Windows 10: MANY iCloud Photos icons appearing in Explorer file directory. More generated every day....

Discus and support MANY iCloud Photos icons appearing in Explorer file directory. More generated every day.... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just recently, my file directory started showing a whole slew of iCloud Photos entries. As of this morning, there were over 20 such entries. A couple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Katemn1011, Jun 13, 2020.

1. MANY iCloud Photos icons appearing in Explorer file directory. More generated every day....

Just recently, my file directory started showing a whole slew of iCloud Photos entries. As of this morning, there were over 20 such entries. A couple more seem be generated every time I log in. See first screenshot below.

When I click on any of the entries, the system says the folder is empty. The properties box says they all point to the same place -- D:\OneDrive\Pictures\iCloud Photos. When I go to that target location, there are four folders, some with photos and others that are empty. See second screenshot. I don't see anything that might correspond to the MANY iCloud Photos entries appearing my directory.

The mystery entries appear to be some sort of shortcut, but there is no apparent way to delete them. They just keep self-generating and accumulating.

I do not for the life of me know where these entries are coming from. I have not made any recent changes to my software or settings other than to apply Windows 10 updates. No new devices have been added.

Please help. This is incredibly annoying.

Kate
    MANY iCloud Photos icons appearing in Explorer file directory.  More generated every day.... af7c54af-450c-4bcd-80bf-c213cdfd2671?upload=true.png

MANY iCloud Photos icons appearing in Explorer file directory.  More generated every day.... f0e94595-15a8-4c44-84c9-e59ef7eb0859?upload=true.png

:)

Katemn1011, Jun 13, 2020

2. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! MANY iCloud Photos icons appearing in Explorer file directory.  More generated every day.... :)

justinmreina, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Open File Explorer with pre-defined directory?

Welcome to TenForums @clsven

First, pin File Explorer to the task bar. You can then click and drag a folder (such as Videos) and drop it on the File Explorer icon to pin it to File Explorer. The list of pinned folders can be accessed by right-clicking on the File Explorer icon. Select a folder from the list and you will open File Explorer at that folder. This is the same list of pinned folders that you will see in File Explorer's Quick Access.

MANY iCloud Photos icons appearing in Explorer file directory.  More generated every day.... [​IMG]

4. gogreen Win User

MANY iCloud Photos icons appearing in Explorer file directory. More generated every day....

Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

I've customized the look of File Explorer (thanks to the tutorial). Now, how do I remove iCloud Photos from the Devices and Drives view in file Explorer?

gogreen, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

MANY iCloud Photos icons appearing in Explorer file directory. More generated every day....

1. MANY iCloud Photos icons appearing in Explorer file directory. More generated every day.... - Similar Threads - MANY iCloud Photos

2. iCloud for Windows: Unable to create a directory for iCloud Photos Error 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iCloud for Windows: Unable to create a directory for iCloud Photos Error 5: The following thread is locked without having been resolved, and I see the same issue posted on multiple sites, including Microsoft, Apple, Dropbox, and others...
  3. iCloud for Windows: Unable to create a directory for iCloud Photos Error 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iCloud for Windows: Unable to create a directory for iCloud Photos Error 5: The following thread is locked without having been resolved, and I see the same issue posted on multiple sites, including Microsoft, Apple, Dropbox, and others...
  4. iCloud for Windows: Unable to create a directory for iCloud Photos Error 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iCloud for Windows: Unable to create a directory for iCloud Photos Error 5: I've searched high and low for a solution to this error. I had given up after over a year of trying to resolve it, on Windows 10 and Windows 11. I have some free time, so I used Hyper-V to setup a test bed and found the root of the issue. I've been through every single...
  5. iCloud for Windows: Unable to create a directory for iCloud Photos Error 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iCloud for Windows: Unable to create a directory for iCloud Photos Error 5: I've searched high and low for a solution to this error. I had given up after over a year of trying to resolve it, on Windows 10 and Windows 11. I have some free time, so I used Hyper-V to setup a test bed and found the root of the issue. I've been through every single...
  6. remove icloud photos files from file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove icloud photos files from file explorer: remove iCloud photos files from file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-icloud-photos-files-from-file-explorer/3a74e97c-28a2-47fa-bb60-2a7362fb1ffc
  7. iCloud Photos Icons/Thumbnails in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iCloud Photos Icons/Thumbnails in File Explorer: Not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but on both my machines I have had this. iCloud Photos icon comes up loads of times as you can see in the picture I've attached. The number of thumbnails keeps increasing. When I uninstall, the icons remain there but the little...
  8. Delete iCloud photos from file explorer

Delete iCloud photos from file explorer: Hello everyone, can some help me, how do i delete the icloud folders created in file explorer. I downloaded icloud for windows, had no luck accessing icloud photos. decided to log out and uninstall icloud windows but left with these in the file explorer, that I really...
  9. file explorer icloud photo detail

file explorer icloud photo detail: in window 10 file explorer, how do I get the detail view in the icloud photo download folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-icloud-photo-detail/742dcd64-5921-4e7b-a193-3a541aea2ef3"
  10. Photos suddenly not appearing in File Explorer

Photos suddenly not appearing in File Explorer: I regularly transfer photos from my iPhone to my PC, which runs on Windows 10. Photos are transferred using Microsoft Photos and then immediately appear in File Explorer in files according to month and year. However, as of 2/15/19, my photos can no longer be found in File...