Many Instances of same application in Task Manager

Discus and support Many Instances of same application in Task Manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all. Thanks for taking a second to look. I have been having this problem for a while now. I am running an Alienware Alpha r1 (Yea I know...) and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ComatoseRoses, Jul 9, 2018.

1. ComatoseRoses Win User

Hi all. Thanks for taking a second to look. I have been having this problem for a while now. I am running an Alienware Alpha r1 (Yea I know...) and I formatted it and removed the Alienware software and I just have wiundows 10 running. For some reason it always has multiple instances of the same programs running and I cant stop it. I have tried disabling them but things just keep popping up as repeats of the same program. I think it's really bogging my system down. Has anyone seen anything like this before? Anyone have a fix? This is just one secion of the task manager but it shows the duplicates. Many other programs are duplicated at least as many times. Thanks.

Many Instances of same application in Task Manager [​IMG]

:)

ComatoseRoses, Jul 9, 2018
  2. JMiller123 Win User

Windows Phone 8.1 Task Manager - many application instances

I just used the Developer Preview to update my wife's Lumia 620 to WP 8.1. Installation was totally smooth. However...

The task manager (when holding the back button) is quite helpful, but one issue I have is that it shows many instances of an individual application. My wife pretty much only hits the windows key to return to the home screen and rarely hits the back key.
    So, there are 3-4 instances of any given app. It clutters the entire task manager when she's got 3 Facebook Messenger apps open, 4 messenging apps, and 2 IEs, and her alarm.

Is there any way to have just one instance of each app open in the task manager for less clutter?

JMiller123, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Roger Fraikin Win User
    How to clear the list of applications from the applications history in the task manager?

The tasks manager offers an interesting tab called "applications history" ("historique des applications" showing the resources used by the applications.

To get rid of old history, there is the possibility to "delete usage history" ("Supprimer l'historique d'utilisation").

Unfortunately, this function only resets the counters.

It does not clear the list of applications so that old, unused, uninstalled applications still appear in the list.

Is there any way to get rid of them and completely clear the usage list?

Roger Fraikin, Jul 9, 2018
  4. JMiller123 Win User

Windows Phone 8.1 Task Manager - many application instances

So, after spending some extra time with it, I realized it's really only the Messaging app that seems messed up. For instance, if my wife is messaging with me, then hits the home screen, the later hits the app button again, and messages with me more, she'll
    have two of the same exact windows in her task manager. They will both link straight to the conversation thread with me. It makes no sense.

JMiller123, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Many Instances of same application in Task Manager - Similar Threads - Many Instances same

2. I can't connect to many websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't connect to many websites: Hi, I can't connect to various websites in the US. I am located in Italy and when I type address I get the following error message: www.sunpass.com - Access Denied Error code 16 This request was blocked by the security rules 2018-07-21 09:28:08 UTC Your IP93.34.90.179...
  3. Many older steam games won't work after last update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Many older steam games won't work after last update...: After installing the most recent Windows 10 update, I have noticed that many of my favorite older games such as Hearts of Iron 3, Silent Hunter 3, and Silent Hunter 4 no longer work. Does anyone know a solution for this? I have seen other people have the same problem but...
  4. Notepad document erased after saved many times plz help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad document erased after saved many times plz help: lost a chapter please help me recover document. possible sabotage. Notepad document was empty when I pulled it back up, on desktop. searched the entire drive no restore point and no document recovery....
  5. updates fail to install many times --(Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 (3))

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updates fail to install many times --(Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 (3)): i m really annoyed to see this ..... Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 (3)Failed to install on ‎7/‎18/‎2018 - 0x8024000b updates are downloding so many rimes but fail to install, its using up huge amount of my data ! its very bad , i think windows is not good....
  6. Multiple BSOD's for a year now, many windows-reinstalls didn't help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD's for a year now, many windows-reinstalls didn't help: Hello everyone, After having BSOD's for over a year now, and trying several options, I turned to this channel as a last hope option. I purchased my PC over two years ago - assembled In Store. It was an Intel Core I7-5930K, H110GT cooling, 32GB Corsair vengeance LPX DDR4...
  7. Many Confusing Instances of Windows Boot Manager.

in Windows 10 Support
    Many Confusing Instances of Windows Boot Manager.: My PC is performing normally, but when I look at the bios boot page, I am very confused. [IMG] My bios Boot section shows multiple instances of Windows Boot Manager. The actual hardware is two SSD's one older data hard drive, a CD drive and a desktop backup hard drive. The...
  8. Google Chrome Taskbar Icon Opening Too Many New Instances

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Taskbar Icon Opening Too Many New Instances: I don't even know how to succinctly summarize this problem so I couldn't even google search it. Both my PCs run Windows 10 Pro. On one of them, when you click a the Google Chrome taskbar button...the button disappears and becomes a Chrome program instance which you can...
  9. Many instances of Chrome in Taskmanager- only 3 t

in Browsers and Email
    Many instances of Chrome in Taskmanager- only 3 t: Guys, I've been chasing an issue that slows me down when I run Chrome, which is my browser of choice. Even when I open only a few tabs and close others as I do, it seems there remain many, many 'instances' of Chrome in Taskmanager!?? I tried a fix for this of adding...
  10. Why so many instances of Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Why so many instances of Google Chrome: In Startup there appear to be five instances of Google Chrome 32-bit, and, of course, Startup is sluggish. All instances have a common modified date. The numerous instances seem to be making Startup sluggish and I am confused how they got there. As Chrome is open I cannot...