Windows 10: many program "not responding" errors since 2004 update Windows 10

Discus and support many program "not responding" errors since 2004 update Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I didn't apply the May 2020 update (version 2004) until yesterday, and have had a LOT of programs "not responding" and a few "restartings" that took... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MikeyChris, Jun 28, 2020.

1. many program "not responding" errors since 2004 update Windows 10

I didn't apply the May 2020 update (version 2004) until yesterday, and have had a LOT of programs "not responding" and a few "restartings" that took many minutes. This morning all was well, and then I tried to open EDGE, and I got the turning circle. After that, I couldn't do much. I was allowed to open some folders, but not start any software (i.e. nothing happened when I clicked on them) and all the while, I was getting the spinning circle in the Edge window. After I finally forced a reboot, things worked OK for several hours. I just tried to open Edge again, and had to reboot again. I know it sounds like an Edge issue, but there have been more problems. Last night, I couldn't even force a restart, I ended up turning off power. I thought I hade traced it to ACRONIS because it was doing a file back up, but today I have disabled all back ups, and still having issues from time to time.

My Win 10 Pro 64 bit Version is 2004, build 19041.329. Lenovo m710 desktop, 16 GB RAM 512GB SSD a few USB drives & a hybrid internal data drive. Sometimes (like right now) everything is working great. Then I'll try to open a program and I get the circle, or I'll try to close a program, and get the circle. I read online to disable SYSMAIN service and indexing, and did that. Still have issues.
    Before all this happened, I would occasionally get the spinning circle when right clicking to bring up the context menu, and occasionally a program would hang when I closed it ("not responding") and I would use Task Manager to close it. I run Malwarebyte & Win Defender and no malware is detected. TIA!

:)

MikeyChris, Jun 28, 2020

2. 2004 update windows 10 error 0x80070002

Step 7, in folder from which you executed.

many program "not responding" errors since 2004 update Windows 10 [​IMG]

Caledon Ken, Jun 28, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond many program "not responding" errors since 2004 update Windows 10 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 28, 2020
  4. many program "not responding" errors since 2004 update Windows 10

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

many program "not responding" errors since 2004 update Windows 10

1. many program "not responding" errors since 2004 update Windows 10 - Similar Threads - many program responding

2. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not updated since 2004: Hi, My Windows has not been updated since version 2004, which will soon lose support. Every time I try to update the first parts work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. Is there...
  3. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not updated since 2004: Hi, My Windows has not been updated since version 2004, which will soon lose support. Every time I try to update the first parts work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. Is there...
  4. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows not updated since 2004

Windows not updated since 2004: My Windows has not been updated since version 2004 Every time I try to update, the first phases work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. I did the SFC and DISM commands. All my...
  6. Many programs not responding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Many programs not responding: I turned on my computer this morning, and since, it has been running extremley slowly, programs closing for no reason. for example sevral programs even like notepad or device manager, it comes up with not responding and have to close it with task manager. i ran the SFC log...
  7. Windows 10 major issues since 2004 update

Windows 10 major issues since 2004 update: We have two Lenovo P310s and an AIO that were upgraded to windows 10 2004 in June/July 2020. Since upgrading, no windows app or the store opens and general performance is slow on all machines, login times are generally 3-5mins. Steps taken to resolve: wsreset.exe all...
  8. Programs not responding - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not responding - Windows 10: It started in the summer of 2020 after a large Windows update. Things work fine for a day or so and then everything starts freezing at every mouse click not responding. If sign out and reboot. the computer runs fine for another day or so. I disconnect from the Wifi each time...
  9. Update Errors since Windows 10 version 2004

Update Errors since Windows 10 version 2004: On June 13, 2020, my desktop computer updated to Windows 10 version 2004. Other than the widely reported ESSENT warnings flooding the event log, I have two persistent update failures. Here's the first one: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following...
  10. Windows 10 "program not responding"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 "program not responding": Hey, I recently reinstalled Windows but it was fine for a bit then I got some programs then my PC started to Slow down. Then I keep getting this Error message "Program isn't responding" I changed settings to up performance like msconfig settings to Timeout time to 10 from...