Windows 10: Many Instances of same application in Task Manager

Discus and support Many Instances of same application in Task Manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all. Thanks for taking a second to look. I have been having this problem for a while now. I am running an Alienware Alpha r1 (Yea I know...) and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ComatoseRoses, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Many Instances of same application in Task Manager

Hi all. Thanks for taking a second to look. I have been having this problem for a while now. I am running an Alienware Alpha r1 (Yea I know...) and I formatted it and removed the Alienware software and I just have wiundows 10 running. For some reason it always has multiple instances of the same programs running and I cant stop it. I have tried disabling them but things just keep popping up as repeats of the same program. I think it's really bogging my system down. Has anyone seen anything like this before? Anyone have a fix? This is just one secion of the task manager but it shows the duplicates. Many other programs are duplicated at least as many times. Thanks.

Many Instances of same application in Task Manager [​IMG]

:)

ComatoseRoses, Jul 9, 2018

2. Windows Phone 8.1 Task Manager - many application instances

I just used the Developer Preview to update my wife's Lumia 620 to WP 8.1. Installation was totally smooth. However...

The task manager (when holding the back button) is quite helpful, but one issue I have is that it shows many instances of an individual application. My wife pretty much only hits the windows key to return to the home screen and rarely hits the back key.
    So, there are 3-4 instances of any given app. It clutters the entire task manager when she's got 3 Facebook Messenger apps open, 4 messenging apps, and 2 IEs, and her alarm.

Is there any way to have just one instance of each app open in the task manager for less clutter?

JMiller123, Jul 9, 2018
  3. How to clear the list of applications from the applications history in the task manager?

The tasks manager offers an interesting tab called "applications history" ("historique des applications" showing the resources used by the applications.

To get rid of old history, there is the possibility to "delete usage history" ("Supprimer l'historique d'utilisation").

Unfortunately, this function only resets the counters.

It does not clear the list of applications so that old, unused, uninstalled applications still appear in the list.

Is there any way to get rid of them and completely clear the usage list?

Roger Fraikin, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Many Instances of same application in Task Manager

Windows Phone 8.1 Task Manager - many application instances

So, after spending some extra time with it, I realized it's really only the Messaging app that seems messed up. For instance, if my wife is messaging with me, then hits the home screen, the later hits the app button again, and messages with me more, she'll
    have two of the same exact windows in her task manager. They will both link straight to the conversation thread with me. It makes no sense.

JMiller123, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Many Instances of same application in Task Manager

1. Many Instances of same application in Task Manager - Similar Threads - Many Instances same

2. How to identify a program instance in Task Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to identify a program instance in Task Manager?: If I'm running multiple instances of the same program, is there a way to identify which instance listed in Task Manager coincides with which tab I have the program running?See screenshot below.I'm running 3 instances of Autodesk Inventor. If one becomes unresponsive and I...
  3. Too many tasks in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many tasks in task manager: I have too many programs running in the background when i check the task manager how do i fix it and disable/delete the useless programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-tasks-in-task-manager/1207dab9-62be-4b41-b9c5-02b788a33113
  4. Too many tasks in task manager

Too many tasks in task manager: I have too many programs running in the background when i check the task manager how do i fix it and disable/delete the useless programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-tasks-in-task-manager/1207dab9-62be-4b41-b9c5-02b788a33113
  5. Too many tasks in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background

Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background: Hello There,I have this issue on my Windows 11 wherein it opens up multiple copies of the same application. In the screenshot from this link that I only opened Photoshop without any tabs or design being active, and yet it shows multiple instances of the same application in...
  7. Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background: Hello There,I have this issue on my Windows 11 wherein it opens up multiple copies of the same application. In the screenshot from this link that I only opened Photoshop without any tabs or design being active, and yet it shows multiple instances of the same application in...
  8. Multiple instances of the same credential in Credential Manager?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple instances of the same credential in Credential Manager?: Hi, in a related but different issue from my previous question about repeated request for credentials in Outlook/Teams see Post Update to Windows 10 20H2 -> Persistent need to reauthenticate I took a look at Credential Manager. I found 4 and 5 instances of the same...
  9. Multiple instances of application visible in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple instances of application visible in task manager: Hi All, Could someone please let me know how to get rid of duplicate process in windows 10? For ex. if i am opening Google chrome, number of process visible in task manager is abnormal and is using huge memory of the system. How can we purge those unwanted applications?...
  10. Many Confusing Instances of Windows Boot Manager.

in Windows 10 Support
    Many Confusing Instances of Windows Boot Manager.: My PC is performing normally, but when I look at the bios boot page, I am very confused. [IMG] My bios Boot section shows multiple instances of Windows Boot Manager. The actual hardware is two SSD's one older data hard drive, a CD drive and a desktop backup hard drive. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. multiple of the same app open in task manager

2. application storting multiple instances in task manager

3. multiple instances of applications in task manager