Windows 10: Many Separate Accounts

Discus and support Many Separate Accounts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have four accounts now with Microsoft due to the exaggerated and entirely useless security features of the 'forgot password' dialogue (it literally... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by johnjam23, Feb 2, 2019.

1. johnjam23 Win User

Many Separate Accounts

I have four accounts now with Microsoft due to the exaggerated and entirely useless security features of the 'forgot password' dialogue (it literally asks you for your password, then for information that it doesn't actually want, no matter how much you enter it returns: 'not enough information to recover your password')

The first account: I made this for access to my Xbox, seeing no other use at the time for a Microsoft account, I created an account under a brand new @outlook(?) email. I thought it would persist in my machine but after investing hours into my Skyrim character, I was suddenly asked for a password which I had, by that time, forgotten. The 'reset password' feature asked for all the previous passwords I could remember (read, only password ever used). I was unable to recover this password because I didn't already know it.

Two more accounts: These are under my main two emails, gmail and cox.net. The prior I use regularly and the latter is so full of junk and spam that I only check it when absolutely necessary. The Microsoft account linked to gmail is lost in the void, but the one with cox has been uncovered by a perilous expedition into my mind palace for the password.

The fourth is linked to a phone number because when I purchased a new laptop it gave me the option of creating an account under a phone number (which I opted for because I had no access to my accounts yet), without mentioning that it would then ask for a NEW email once the account was created (it says 'enter email... sorry that email is already taken' which is true, it's taken by me).

THIS IS A PROBLEM, since I want to have one unified account now (I see no way around logging into Microsoft-Something at every turn, might as well be consistent). How do I unify my life?

TLDR; How do I link my phone number account to my gmail account (who's password I do not have)?

:)

johnjam23, Feb 2, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Many Separate Accounts

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Many Separate Accounts

1. Many Separate Accounts - Similar Threads - Many Separate Accounts

2. Logging troubles into a separate account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logging troubles into a separate account: I can't sign into my account, and it keeps logging me into my work account. I have changed my password over 5 times, trying to log in when it asks me to enter a new password....
  3. Logging troubles into a separate account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging troubles into a separate account: I can't sign into my account, and it keeps logging me into my work account. I have changed my password over 5 times, trying to log in when it asks me to enter a new password....
  4. separating my email accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    separating my email accounts: my Gmail account is combined with my Microsoft account they are both listed as Microsoft. How can I separate them from each other again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/separating-my-email-accounts/990e6ec0-c688-4082-a504-45d4cb8f5439
  5. Tried to separate an account that we've had for many years & not lose identity or gaming...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Tried to separate an account that we've had for many years & not lose identity or gaming...: Last weekend I tried to separate my long term account to go just to my son. I didn't mind starting my own account, didn't use most of it anyway, I couldn't delete his account completely and right then. so I gave a new email address to his forever account and figured after 30...
  6. trying to separate accounts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    trying to separate accounts: So, I am trying to create a second user account on my computer so I can have different settings and generally have a few things separated out, and just avoid cluttering up my personal and programming (currently only a hobbyist programmer, so not that good, probably why I am...
  7. separating emails and accounts

separating emails and accounts: I just got finally got my laptop all set up with Windows 10, "under duress" by the way because I actually have no issues with Windows 7, and it seems there's constant issues so far with this OS. Regardless, I am having a major issue that I need fixed. Upon setting up this...
  8. Separating Accounts On The Same Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Separating Accounts On The Same Computer: So I have a desktop and I'm trying to set it up for both me and my mom to use it so I created her a local account. The problem that I'm having is every time I install a program or change a setting or add a file it automatically does the same on her account. So how do I...
  9. Separate user accounts

Separate user accounts: Why set up separate user accounts? I was expecting that each user could have different program icons on their home screen to simplify their use of the PC, but all icons are the same on screens and task bars. Also, is there a way to hide or turn off the brightly colored...
  10. Separate microsoft accounts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Separate microsoft accounts?: I run a desktop pc and two laptops. Each has a legal, registered copy of windows 10. Do I need a separate Microsoft account for each machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/separate-microsoft-accounts/3c4ec76b-4a44-44db-b55d-cf5e10258b93"