Windows 10: Many games won't run unless I paste .dlls into the install folder

Discus and support Many games won't run unless I paste .dlls into the install folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just upgraded my PC, and with that I reinstalled Windows. Never used to have issues like this on the previous install:Almost every game I install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Maarkat, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Maarkat Win User

Many games won't run unless I paste .dlls into the install folder

I just upgraded my PC, and with that I reinstalled Windows. Never used to have issues like this on the previous install:Almost every game I install won't run due to missing .dlls. Invariably, the only thing that works is to place a copy of either Xinput1_3.dll or msvcp100.dll in the install folder. This has happened, in a matter of two weeks or so, with Metal Gear Rising, both MGSV games, The Quarry and Duck Game. There were no issues running Sleeping Dogs and Forza Horizon 4.I'm sick of installing and reinstalling VC++ redist, DX runtimes, DirectX, .NET framework and XNA framework, and playin

:)

Maarkat, Nov 23, 2022
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Error: "MSVCR120.dll is eithernot designed to run on Windows or it contains an error" while trying to install a game on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in installing the game on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you downloaded a fresh copy of the installation file and tried to re-install it when you say: "uninstalling it and reinstalling"?
    • Is the game compatible to run on Windows 10 operating system?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried when you say: "i ve run all sorts of tests"?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run a SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below thread, check if your issue matches. If so try the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    ME () and check if your issue is resolved.

Windows update now MSVCP110.dll missing

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 23, 2022
  4. eddman Win User

Two different ".dll " to work sharing folder and name ?

You can use the following method. I haven't tested it fully but I've been able to at least launch ReShade. You'd have to experiment further by yourself.

1. Download this injector tool (Xenos_2.3.2.7z): Release Version 2.3.2 . DarthTon/Xenos . GitHub

2. Extract that file to a folder somewhere on your drive (not a game folder). You'd get a few files. "Xenos64.exe" and "Xenos.exe" are the ones you'll need.

3. Now extract the contents of the ReShade setup file that you have (I'm using the latest ReShade_Setup_4.8.2.exe, for example) with something like WINRAR to where those Xenos exe files are.

4. Now you should have these files in that folder:

• Xenos.exe
    • Xenos64.exe
    • ReShade32.dll
    • ReShade32.json
    • ReShade64.dll
    • ReShade64.json
    • Changelog.txt (not needed)
    • Readme.txt (not needed)

5. Now go back and, as you always do, run the ReShade setup file for your desired game and install whatever shaders, effects, etc. you need.

6. Go to the game's folder, where reshade files were installed too, and delete "dxgi.dll" and "dxgi.log", or "d3d11.dll" and "d3d11.log", or "d3d9.dll" and "d3d9.log", etc. (whichever you chose to install at step 5)

7. Run one of the Xenos exe files. (probably Xenos64.exe)

8. To select the game exe, there are three options, "Existing", "New" and "Manual launch". I used "Manual launch". (You can read more about it here: GitHub - MrZalgo/XenosInjector: An injector for CS:GO (might be detected))

9. Navigate to and select the desired game's exe file.

10. Now to add ReShade, click on the "Add" button and select the compatible ReSahde dll file, either "ReShade32.dll" or "ReShade64.dll" (you have to test and see which one works).

11. Now click the "Inject" button. A small window will show up that says "Waiting...".

12. Now launch the game. Reshade will be loaded.

You can use this method for either ReShade or 3DMigoto (some of the steps will be different for this one obviously); whichever you want. I don't think you need to do it for both of them.

EDIT: I just read your previous post. Yes, Xenos and Special K are both injectors, so this should work for that too, with some changes in the steps.

eddman, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Many games won't run unless I paste .dlls into the install folder - Similar Threads - Many games won't

2. Apps won't run unless I right click and "run as adminstrator"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps won't run unless I right click and "run as adminstrator": HiI've seen a few similar questions but thus far none of the solutions have worked so here goes.....Since say early December 2022 I have noticed that the 2 main program / apps I run that are based on my Win 10 PC now only run if I right click on them and then click "run as...
  3. Apps won't run unless I right click and "run as adminstrator"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps won't run unless I right click and "run as adminstrator": HiI've seen a few similar questions but thus far none of the solutions have worked so here goes.....Since say early December 2022 I have noticed that the 2 main program / apps I run that are based on my Win 10 PC now only run if I right click on them and then click "run as...
  4. Apps won't run unless I right click and "run as adminstrator"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Many games won't run unless I paste .dlls into the install folder

Many games won't run unless I paste .dlls into the install folder: I just upgraded my PC, and with that I reinstalled Windows. Never used to have issues like this on the previous install:Almost every game I install won't run due to missing .dlls. Invariably, the only thing that works is to place a copy of either Xinput1_3.dll or msvcp100.dll...
  6. Games run slow unless I force directx12

Games run slow unless I force directx12: My pc suddenly has problems running a lot of games, while it's specs are quite high.It used to be able to run almost any game, but it currently has issues running any game I try.It has no issues outside of running games, other things work just fine.The games run at about ~15...
  7. Madden game won't run past icon screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Madden game won't run past icon screen: Every time I click the icon to start Madden a box pops up with "Do You Want To Allow This App From Unknown Publisher To Make Changes To Your Device". I've tried clicking Yes & No. Neither does anything....
  8. Madden game won't run past icon screen

Madden game won't run past icon screen: Every time I click the icon to start Madden a box pops up with "Do You Want To Allow This App From Unknown Publisher To Make Changes To Your Device". I've tried clicking Yes & No. Neither does anything....
  9. Firefox and Chrome won't run unless "run as administrator"

Firefox and Chrome won't run unless "run as administrator": Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, Build 18363.418 Firefox and Chrome have both ceased to start unless "run as administrator". I can see the window form for the application, but is goes away almost instantly. Task manager shows no process still running after that, so it goes away...
  10. Apps won't run unless I use " Run as admin "

Apps won't run unless I use " Run as admin ": Hello everybody -- first of all I am sorry if my English is not very well... but I have problem with running apps. I can't run Taskmanager, msconfig, regedit using run while clicking on them, but if I use " run as admin " they will run without any problem. Also I have this...