Windows 10: Many many Windows 10 problems

Discus and support Many many Windows 10 problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 being hands down the worst OS I've ever had the displeasure of using, with no signs of improving, it is giving me a plethora of different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Daniel_O, May 7, 2019.

1. Daniel_O Win User

Many many Windows 10 problems

Windows 10 being hands down the worst OS I've ever had the displeasure of using, with no signs of improving, it is giving me a plethora of different critical problems with never any indication of what the causes are (previous versions were much more stable, but when errors did occur, there was usually a sign pointing to a solution). I'd happily go back to Windows 7 but Microsoft are actively combating users doing that - they want everyone to be stuck with the horrendous 10.

Anyway, there are two main issues that I grapple with the most:

1. Windows starts about 1 out of every 10 times I reset the computer. 9 out of 10 times I get a fltmgr_sys blue screen about one second after sign-in and about one second after the desktop shows up. If I try "Automatic Repair" while booting, it gets stuck ad infinitum and I have to reset again. Safe Mode works, but it doesn't really help me. All drivers are up to date (and the same error happens if I disable drivers) and I've scanned the disk drives with no errors found (Windows is installed on a M.2 SSD). The things is, SOMETIMES startup works, and then I use my computer for days in a row, throwing every possible workload at it with fltmgr never bothering me again. This tells me that all my hardware is fine. But then the next time I reboot it's a roulette again. I'll spend half an hour, praying to the god of randomness for that one time the crash might not happen after sign-in. I even tried re-installing Windows.

2. Windows doesn't want certain files (I think executables, and a bunch of other kinds) to be written to any drive other than my boot drive. This gives me Access-Denied-flavored errors when I download applications, run installers/unpackers, etc. I have full administrator access to all the drives. I check my (Admin) access settings. I check the folder settings. Nothing seems out of place. It happens with every drive I try (HDD, SSD, old and brand new, I must have tried 7-8 different ones), they are not write-protected or faulty. I don't have any sort of anti-virus/malware software enabled when I'm doing this, so it is definitely Windows doing it. I've rummaged through the registry following different online "solutions" to no avail.

I won't bother listing the many other issues that Windows 10 has - I'd be content just to get solutions to these two.

:)

Daniel_O, May 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 7, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 7, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Many many Windows 10 problems - Similar Threads - Many many problems

2. Many problems with windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Many problems with windows 10: Hello I used to use windows 7 but now I am using 10I have recently installed There are many problems 1- right click + cut file the file after cutting is still there unless I restart or close the destination folder then I open next time. 2- Working on Microsoft word Control +...
  3. Many problems with windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Many problems with windows 10: Hello I used to use windows 7 but now I am using 10I have recently installed There are many problems 1- right click + cut file the file after cutting is still there unless I restart or close the destination folder then I open next time. 2- Working on Microsoft word Control +...
  4. Many problems with windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. many Microsoft problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    many Microsoft problems: Dell Alien DesktopMicrosoft Store can not load, widgets unavailable, sticky notes can not synchronized, most of pictures in email can not show in outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/many-microsoft-problems/bf0187d3-b412-4034-a5f8-0d02956443e8
  6. I've been having many MANY problems.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I've been having many MANY problems.: In august, I had gotten a new laptop, the ASUS TUF GAMING A15, its runs fast and looks good! but since i got it I have been having many many problems with it constantly blue screening and freezing, it started in nov when I had gotten A DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error, i didn't...
  7. Many many many blue screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Many many many blue screen: First, i'm srory for my bad english because I'm french ;) So that's happening more and more since thursday and it's usually when I play a Windows Store game. And it make that too on the other games... It close many apps too, when i'm playing, t's closing and i have to reload...
  8. windows 10 many problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 many problems: i am having issues with my Pro 2004 build 10041.508 Many programs that need to be logged in are always logged out after a reboot. I noticed this for instance with Onedrive but also with a tool like boxcrypter. Anyone who knows what might be going on?...
  9. Many problems with PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Many problems with PC: Hello, Lately, i have been having a whole bunch of problems with my PC. The problems started when i installed the June Cumulative update for Windows 10 1803. When the update was installing, my PC blue screened and although it booted back up, it was performing significantly...
  10. So many problems

in Windows 10 Support
    So many problems: I've had nothing but issues with my laptop since upgrading. 1) minor but annoying thing my right click on my keypad also mouse cause the screen to go temporarily black and then it shuts down what ever you were right clicking on. 2) I can't install any new software it...