Windows 10: Many service control Manager serious errors

Discus and support Many service control Manager serious errors in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My windows 10 home 1803 has been sluggish in responding lately and the event viewer shows several red exclamation errors. The source of almost all is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Curious, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Curious Win User

Many service control Manager serious errors

My windows 10 home 1803 has been sluggish in responding lately and the event viewer shows several red exclamation errors. The source of almost all is the "service control Manager",
    • The Downloaded Maps Manager service hung on starting.
    • The Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0 service failed to start due to the following error:
      A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0 service to connect. (I checked in services.msc and it is set to "manual" start)
    • The Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0 service failed to start due to the following error:
      The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
    • The NetTcpActivator service depends on the WAS service which failed to start because of the following error:
      The system cannot find the file specified.
    • The NetMsmqActivator service depends on the WAS service which failed to start because of the following error:
    • The NetPipeActivator service depends on the WAS service which failed to start because of the following error:
    • The W3SVC service depends on the WAS service which failed to start because of the following error:

and
    • From "DistributedCOM":
      The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
      {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
      and APPID
      {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
      to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

How do I fix this mess?
      Thank you

:)

Curious, Jul 16, 2018

2. Unable to Connect to Logical Disk Manager Service Error in Computer Management

WELL, I'll be an "S.O.B."! I got it... lol, just now!

Apparently, & I am going to record this & BOOKMARK/FAV it in my webbrowsers as "HOW TO FIX LOGICAL DISK MANAGER HASSLES" (lol), it is SOMETHING in my services!

You need THIS list of them running (provided you have them online that is, some OS won't have SOME of these (this is Windows Server 2003) & some are 3rd party & won't matter):

Many service control Manager serious errors SERVICESNEEDEDFORLOGICALDISKMGT2SERVICES.jpg

* NO SAFE MODE REQUIRED - THIS FIXED IT, PURELY SERVICES RELATED... oddly, no "dependencies" other than the ones the services need (RPC & Plug n Play) are listed in the 2 services for Logical Disk Management... it's like MS missed (somehow) the fact that there IS other dependencies on other services than what they list!

That list above is PROBABLY "overkill" & it is only a fraction of that list above, but the point is there... with ALL of those active? Logical Disk Manager "gets its act together" again & works!

APK

P.S.=> BRB, with screenshot of services & their startup status needed for this to work, in case anyone else hits this... it is a real you-know-what if you can't get to a disk to format it, lol... so, recording it for everyone's sake! apk

Alec§taar, Jul 16, 2018
  3. The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

Hi Eric,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might be occurred due to corrupted Windows services and updates.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• In which account are you facing this issue?
    • Are you connected to Domain?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    You may login to other account and check if the RegEdit works.

I suggest you to modify the registry to increase the default time-out value for the service control manager. To increase this value to 60 seconds, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + R, type regedit, and hit
      enter.
    • Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
    • In the right pane, locate the ServicesPipeTimeout entry.
    Note: If the Services PipeTimeout entry does not exist, you must create it. To do this, follow these steps:

• On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click
      DWORD Value.

• Type ServicesPipeTimeout, and then press ENTER.
    • Right-click Services PipeTimeout, and then click Modify.
    • Click Decimal, type 60000, and then click OK.
    • This value represents the time in milliseconds before a service times out.
    • Restart the computer.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Note: Install all the pending updates logging into Microsoft account and check.

I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps you regarding this issue.

Refer: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Many service control Manager serious errors

Unable to Connect to Logical Disk Manager Service Error in Computer Management

EDIT: I also edited dcomcnfg properties to allow EXPLICIT access for the services involved with MY USERNAME, though it is part of a legit Admin group, I added it explicity... don't know if this had ANYTHING to do w/ it, but am adding it for reference here!

I got it, & the disk is formatting as I speak... listed as 100% @ this point now.

(Yes, it is rather "funny", but it helps me record steps & "think out" what the problem MIGHT be)...

* It was REALLY 'ticking me off', because I got SUCH a good deal (imo @ least) for this 250gb drive ($65 U.S. Dollars) I was rather upset I could not even format it because of this service NOT running as it should have... now, I know the way of it to get it working & so does everyone else (or, @ least this much of how to get it running again).

APK

P.S.=> Hopefully, this list will be useful to anyone else that hits a "snag" using diskmgmt.msc & finds it cannot connect... apk

Alec§taar, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Many service control Manager serious errors

1. Many service control Manager serious errors - Similar Threads - Many service control

2. Service Control Manager error id 7040

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Control Manager error id 7040: My HP Envy x360 13-ay00045, having windows 11 OS is regularly throwing an error in the form of white box on the upper left side of the screen; it is half seen and half bleed to the corners of the screen. When investigated in the events log under system there is an event...
  3. Service Control Manager error id 7040

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Control Manager error id 7040: My HP Envy x360 13-ay00045, having windows 11 OS is regularly throwing an error in the form of white box on the upper left side of the screen; it is half seen and half bleed to the corners of the screen. When investigated in the events log under system there is an event...
  4. Service Control manager 4007

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Control manager 4007: PC: 108500K stock 4800mhz 2x16GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000 XMP Aorus Z490 Pro Ax Rtx Gigabyte 3090 Gaming OC stock Seasonic Tx-850 Prime Titanium Windows 10 up to date newest drivers Hey guys again. . I have a question. I left for 2 hours Quake 2 with RTX settings on 1440P. No...
  5. Service control manager error 7009

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service control manager error 7009: Hi all, i have problems with win10 about a few days... I get a blue screen with a whea_uncorrectable_error, i see the events logs and see a Service control manager error 7009, so i create a new record "ServicesPipeTimeout" with 12000 miliseconds and restar the pc, but the...
  6. error on sql server and service control manager

error on sql server and service control manager: I installed Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio on an extern HDD. I used SSMS and i forgot to close it before detach the HDD. Now i can't start sql server anymore. there is a 7031 error in system but i don't know how to fix it without creating any other problems....
  7. Service Control Manager

Service Control Manager: Since I updated from 1803 to 1909 which took me until this week to finally get it updated because auto update failed all the time, now I get - A timeout was reached 60000 milliseconds while waiting for the IntelR SUR QC Software Asset Manager service to connect. I've...
  8. Error: Service Control Manager 7001

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error: Service Control Manager 7001: My PC will freeze - even stuttering sound if it's playing - until I hard restart. Sometimes it's 0 times per day, sometimes several. But it's persisted for months. The error is: The AGSService service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find...
  9. Many serious windows errors [WINDOWS10]

Many serious windows errors [WINDOWS10]: Hello, I recently bought a game, but unfortunately it doesn't work properly. So I called technical support, they couldn't fix the problem but they told me that I had many serious mistakes. Here are the errors in questions: - APPCRASH / APPHANG - RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 /...
  10. Service Control Manager Error 7024

in Windows 10 Support
    Service Control Manager Error 7024: Hoping you guys can help me please. I have searched high and low and can't find a fix for this problem. The description for Event ID 7024 from source Service Control Manager cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot