Windows 10: Many instances of Chrome in Taskmanager- only 3 t

Discus and support Many instances of Chrome in Taskmanager- only 3 t in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Guys, I've been chasing an issue that slows me down when I run Chrome, which is my browser of choice. Even when I open only a few tabs and close... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pwscott, Feb 6, 2017.

1. pwscott Win User

Many instances of Chrome in Taskmanager- only 3 t

Guys,

I've been chasing an issue that slows me down when I run Chrome, which is my browser of choice. Even when I open only a few tabs and close others as I do, it seems there remain many, many 'instances' of Chrome in Taskmanager!??

I tried a fix for this of adding "-no-sandbox" to the target field in the shortcut I launch Chrome from.....Malware Bytes security sw seems to see that as an exploit and disallow it.

Other ideas??

Many instances of Chrome in Taskmanager- only 3 t [​IMG]

Many instances of Chrome in Taskmanager- only 3 t [​IMG]

:)

pwscott, Feb 6, 2017
  2. slance310 Win User

What is hogging my DSL's bandwidth?

Hi,

The lights in my modem are flashing pretty good right now as I read and type this, but my bandwidth meter is showing 6kb\s... very little...

Taskmanager does not actually go by how many "windows" are "open" in a browser, but how many "Tabs" are open... Whether you are viewing them or not...

It is possible that Chrome requires more than "1" process to function..

If you expand Chrome it should show you what the 5 processes are...

For instance... I am using IE 11 with two tabs open... my mail where I received your reply and this thread...

Taskmanager is showing 2 processes for Internet Explorer... If I expand that it is displaying my email and this thread...

I don't know if that resolves your problem, but might shine a bit of light on what is happening...

slance310, Feb 6, 2017
  3. pagefile.sys is too big >20GB

I will post the error when it happens again. When I check the TaskManager, the physical memory is always around 50 to 60% utilized, never maxed out. Chrome usually has the most memory 0.5 to 2GB depending on how many pages are open. Should I look at something
    else in TaskManager?

Thanks

Jayson98435984780462870562780450871870153780143870, Feb 6, 2017
  4. Many instances of Chrome in Taskmanager- only 3 t

Caledon Ken, Feb 7, 2017
Thema:

Many instances of Chrome in Taskmanager- only 3 t

1. Many instances of Chrome in Taskmanager- only 3 t - Similar Threads - Many instances Chrome

2. taskmanager bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    taskmanager bug: [ATTACH] i have a problem , i was having those tabs but now i dont https://preview.redd.it/smsrj2z4r5651.png?width=847&format=png&auto=webp&s=0d85ec0495f750ab522947126792e63acef60973 submitted by /u/alaaddinet [link] [comments]...
  3. Chrome/ App didn`t start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome/ App didn`t start: Hi! I've got this message today while I was trying to use Chrome and a Safe Pay via an antivirus application: "The procedure entry point IpRenewAddress could not be located in the dynamic..." for each application. I`ve reinstalled Chrome several times, deleting also the...
  4. Windows 10 Search opening 3 Application Instances

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Search opening 3 Application Instances: To open an application from the search bar, I normally type in the applications name until it appears on the top of the list (and highlighted) and then press the keyboard return key. What used to happen is that one copy of the application would open, but having upgraded to...
  5. Taskmanager problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskmanager problem: I tried to install Google Chrome but the installer closed after 3 seconds and from that moment, Task manager does not start without running him as administrator... I cant open him with CTRL+Shift+Esc , CTRL+ALT+DELETE or from System32 without administrator privileges. Its...
  6. JBL charge 3 can´t connect.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    JBL charge 3 can´t connect.: Hello, I installed and reinstalled the driver several times but I can´t connect it to my PC. It every time tell´s me "Es konnte keine Verbindung mit dem Gerät hergestellt werden"....
  7. Many Instances of same application in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Many Instances of same application in Task Manager: Hi all. Thanks for taking a second to look. I have been having this problem for a while now. I am running an Alienware Alpha r1 (Yea I know...) and I formatted it and removed the Alienware software and I just have wiundows 10 running. For some reason it always has multiple...
  8. Many Confusing Instances of Windows Boot Manager.

in Windows 10 Support
    Many Confusing Instances of Windows Boot Manager.: My PC is performing normally, but when I look at the bios boot page, I am very confused. [IMG] My bios Boot section shows multiple instances of Windows Boot Manager. The actual hardware is two SSD's one older data hard drive, a CD drive and a desktop backup hard drive. The...
  9. Google Chrome Taskbar Icon Opening Too Many New Instances

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Taskbar Icon Opening Too Many New Instances: I don't even know how to succinctly summarize this problem so I couldn't even google search it. Both my PCs run Windows 10 Pro. On one of them, when you click a the Google Chrome taskbar button...the button disappears and becomes a Chrome program instance which you can...
  10. Why so many instances of Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Why so many instances of Google Chrome: In Startup there appear to be five instances of Google Chrome 32-bit, and, of course, Startup is sluggish. All instances have a common modified date. The numerous instances seem to be making Startup sluggish and I am confused how they got there. As Chrome is open I cannot...