Windows 10: Many disk with no media appear in my disk management and diskpart

Discus and support Many disk with no media appear in my disk management and diskpart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, After installing a new copy of windows 10 in my PC, and after checking disk management then diskpart command I found that there is many disks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ihab Chaaban, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Many disk with no media appear in my disk management and diskpart

Hi,

After installing a new copy of windows 10 in my PC, and after checking disk management then diskpart command I found that there is many disks appear saying removable no media as per the screenshot below.

Many disk with no media appear in my disk management and diskpart cbb4deb2-819c-4ffa-80e0-cb1f713ce347?upload=true.jpg

Many disk with no media appear in my disk management and diskpart 68540053-70d9-454b-ace1-6b828af11613?upload=true.jpg

Why these disks appear, and what it's used for, and how to remove them??

Thanks,

Ihab

:)

Ihab Chaaban, Nov 28, 2018

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Many disk with no media appear in my disk management and diskpart :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Disk showing in Disk Management, But not DiskPart

Hello!

So, today I was doing a friend a favor, he had an old 1TB hard drive with important photos on it. He said he would appreciate it if I could move the photos to a different hard drive.

So, I hooked it up to my self-built PC (with a SATA port) and it didn't show up in file explorer.

So, I checked Disk Management to see if it would show up there, and it did. I later realized why it didn't show up in file explorer (Because it didn't have a drive letter). In Disk Management, I right clicked the primary partition only to find that it wouldn't
    let me assign a drive letter.

I remembered there was another way to assign drive letters, with DiskPart. So I typed this into Command Prompt:

diskpart > list volume

In DiskPart, It showed the drive's EFI system partition (partition 1) but not the (Healthy) Primary Partition (partition 2).

Also in DiskPart, I could type "list disk" and it would show me the 1TB drive, if I then typed "list partition" it would show me the different partitions, but wouldn't let me assign a drive letter to them.

In summary, Disk Management showed the partition, but wouldn't assign a drive letter. DiskPart showed the partition 1, but not the primary partition.

My objective is to show the photos located on the 1TB drive's 2nd partition without erasing it.

I would be happy to add pictures if necessary.

Thanks!

John-Louis Barton, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Many disk with no media appear in my disk management and diskpart

Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Many disk with no media appear in my disk management and diskpart

1. Many disk with no media appear in my disk management and diskpart - Similar Threads - Many disk media

2. is offline disk and disable disk device manager or diskpart inactive is the same or whats...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is offline disk and disable disk device manager or diskpart inactive is the same or whats...: is offline disk and disable disk device manager or diskpart inactive is the same or whats better can someone explain this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-offline-disk-and-disable-disk-device-manager-or/ffc29c94-36b9-4895-85ca-5bdbfe4254a3
  3. is offline disk and disable disk device manager or diskpart inactive is the same or whats...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is offline disk and disable disk device manager or diskpart inactive is the same or whats...: is offline disk and disable disk device manager or diskpart inactive is the same or whats better can someone explain this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-offline-disk-and-disable-disk-device-manager-or/ffc29c94-36b9-4895-85ca-5bdbfe4254a3
  4. External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart: Hi, recently I wanted to format my fat32 external hard disk to NTFS. I copied the files and in between the copy was stopped and my laptop was hanged, when I unplugged the external hard disk the hang issue was sorted. When I again inserted my hard disk, it hung again, somehow,...
  5. External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart

External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart: Hi, recently I wanted to format my fat32 external hard disk to NTFS. I copied the files and in between the copy was stopped and my laptop was hanged, when I unplugged the external hard disk the hang issue was sorted. When I again inserted my hard disk, it hung again, somehow,...
  6. External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My SSD appear in the Bios but not in Disk Managment

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My SSD appear in the Bios but not in Disk Managment: today I trying to clean install Windows 10, but suddenly my SSD dissapair from the partition option, and only show me the hard disk to install the windows 10, when installed the Windows 10, I go to Disk magagment to find out the SSD is missing, doesn't show unallocated,...
  8. No media status disk management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No media status disk management: My pen drive is not detected in explorer. So, I opened disk manager to check the issue where I found the disk status to be no media. I even tried it on a different computer but still didn't work. Even tried it on linux and got the same. But when I try to detect it with some...
  9. Are Diskpart and Disk Management on the same PC???

Are Diskpart and Disk Management on the same PC???: Hi ..... a little bit of weirdness on a recent install ..... take a look at the screen captures taken on my laptop linked to below and you'll see what I'm getting at in the title to the post (the Disk Management version is correct) .... look forward to feedback ..... Alan...
  10. inconsistent partition info in disk manager / diskpart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    inconsistent partition info in disk manager / diskpart: Hello Forum! I hope I can find a guru here, who can explain the "interesting" phenomena of different partition types (in disk manager it's actually listed in the "status" column) being displayed by disk manager vs diskpart. The setup: disk0 has 8 partitions (3 primary,...