Windows 10: Many issues on laptop after update

Discus and support Many issues on laptop after update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I will try to describe my situation as better as possible (and sorry for any mistakes in English). I'm working in a helpdesk and one of our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Yseurk, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Yseurk Win User

Many issues on laptop after update

Hello,

I will try to describe my situation as better as possible (and sorry for any mistakes in English).

I'm working in a helpdesk and one of our customer encountered issues with his laptop.

Machine : Lenovo X1 Carbon 5th gen
    CPU : i5-7200U
    RAM : 8 Gb
    Disk : 256 Nvme
    Vers : 1809

After an update (which he made) the computer was excessively slow (so slow that I needed 3 or 4 seconds for each action). I tried to restore at the created point, but didn't work. I try diffrents commands, didn't work, try to restore it, didn't work, and I just booted on a USB key and reinstalled the OS.

Anyway, I installed a clean WIndows 10 Pro, did some updates, and now things are going to turn wrong :
    > I can't open the settings to search updates (it closes immediatly)

I tried :
    > chkdsk /f
    > sfc /scannow
    > dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

What else can I try ?

Thanks guys ! *Tongue

:)

Yseurk, Apr 6, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 6, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Apr 6, 2019
  4. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Many issues on laptop after update - Similar Threads - Many issues laptop

2. Issue with Huawei laptop after running updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Huawei laptop after running updates: Hey! I bought a new laptop last week and after it ran windows updates and a BIOS update, it keeps giving me a blue screen and then restarts itself. The first day I used the laptop it had no issues. After the 14th of this month the problem started. Everytime, I uninstall the...
  3. Issue with Huawei laptop after running updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Huawei laptop after running updates: Hey! I bought a new laptop last week and after it ran windows updates and a BIOS update, it keeps giving me a blue screen and then restarts itself. The first day I used the laptop it had no issues. After the 14th of this month the problem started. Everytime, I uninstall the...
  4. I have many issues after an windows 10 quality update. :

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have many issues after an windows 10 quality update. :: Hi! My name is Razvan and I have a tablet named LingoTab Build v1.1.2 Trekstor SurfTab twin 10.1 and it have tablet options like screen rotate or tablet mode on or off.I was playing minecraft and when I go to windows update I saw a windows quality update. I updated and...
  5. I have many issues after an windows 10 quality update. :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have many issues after an windows 10 quality update. :: Hi! My name is Razvan and I have a tablet named Trekstor SurfTab twin 10.1 and it have tablet options like screen rotate or tablet mode on or off.I was playing minecraft and when I go to windows update I saw a windows quality update. I updated and restarted the tablet and...
  6. I have many issues after an windows 10 quality update. :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have many issues after an windows 10 quality update. :: Hi! My name is Razvan and I have a tablet named Trekstor SurfTab twin 10.1 and it have tablet options like screen rotate or tablet mode on or off.I was playing minecraft and when I go to windows update I saw a windows quality update. I updated and restarted the tablet and...
  7. Update KB5001330 is causing too many issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update KB5001330 is causing too many issues: Hi,The windows security roll up update KB 5001330 is causing too many FPS drops and crashes across a lot of games and softwares I have been using. I am unable to uninstall it using DISM and WUSA, and dism list packages says it is 'pending install' so neither does it install...
  8. Laptop with sleep issues after update 2004

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop with sleep issues after update 2004: Hi My laptop doesn't sleep after updating from 1903 factory default to version 2004. Before the update, the device was normal and going automatically to sleep when left idle for 10 minutes. No power setting was changed and Windows Update is always activated. I checked...
  9. Laptop with sleep issues after update 1903

Laptop with sleep issues after update 1903: Hi My laptop doesn't sleep after updating to version 1903. Before the update, the device was normal and going automatically to sleep when left idle for 10 minutes. No power setting was changed and Windows Update is always activated. I checked powercfg on cmd and it says USO...
  10. Laptop issues after update

Laptop issues after update: Hi im trying to sort this laptop for my gf. The Battery seems to have had issues since the update. Going from being fine, to now lasting very little time when not plugged in. It loses 3/4% per minute, then completely shuts down at 80%. You plug it back in and its on 0%,...