Windows 10: Many svchost.exe programs running

Discus and support Many svchost.exe programs running in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've noticed a bunch of svchost.exe programs running at once, is this normal[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 25kU, Aug 14, 2020.

1. 25kU Win User

Many svchost.exe programs running

I've noticed a bunch of svchost.exe programs running at once, is this normal Many svchost.exe programs running c787e4fa-71e4-4375-b505-e552e87a4051?upload=true.png

:)

2. Wile E Win User

RAM Died: svchost error

svchost is part of the OS, it just interacts with other aspects.

Wile E, Aug 14, 2020
  3. ex_reven Win User
    RAM Died: svchost error

Isnt svchost a service related to programs tho, and not the OS itself?
    Like for example, there are multiple svchosts at any one time for multiple programs.

Though i suppose that still suggests the OS is buggered at the core.

ex_reven, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Many svchost.exe programs running

What does the svchost do?

Lots of Windows services are tied to the SVChost, and /or are listed as SVChost in the process list(s).

Unfortunatley with Vista, there's a lot more dependencies between the services, and thus you'll be FORCED to run more instances of SVChosts; unlike XP where things were more independent and you could disable more features resulting in less SVChost instances. That and XP and Vista are different.

Regardless of your Windows version, you can check out some service slimming guides or goto Black Viper's website and take his advice. Depending on your needs you may be able to cut down the amount of SVChost running, and save some RAM.

XP should never have an SVChost using 50mb. Vista however can.

newconroer, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Many svchost.exe programs running

1. Many svchost.exe programs running - Similar Threads - Many svchost exe

2. "This Program Cannot be Run in DOS Mode" NOT a Windows exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This Program Cannot be Run in DOS Mode" NOT a Windows exe: I'm trying to run Rise of the Robots and many other DOS games using DOSBox for the first time in a long time, but it keeps telling me "This Program Cannot be Run in DOS Mode" why?! What's pissing me off is that I was able to run them before but now for some reason I...
  3. "This Program Cannot be Run in DOS Mode" NOT a Windows exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This Program Cannot be Run in DOS Mode" NOT a Windows exe: I'm trying to run Rise of the Robots and many other DOS games using DOSBox for the first time in a long time, but it keeps telling me "This Program Cannot be Run in DOS Mode" why?! What's pissing me off is that I was able to run them before but now for some reason I...
  4. Exe default program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exe default program: Hello, I somehow changed exe's default program. I tried to reset all extension to default but it still asks for a program to open an exe file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-default-program/1eb10ee0-04bd-4a27-992a-74a9c9e8b5c3
  5. Exe default program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exe default program: Hello, I somehow changed exe's default program. I tried to reset all extension to default but it still asks for a program to open an exe file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-default-program/1eb10ee0-04bd-4a27-992a-74a9c9e8b5c3
  6. Can't run many programs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run many programs on Windows 10: Every time I try to run several programs on Windows 10 for example 'Winamp', 'Steam', 'Origin', 'Battle.net', 'Ubisoft Game Launcher', and more they don't launch with an error message 'This app can't run on your PC', which did not happen in the past. Is there any way to fix...
  7. High Ram usage and too many Svchost process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Ram usage and too many Svchost process: My Pc was running Slow so i checked all applications from task manager and i found around 92 svchost processes and RAM usage above 80% and no apps were using the RAM. Please tell me a solution of this problem.[ATTACH]...
  8. Loading an External EXE into Memory and Calling/Running the EXE from Memory as Many Times...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loading an External EXE into Memory and Calling/Running the EXE from Memory as Many Times...: A very good day to you All, I hope you are doing Very Well, Please kindly see the attached code for a C# Program This C# Program will Load an External EXE Program into Memory This C# Program will then do a Function Call to Run that EXE Program that sits in Memory The...
  9. Problem running many program

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem running many program: Hello guys, I have problem with windows 10, I want running 100 programs at one time but my windows only run 30 programs, is there any limitation at windows 10? Please help me,I dont know what to do now, your help very appreciate, thank you. 104864
  10. svchost Running under User Name

in Windows 10 Support
    svchost Running under User Name: Hi, Almost everywhere it says if svchost is running under the PC's name or the user logon name then there's a problem, possibly malware. But now I just read this: Beginning with Windows 10, an instance will start under the user context at logon (with command line...