Windows 10: Many Instances of same application in Task Manager

Discus and support Many Instances of same application in Task Manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all. Thanks for taking a second to look. I have been having this problem for a while now. I am running an Alienware Alpha r1 (Yea I know...) and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ComatoseRoses, Jul 9, 2018.

1. ComatoseRoses Win User

Many Instances of same application in Task Manager

Hi all. Thanks for taking a second to look. I have been having this problem for a while now. I am running an Alienware Alpha r1 (Yea I know...) and I formatted it and removed the Alienware software and I just have wiundows 10 running. For some reason it always has multiple instances of the same programs running and I cant stop it. I have tried disabling them but things just keep popping up as repeats of the same program. I think it's really bogging my system down. Has anyone seen anything like this before? Anyone have a fix? This is just one secion of the task manager but it shows the duplicates. Many other programs are duplicated at least as many times. Thanks.

Many Instances of same application in Task Manager [​IMG]

:)

ComatoseRoses, Jul 9, 2018
  2. JMiller123 Win User

Windows Phone 8.1 Task Manager - many application instances

I just used the Developer Preview to update my wife's Lumia 620 to WP 8.1. Installation was totally smooth. However...

The task manager (when holding the back button) is quite helpful, but one issue I have is that it shows many instances of an individual application. My wife pretty much only hits the windows key to return to the home screen and rarely hits the back key.
    So, there are 3-4 instances of any given app. It clutters the entire task manager when she's got 3 Facebook Messenger apps open, 4 messenging apps, and 2 IEs, and her alarm.

Is there any way to have just one instance of each app open in the task manager for less clutter?

JMiller123, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Roger Fraikin Win User
    How to clear the list of applications from the applications history in the task manager?

The tasks manager offers an interesting tab called "applications history" ("historique des applications" showing the resources used by the applications.

To get rid of old history, there is the possibility to "delete usage history" ("Supprimer l'historique d'utilisation").

Unfortunately, this function only resets the counters.

It does not clear the list of applications so that old, unused, uninstalled applications still appear in the list.

Is there any way to get rid of them and completely clear the usage list?

Roger Fraikin, Jul 9, 2018
  4. JMiller123 Win User

Windows Phone 8.1 Task Manager - many application instances

So, after spending some extra time with it, I realized it's really only the Messaging app that seems messed up. For instance, if my wife is messaging with me, then hits the home screen, the later hits the app button again, and messages with me more, she'll
    have two of the same exact windows in her task manager. They will both link straight to the conversation thread with me. It makes no sense.

JMiller123, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Many Instances of same application in Task Manager - Similar Threads - Many Instances same

2. task manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    task manager: when i try to open task manager it comes up with an error of "c:\WINDOWS\system32\DUI70.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error" i get the same message when i try and factory reset, delete a bluetooth device, and other stuff like that. also, i...
  3. task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    task manager: task manager will not log out of apps says operation can't be completed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/task-manager/438f0773-4953-428b-a99d-10dcbc38d79d
  4. Multiple instances of the same folder open

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple instances of the same folder open: I feel kinda dumb asking this, but here goes. Has windows always allowed having multiple instances of the same folder open? I can't remember. I can open the same folder from a desktop shortcut in an unlimited amount of instances. I can find my desktop toolbar filling up...
  5. Many Confusing Instances of Windows Boot Manager.

in Windows 10 Support
    Many Confusing Instances of Windows Boot Manager.: My PC is performing normally, but when I look at the bios boot page, I am very confused. [IMG] My bios Boot section shows multiple instances of Windows Boot Manager. The actual hardware is two SSD's one older data hard drive, a CD drive and a desktop backup hard drive. The...
  6. Why so many instances of Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Why so many instances of Google Chrome: In Startup there appear to be five instances of Google Chrome 32-bit, and, of course, Startup is sluggish. All instances have a common modified date. The numerous instances seem to be making Startup sluggish and I am confused how they got there. As Chrome is open I cannot...
  7. Issue with a task manager startup application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with a task manager startup application: So recently I opened my task manager startup, and I saw something that I am a little bit concerned about. There's a file that just says "Program" and it has no publisher? I can't link to the file location so I don't know what it is from. Just worried it might be a virus and I...
  8. Unusual application address in task manager for sttray64.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unusual application address in task manager for sttray64.exe: I am trying to repair my Win 10, that newly became so slow, in Chrome browsing and startup, by limiting unnecessary startup programs. I found a "Program" program and did some research about it and decided to remove it from my PC. But it could not be displayed in add/remove...
  9. Two Instances of OneDrive, Both Exactly the Same

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two Instances of OneDrive, Both Exactly the Same: I bought a new PC and it came with a two partitions already set up: one (C Drive) ~100gigs for Windows 10, and one (D Drive) ~1.9 TB. When setting up OneDrive, I set it up so that files would be synced to the D rather than C drive. However, I now have two instances, exactly...
  10. Same ISO many installs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Same ISO many installs: If I understand the premise, the ISO on a USB is for the purpose of preparing for the actual installation. The installation follows, with a download. I will be upgrading between 20 and 40 units for a Seniors Center, where I work as a volunteer. Can I use ONE ISO on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. multiple instances of applications in task manager