Windows 10: Many programs installing??

Discus and support Many programs installing?? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After windows 10 downloaded, I was able to use it for a few minutes with no problems. Testing my older programs to see which ones would work. But after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ron76247624, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Many programs installing??

After windows 10 downloaded, I was able to use it for a few minutes with no problems. Testing my older programs to see which ones would work. But after only an hour or so I started to have multiple programs download and install themselves. I have spent the last five or six hours uninstalling programs that continuously reinstall themselves. I'm not sure that I will be able to use windows 10. Defender is active but the on off switch is greed out. Luckily to on.
    Any suggestions?

:)

ron76247624, Aug 9, 2015

2. Restriction blocking many program

Thanks for the reply! I tried to run service.msc but it kept giving me an error saying Windows couldn't find it but I just went ahead into the local services. I started up Windows Installer and made sure that was running but it doesn't seem to make a difference.
    As for your other question, I don't think I have any games that weren't from the Steam and Origin stores. And I am not sure if it is specifically giving me trouble for Steam and Origin because that's really the only things I do on my computer other than some
    side programs (that have never given me any trouble before). I am left to believe AVG did something and messed with the settings (obviously). Also another weird thing I have noticed is that some games will run if I go directly to the folder and run their exe
    as administrator. I know you aren't Steam support but maybe this proves that something isn't giving permission for programs (Steam, Origin) to have certain privileges?

CodyGordon, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Restriction blocking many program

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

1. Which website are you using to download games?

2. Is the issue specific to Steam and Origin?

I suggest you to check if Windows installer service is running. To do that follow the Steps below.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type service.msc and hit Enter.

3. Look for Windows Installer Service and check if the service is running.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Many programs installing??

What are the exact names of these programes? What do other people do, who have the same problem with these programes?

Joergi, Aug 9, 2015
  5. it is ransomware. There are several, I think at least 5 that are tied together, but cannot name them at this point. As soon as I boot up, I get window after window flickering on my screen with a phone number to call for help.
    sigh
    I will change my keyboard to a usb windows keyboard so I can capture screens on this Omni 10 tablet and reply with names of programs. I have a Win 7 computer that is fine, and I've never really had anything like this before. I am Windows savvy to a point and will get to the bottom of this, but for now, I have to keep my Omni 10 turned off. I mean programs start and stop with a flickering like a light show.
    In settings, I delete the offenders but they come right back.
    I was in class all day for a new job I'm starting (today) and will mess with the tablet when I have a chance.
    Thanks for your reply!
    Ron

ron76247624, Aug 10, 2015
  6. For those interested-
    I have restored my tablet to 8.1. I found out the a program by the name of crossbrowser was installed - and that caused all of the havoc. I googled it and found it is a problem for many folks, easily wiped per the article, but my tablet wouldn't let me do anything. Period. At all. So I'm updating 8.1 so I can move back up to windows 10 on that tablet.
    Sadly, I discovered that the one program that I needed to work on Windows 10 - Microsoft Money 2006 - would not run in Windows 10 so I'll keep my main computer set up with Win 7 Professional for now. Maybe I can find a solution and get it to run in 10, but that's a different day's work.
    I am glad that my Omni 10 did have my original configuration saved and I was able to restore. I may have to jump through a few hoops to get Microsoft Office back, but a phone call should do it. Regardless, I have to buy an annual family subscription anyway, so maybe I won't need the free one for my tablet. I just retired from a job with a corporation and all of my Office programs were free from that corp, but since I retired Friday, those will be cut off soon.

ron76247624, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Many programs installing??

1. Many programs installing?? - Similar Threads - Many programs installing

2. Font looks pixelated in many programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font looks pixelated in many programs: Here's an example of the pixelated font Shotcut Another example VirtualBoxAnother example Windows taskbarIs there a way to fix this? The font I saw on other people's programs isn't like this.I've tried ClearType before, and it didn't work....
  3. Many programs not launching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Many programs not launching: I am not totally sure where else to post this because I just can't seem to find a fix. I have been having this issue for the past month where many programs have been giving me error codes and telling me to reboot my computer in order to launch them. Programs like Gforce...
  4. Gaming on windows with many programes installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming on windows with many programes installed: Hello, does installing Microsoft office and Adobe photoshop affect FPS and gaming performance or is it a myth?. of course I don't feel the difference at all using the PC out of gaming but in gaming I don't know if there is a difference.. Should I delete those to squeeze some...
  5. Many programs not responding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Many programs not responding: I turned on my computer this morning, and since, it has been running extremley slowly, programs closing for no reason. for example sevral programs even like notepad or device manager, it comes up with not responding and have to close it with task manager. i ran the SFC log...
  6. Many programs stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Many programs stopped working: After restarting my PC yesterday many of programs stopped working Powershell: [ATTACH] Internal Windows PowerShell error. Loading managed Windows PowerShell failed with error 80090017. Windows Update [ATTACH] 0x80004003 SFC /scannow [ATTACH] Windows Resource...
  7. Many svchost.exe programs running

Many svchost.exe programs running: I've noticed a bunch of svchost.exe programs running at once, is this normal[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/many-svchostexe-programs-running/e5e91d59-f1a6-4321-8c74-8aa73150a472
  8. Unable to open many programs

Unable to open many programs: For about the last 2 or so weeks, my ability to open programs has decrease. After scanning for bugs and malware with nothing found I tried 3 things recommended online 1. I disabled Windows Firewall and Anti-virus 2. Updated registry for .exe and exefile to "1%"% (typing...
  9. "too many 16-bit programs"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "too many 16-bit programs": I just got this error message, and I do understand the instruction, but I thought that 16 bit programs were not allowed to run in Windows 10. I'm running Pro 64. Retrospect is a backup program that isn't cheap but it's way better than "backup" or "imaging" programs that just...
  10. Problem running many program

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem running many program: Hello guys, I have problem with windows 10, I want running 100 programs at one time but my windows only run 30 programs, is there any limitation at windows 10? Please help me,I dont know what to do now, your help very appreciate, thank you. 104864