Windows 10: Many of my folders/files became inaccessible, I'm not permitted

Discus and support Many of my folders/files became inaccessible, I'm not permitted in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Take for instance this image file. When trying to open it I get this: Code: "It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by drpeppercan, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Many of my folders/files became inaccessible, I'm not permitted

Take for instance this image file. When trying to open it I get this:
    Code: "It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again."[/quote] Then I go to the Properties, Security tab, Advanced, Permissions:
    Code: "You must have Read permissions to view the properties of this object. Click Continue to attempt the operation with administrative permissions."[/quote] Then I click Continue:
    Code: "You do not have permission to view this object's security properties, even as an administrative user. To try taking ownership of the object, which includes permission to view its properties, click Change above." [/quote] So I click in "Change", then in the next window, under "Enter the object name to select:", I enter the email address I am using to login to this pc, and hit the "Check Names" button, and the OK button. I try to open that file again, to no avail. It is still telling me that I don't have the permissions to see it.
    I know this has to do with recent Windows 10 updates, because these are files I have had for over 10 years now, and I never had a problem backing them up. Until now, all of a sudden they are not my files. Go figure!
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance guys

:)

drpeppercan, Oct 7, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Frogger Win User
    ?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Many of my folders/files became inaccessible, I'm not permitted :)

Frogger, Oct 7, 2018
  4. WojtasRed Win User

Many of my folders/files became inaccessible, I'm not permitted

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Many of my folders/files became inaccessible, I'm not permitted

1. Many of my folders/files became inaccessible, I'm not permitted - Similar Threads - Many folders files

2. How many e-mail accounts are permitted in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How many e-mail accounts are permitted in Windows 11?: I already have 3 different e-mail accounts set up in Windows, but can't seem to add a 4th.. Is there a limit of 3? When I click on "add account" I get a Blue Icon that doesn't seem to do do anything...
  3. Many security events telling svchost.exe has permitted connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Many security events telling svchost.exe has permitted connection: I'm a Windows 11 user. In my computer, within 2 days I have got a lot of security events from "Filtering platform connection" source telling about a connection was permitted by svchost.exe. What is this? What do those mean? Why are these coming only now? Please help....
  4. Downloads folder became my Harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads folder became my Harddrive: I accidentally made my downloads folder y hard drive. I'm just trying to put the default location of my downloads and documents but i made downloads my hard drive. how to I bring it back and fix it. this is how my regedit looks like. please help...
  5. Files on shared folder became inaccessible

Files on shared folder became inaccessible: Hello All, Good day! I need a help in troubleshooting the issue where we are experiencing inaccessibility and unresponsiveness of files from shared folder. It was working fine till last day. Suddenly whenever we try to access the file e.g. excel it just takes forever. We...
  6. ONE (of three) shares became inaccessible

ONE (of three) shares became inaccessible: Four in LAN, all are (and have been) at ver 2004. Three are shared, and have been accessible immediately upon demand (no prompts). They still are listed in Explorer. All firewalls still OFF for local. Windows now prompts for password upon attempt to access ONE shared...
  7. Renaming folders makes files inaccessible

Renaming folders makes files inaccessible: I can create and rename files and folders, but whenever I change a folder name, any files within that folder become inaccessible. I get an error message that implies the computer is still looking for the file within the previous name of the folder. For example, if I had...
  8. Inaccessible files

Inaccessible files: After updating to W10 I get these designations on certain files. Need instructions to get the permissions changed [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inaccessible-files/3aa6f551-3a42-4619-9141-3a08f4228df0
  9. My photos folder became a copy of document folder

My photos folder became a copy of document folder: Im having problem exactly like in this post but unfortunatly the answer does not solve my problem. Another clue is that under users/myname/ there is no picture folder anymore The picture folder pointing to the document folder under users/myname/documents but moving the...
  10. Shared Folder Inaccessible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shared Folder Inaccessible: My office LAN is on a Windows 7 PC. It's a small LAN, with just one main PC and five other PCs accessing the main shared folder. All my colleagues are able to access the shared folders. They have Windows 7. However, I am running Windows 10, and in the last fortnight, suddenly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. domain folder in mule became in accessable

2. user folde from my ssd hard drive is unreachable

3. windows 10 some files became inaccessible

4. You do not have permission to view this objects security properties even as an administrative user.To try taking ownership of the object which includes permission to view its properties click Change above.