Windows 10: Many Event 100 Critical Errors, Extremely Slow Startup Time

Discus and support Many Event 100 Critical Errors, Extremely Slow Startup Time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, For a quite a long time my HP laptop has been playing up and taking a really long time to startup and load everything. After signing in to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChrispyIQ, Feb 23, 2019.

1. ChrispyIQ Win User

Many Event 100 Critical Errors, Extremely Slow Startup Time

Hey,

For a quite a long time my HP laptop has been playing up and taking a really long time to startup and load everything. After signing in to my laptop, the only elements on the desktop that load is the background, bottom right hand clock and date panel as well as the Windows Start button. It takes an extra minute to load everything else, eg. taskbar apps, desktop app shortcuts, etc.

When I enter Event Viewer and check the Diagnostics-Performance tab, many Event 100 IDs are there, all critical errors. My last BIOS times (found in the Startup tab in Task Manager) fluctuates and goes anywhere from 2.9 seconds to as long as 12 seconds (only happened once though). Most of the time nowadays it's around 3.1 - 4.9 seconds.

I have tried many solutions, including:

-Scanning for viruses

-Tweaking visual effects in Windows 10

-Disk cleanup

-Updating graphics drivers

-Bunch of Command Prompt commands, eg. sfc/ scannow, dism/ commands, etc.

-Updating Windows and other drivers

-Setting virtual RAM to higher values

The last thing I want to do is reset my laptop. In case you were wondering, my computer is completely capable enough and does not need to be upgraded, since it didn't always happen.

Many Event 100 Critical Errors, Extremely Slow Startup Time 02bf3ad3-964e-44c6-80bb-bd8bbd4e525f?upload=true.jpg

Please help, this is starting to get kinda worrying and annoying at the same time!

:)

ChrispyIQ, Feb 23, 2019
  2. smeers Win User

Extremely slow Win10 with constant 100% disk

My Dell Inspiron 3147 (11 inch) continuously preforms extremely slow at everything; from loading Windows initially to logging in to opening programs...

Doing anything from a USB flash drive is much faster, however, for some reason.

So I checked task manager (with nothing else open on a fresh install) and disk usage was 100%, no matter what I did, with speeds extremely slow as well.

I'm not sure if my drive is fried or corrupted, but is there a way to solve this? I don't think it is fully broken if this is still bootable.

Thanks for help in advance!

EDIT: All the specifications listed on my account are the same for this specific system.

(Also, running Ubuntu off of a separate USB stick, not touching the main drive, worked at expected speeds too. This supports that it is a drive issue.)

tl;dr: Laptop is extremely slow with the drive being at a constant 100% usage. Everything but the drive runs at normal speeds.

smeers, Feb 23, 2019
  3. SlipSlice Win User
    Slow Startup

Does anybody know why I am having really slow system startups? I don't have extra startup programs than I use to have. The only thing that I think it could be is my antivirus program. I use AVG now since I reformated 2 days ago..and every since then, I have a really slow startup..I don't know if that is the reason..Does anybody have any suggestions, on how to speed my startup? I use to be able to be on my desktop screen in like 35-40 seconds at most. And now it is way over a minute. Any help would be gr8.

-slip*Cool Many Event 100 Critical Errors, Extremely Slow Startup Time :cool:

SlipSlice, Feb 23, 2019
  4. erocker Win User

System crashes after 40mins game time

Check the Event Viewer in the Control Panel. What kind of Criticals Errors and Warnings does it list?

erocker, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Many Event 100 Critical Errors, Extremely Slow Startup Time - Similar Threads - Many Event 100

2. EXTREMELY SLOW boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXTREMELY SLOW boot time: So, when I try to start my PC, it takes about an hour. Then I tried to go to recovery options I disabled windows RE, so I have to boot up from my installation media. When I boot from my windows installation DVD, it hangs up at the purple background, and wouldn't show the...
  3. EXTREMELY SLOW boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EXTREMELY SLOW boot time: So, when I try to start my PC, it takes about an hour. Then I tried to go to recovery options I disabled windows RE, so I have to boot up from my installation media. When I boot from my windows installation DVD, it hangs up at the purple background, and wouldn't show the...
  4. Extremely slow ssd DISK ALWAYS 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely slow ssd DISK ALWAYS 100%: I used to be a user of Windows 10. With time, my disk started reaching 100% all the time. I moved to Linux for a year and then came back to Windows 11. Sadly, I still have the same problem everything was fine while using Linux.Details:SSD: ST1000LM035-1RK172I have enabled...
  5. Extremely slow ssd DISK ALWAYS 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extremely slow ssd DISK ALWAYS 100%: I used to be a user of Windows 10. With time, my disk started reaching 100% all the time. I moved to Linux for a year and then came back to Windows 11. Sadly, I still have the same problem everything was fine while using Linux.Details:SSD: ST1000LM035-1RK172I have enabled...
  6. My Computer's Startup is extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Computer's Startup is extremely slow: Hi, so first I want to preface this with the fact that I'm not amazing with computers. My friend built mine and ever since I got it, I've been having problems like the computer running slow and the startup taking upwards of 20 to 30 minutes. I've tried everything I can think...
  7. Extremely slow performance - Disk 100% active time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extremely slow performance - Disk 100% active time: Hello, I just put a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on my old desktop. It's using a Samsung PM830 SSD to run the system and a Seagate 2tb secondary drive. The only other programs I've installed on the computer is Steam and Google Chrome. When I try to run any software,...
  8. Extremely Slow Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely Slow Startup: Dell Inspiron 5759 16 gigs of RAM - plenty of disk space - start up takes 5-10 minutes I have completed all the normal stuff - updates, system file checker DISM, and anything I have read or heard of Both the system file checker and DISM says everything with the OS is good...
  9. Extremely Slow and Random Startup

Extremely Slow and Random Startup: Hello, I have just run into an issue where I restarted my PC and for some reason, it would take forever to even load to the desktop where normally its 30 seconds. First I went ahead and did a few more restarts(had to force restart since start menu did not work). Each time...
  10. Windows 10 extremely slow on startup

Windows 10 extremely slow on startup: I have a 256 gig SSD with 88 gig free (not part of the profile). I upgraded to Windows 10 two weeks ago. Everything seemed fine until Monday morning when it went into repair mode on startup. I had to reinstall from the media DVD. Afterward, when it started, it was so slow...