Windows 10: Many fails at upgrading Win10 home to Pro

Discus and support Many fails at upgrading Win10 home to Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; keep getting error code when trying to upgrade from 10 Home to pro. I purchased upgrade via Microsoft Store. I've looked all online (I googled and ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Seabazz91, May 5, 2019.

1. Seabazz91 Win User

Many fails at upgrading Win10 home to Pro

keep getting error code when trying to upgrade from 10 Home to pro. I purchased upgrade via Microsoft Store. I've looked all online (I googled and ran in circles on the Microsoft page) and my error code somehow isnt showing up anywhere else. someone please help me.

:)

Seabazz91, May 5, 2019
  2. Cybot Win User

Upgrade to windows 10 Pro failed

since the normal steps to download and install the 'upgrade to windows 10' update have failed. I am trying to use a program I found while googling trying to solve the issue, called
    wuinstall. the program is not free, but there is a 30-day trial version. I used that and at an admin command prompt where I extracted the program, I used this command: WUInstall /download
    /match "Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro" /install

for those only available to get windows 10 Home, finde the proper name of your update by typing this: WUInstall.exe /search

assuming you have done the win10 reservation thing, the update will be listed. change the /match "Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro" to match the update name.

This may not work for you if you spot in the upgrade queue has not come up yet.

WUINstall is downloading the update and will *hopefully* will install it when it finishes. I will keep this post updated as to whether it succeeds or fails to install

Cybot, May 5, 2019
  3. AZ_Bob Win User
    Still Can Not Upgrade to Win10

I just tried, for the ***time to upgrade from Win7 Pro SP1 to Win10. As usual, the upgrade fails, this time with the error code 8024201C.

I have tried many of the suggestions posted on this site, all to no avail. Needless to say, I am getting frustrated.

Can someone assist me in upgrading to Win10? Please.

AZ_Bob, May 5, 2019
  4. BUG
    bug Win User

Ssd upgrade

What do you mean "no good"? At which step did it fail?

Thema:

1. Many fails at upgrading Win10 home to Pro - Similar Threads - Many fails upgrading

2. Upgrading from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro fails with Error Code 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro fails with Error Code 0x80070005: I have had a valid Win10 Home license that came with my Razer notebook. To use Bitlocker I was forced to upgrade to Pro. I did...1. Open "About this Computer" 2. Clicked "Change product key or upgrade your edition for windows"3. Clicked upgrade to Pro -> Store opened4. I...
  3. Purchased Win10 Pro upgrade on Win10 Home machine, upgrade failed and is now asking for...

Purchased Win10 Pro upgrade on Win10 Home machine, upgrade failed and is now asking for...: First off, it seems insane to me that MS has done away with human interaction other than free crowd-sourced support, but anyway...A client I am assisting has purchased a Windows 10 Pro upgrade on a machine that had Win10 Home installed. Began the installation, which promptly...
  4. win10 pro upgrade from win10 home

win10 pro upgrade from win10 home: I'm upgrading my home edition to pro which I have done before with other win10 home pc's, don't need or want the hassle of a new install. I got a win10 pro, its the full pkg, with an install cd. first I did the change key with the generic win 10 pro key, reboot, and then...
  5. Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I just completed an upgrade from Win10 Home to Pro. I paid $99 to do this.Everything seemed to be going well, but right at the end, the upgrade terminated giving me an error 0X80070005. My PC was "frozen," so I rebooted.On the reboot, the system went through several rounds of...
  6. Upgrade rom Win10 home to Win10 pro

Upgrade rom Win10 home to Win10 pro: Hi all, Does all apps remaining on the upgraded computer when doing the upgrade? It's very important because I use software that needs machine codes in cloud to use. Otherwise I have to ask new machine codes to my software vendors. It would be great that these apps still...
  7. Upgrade and activate win10 home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade and activate win10 home to Pro: When I built my PC I installed Win10 home on it, but have decided I want win10 pro. So, I have bought a win10 pro key, but it is not working. I get the error: The product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one....
  8. Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro

Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro: I'm trying to upgrade my win10 home to pro but I'm stuck. The steps taken are below: 1. I disconnected my internet-connection. 2. I went to systems->"Update&Security" -> Activation -> "Change Product Key" 3. I entered the generic key "VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T" and the...
  9. Win10 Home->Pro Upgrade Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Home->Pro Upgrade Problem: Hi, This morning I bought Pro for this laptop, via the Store app. It goes to install it right away, after a prompt, the install fails. I try again, checking for updates. Supposedly does it (runs TiWorker in the background, etc.). I reboot, it having been finished (AFAICT)....
  10. Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: Recently I have replaced my Win 8.1 Home edition with a Win 10 Home edition. (64-bit) Now I would like to upgrade Win10 Home to a Win10 Pro Edition. How do I do that and what will it cost me? 31154