Windows 10: Many of My Desktop Icons Moved to OneDrive

Discus and support Many of My Desktop Icons Moved to OneDrive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I opened Windows this morning and found most of my desktop icons unopenable when left-clicked. Right- clicking activated a mysterious droplist. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StephenPlunkett, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Many of My Desktop Icons Moved to OneDrive

I opened Windows this morning and found most of my desktop icons unopenable when left-clicked. Right- clicking activated a mysterious droplist. I may "share a Onedrive link" or use "other Onedrive sharing options" as well, "view online," "always keep on this device," "free up space," "always keep on this device," "free up space," "open file location," "render open GL in" and "restore pevious versions." The last fails to recognize my File History, but this isn't surprising as my computer isn't recognizing my main external drive. (quite conceivably an unrelated matter.) They all are somewhere in my Onedrive, which has filled up from about 2% to 92% in the past few days. I certainly didn't put them there. I have done two clean re-installs recently. My sound system wasn't working. (That was all that addressed my sound problem, even by Microsoft Support.) I think this Desktop/One Drive problem predates them a little. I also added an additional hard drive to my computer, somewhat prior to this problem.

Please don't tell me a neglected virus destroyed my system! I've never heard of such a thing before!

:)

StephenPlunkett, Nov 9, 2018
  2. qubit Win User

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink Many of My Desktop Icons Moved to OneDrive ;)

qubit, Nov 9, 2018
  3. OneDrive Icon

Thank you for your response. To move the OneDrive icon, you can follow the steps below:

• Click Start button, then select Settings.
    • Go to Personalization.
    • On Perosonalization, click Taskbar.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Turn off Microsoft OneDrive.
    We will wait for the outcome.

Marielle Cas, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Many of My Desktop Icons Moved to OneDrive

Freely moving desktop icons in windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the blank space on desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Uncheck Align icons to grid.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any other assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Many of My Desktop Icons Moved to OneDrive

1. Many of My Desktop Icons Moved to OneDrive - Similar Threads - Many Desktop Icons

2. Icons keep moving in my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons keep moving in my desktop: Hello everyone!I have Windows 11, the 'auto-arrange' option is unchecked, but every time I drop a new archive onto my desktop, all the other icons shift one place, as if the new one dropped wants to reach the first position on the left, but it doesn't, and is placed where I...
  3. Many Desktop Icons on PC are Being Overwritten by OneDrive Desktop Synch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Many Desktop Icons on PC are Being Overwritten by OneDrive Desktop Synch: I didn't see a OneDrive section, so will add it here. I just got back from a week vacation and this morning I noticed a lot of my desktop icons are no longer showing the proper icon jpg, txt, doc, pdf, etc and instead are showing a mini white preview which makes it a lot more...
  4. Many Desktop Icons on PC are Being Overwritten by OneDrive Desktop Synch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Many Desktop Icons on PC are Being Overwritten by OneDrive Desktop Synch: I didn't see a OneDrive section, so will add it here. I just got back from a week vacation and this morning I noticed a lot of my desktop icons are no longer showing the proper icon jpg, txt, doc, pdf, etc and instead are showing a mini white preview which makes it a lot more...
  5. Many Desktop Icons on PC are Being Overwritten by OneDrive Desktop Synch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Icons moving on desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons moving on desktop.: Hello, few days ago I started having problems with icons on Desktop. They are moving to secondary monitor when i turn monitors into extended mode, half stay on main monitor and second half is going to other monitor. When I switch to one monitor only they get back to thier...
  7. Desktop Icons Moving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons Moving: Every time I restart my computer, half of my desktop icons move over to my second monitor. I cannot figure out why. I've googled solutions which don't work. Both of my monitors are set to their recommended resolutions, auto arrange icons is off, and align icons to grid is on....
  8. Desktop Icons Moving

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Moving: I have files and shortcuts that run down the left side and across the top of my screen that I keep for easy access. Whenever I save a new file to the desktop it goes to the upper left corner and moves things. I've done the usual uncheck auto arrange and align to grid checks,...
  9. Moving icons to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving icons to desktop: I have been trying to move an icon from my start menu to my desktop for the last hour. I have tried every method offered to me. The problem seems that the icon itself does not have any way for me to move it to the desktop. I have tried to use right hand button, etc, I...
  10. moving desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    moving desktop icons: Ever since the latest update my desktop icons are difficult to keep in place. I do not have auto arrange or align to grid checked. When I move icons where I want them they often snap to another position at random. I have all my desktop icons positioned around the perimeter of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all my icons moved to one drive