Windows 10: Many issues with Surface Book 2

Discus and support Many issues with Surface Book 2 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having many issues with my surface book 2 lately. Some of them are the following: 1. Random and continuous USB disconnect sound. 2.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Helenchg, May 1, 2019.

1. Helenchg Win User

Many issues with Surface Book 2

I have been having many issues with my surface book 2 lately. Some of them are the following:

1. Random and continuous USB disconnect sound.

2. Overheating during sleep mode (specially inside backpack).

3. Keyboard sometimes stop responding.

4. The search stops responding, cannot find my applications.

5. Bluescreen related to DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE.

I am not entirely sure what are causing these independent problems. I started Android development not long ago and it seems like issue [1] is happening more often now that I connect my Android phone. Issue [2] usually happens when I have a CAD software open while in sleep mode. Issue [3] happens randomly, not sure if it is related to detaching/attaching the display. Another random occurrence is issue [4], I just restarted my laptop to fix issue [3], but now I got [4] to deal with. Are these known issues or is it just me having all of them in the past few weeks?

:)

Helenchg, May 1, 2019
  2. g41851 Win User

Surface Book 2 trackpad ridiculously sensitive

I have a Surface Book 2 and the trackpad is ridiculously sensitive on it. A lot of people seem to be having this problem too as there are threads on the Microsoft community about it with no real answers.

Everything is up to date as far as Windows updates are concerned. I don't use an external mouse and I have the sensitivity of the trackpad set to low.

I'm wondering if anyone here experienced this issue and were able to solve it?

I have done all the diagnostic tests suggested by Microsoft, such as the Surface Diagnostic Test, and there are no problems with my computer.

g41851, May 1, 2019
  3. SURFACE BOOK 2 - IR FRONT CAMERA AND REAR CAMERA ISSUE

Click Start > Settings > Privacy > Camera

Toggle on Allow apps to access your Camera

Can you try the steps suggested in this thread for further throubleshooting?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/for...

Andre for Directly, May 1, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, May 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Many issues with Surface Book 2 - Similar Threads - Many issues Surface

2. Surface Book 2 Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2 Ethernet: Hi I have a Surface Book 2 and a Surface Dock, recently my ethernet LAN just disappear not sure why. I have tried rebooting, surface diagnostic, change lan cable and tested lan cable in other device in it worked fine. but not on my SB2. I checked that there is no driver...
  3. Surface Book 2 Wifi Issues

Surface Book 2 Wifi Issues: Windows 10 version: 10.0.18363.836 Wifi Driver version: Marvell Semiconductor, Inc 15.68.17017.115 Seems as though I am not the only one with this issue. But I cannot reliably connect or use my existing home's wifi 2.4Ghz band or the 5.0Ghz band at all. Super low/weak...
  4. surface book 2 persistent issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    surface book 2 persistent issues: I have been experiencing issues quite often with my Surface book 2 this past month and a half. The issues consist of crashing. rebooting and browser issues. Chrome has been giving me issues and cant do work without an issues, id rather use this PC than my school one. I kept...
  5. Surface Book 2 Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Book 2 Login: My buddy purchased his MS Surface Book2 a couple years ago. He always used facial recognition to log in. About a week ago, the facial recognition ceased to exist. He doesn't remember his Pin or Password. The hyperlink that says 'Forgot Pin' doesnt send me to another page...
  6. 1809 Update issues on Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1809 Update issues on Surface Book 2: Hi, I have a Surface Book 2. When 1809 was available I went through the download route and forced the update. Luckily, it seems, things worked well and I didn't face any of the bugs that were listed; however, later I started noticing that Start Screen had issues. Namely,...
  7. Surface Book 2

Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...
  8. instagram on surface book 2

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    instagram on surface book 2: While attempting to install Instagram on a new surface book 2 device, an error read that requirements were needed. Directx and more than 2 GB of ram were indicated as the need but the machine has 8GB and is on Directx v12. Do you have any advice on what we should do next?...
  9. Surface Book 2 overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book 2 overheating: Okay so I know the Surface Books have an issue with overheating. I absolutely LOVE my computer but obviously the overheating is an issue. Other posts talk about how its their screen that has the issue. I've even seen where the battery in the screen swoll up. My keyboard is...
  10. Cursor Issue with Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor Issue with Surface Book 2: I have recently bought Surface Book 2; a week ago. Now I am facing issues with cursor disappearing making me chase the cursor and at times freezing. It is really annoying. As I do not use the mouse. Can anybody help me to resolve this issue? if this problem persists for a few...