Windows 10: Many TCP connections under my System Idle Process

Discus and support Many TCP connections under my System Idle Process in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was recently hacked by a clever Discord scam with a fraudulent itch.io game, they logged some of my emails and passwords most of which were useless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dakota Doty, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Many TCP connections under my System Idle Process

I was recently hacked by a clever Discord scam with a fraudulent itch.io game, they logged some of my emails and passwords most of which were useless through the fraudulent program, which then allowed them to get access to my Discord accounts and immediately ban them from there. I'm worried that a malware perhaps not even from this persisted through a PC reset, and I'm wondering if someone still has access to my PC that they shouldn't have. I have some questions:1. Should I do a full reboot from BIOS?2. Are a bunch of TCP addresses normal when I see them in Process Explorer under System Id

:)

Dakota Doty, Feb 12, 2024
  2. 林果皞 Win User

wired TCP/IP communication under system idle process

It's most likely a false positive, according to http://support.eset.com/alert5879/?viewlocale=en_US, you should update to virus signature database version 13103 or later. OR submit false positive report to ESET lab.

[Regarding TCP connection on Process Explorer]

There's no official documentation about this topic, refer to this thread.

But if you test with netstat -a -n -o (refer to this thread) in command prompt, you will notice the connection in TIME_WAIT state owned by PID 0. This ip should be listed under TCP/IP tab for System Idle Process on Process Explorer too.

Definition of TIME_WAIT in rfc793:

PID 0 is not really a process, according to official answer from msdn moderator:

To answer your question:

1. It's normal behavior if you found TCP connection in TIME_WAIT
      state
      under System Idle Process.
    2. I'm not use ESET and i have no idea how it detected the suspicious connection, but IMHO you should double check your DNS settings and check with command nslookup 3dns-2.adobe.com to ensure it doesn't return a valid ip. If it does return a ip, then you should do further research to ensure it's not a malicious ip. [UPDATE] Also see this thread.

林果皞, Feb 12, 2024
  3. LemP Win User
    System idle process spike

Although you may have a problem that is causing fps drops, "System Idle Process" isn't what's causing it.

When "CPU usage" for System Idle Process is high, that means that your CPU is not doing much useful work.

Idle, noun:

• not working or active; unemployed; doing nothing: idle workers.
    • not spent or filled with activity: idle hours.
    When System Idle Process shows as 30%, what's taking up the majority of the rest of the CPU cycles? That's probably the source of the problem.

4. TheEop Win User

Many TCP connections under my System Idle Process

Any Reason Why 'Amazon CloudFront' was Making Connections to 'System Idle Process'

I ran netstat -ano to get a list of connections and there was an IP for Amazon Cloudfront making a TCP connection to System Idle Process on Port 443

is there any real reason why? I know what Amazon Cloudfront is, and I know there's one in the city I live near, but I was not interacting with anything Amazon-related

I did not have Chrome or Edge open; the only things I've opened today are Event Viewer, Task Manager, and Windows Defender to run a routine Full Scan. although msedgewebview2 ran twice

furthermore why could it have been trying to connect to System Idle Process? is this something to be concerned over? I say "try" because it said "TIME_WAIT", rather than "ESTABLISHED"

TheEop, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

Many TCP connections under my System Idle Process

1. Many TCP connections under my System Idle Process - Similar Threads - Many TCP connections

2. Many TCP connections under my System Idle Process

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Many TCP connections under my System Idle Process: I was recently hacked by a clever Discord scam with a fraudulent itch.io game, they logged some of my emails and passwords most of which were useless through the fraudulent program, which then allowed them to get access to my Discord accounts and immediately ban them from...
  3. Many TCP connections under my System Idle Process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Many TCP connections under my System Idle Process: I was recently hacked by a clever Discord scam with a fraudulent itch.io game, they logged some of my emails and passwords most of which were useless through the fraudulent program, which then allowed them to get access to my Discord accounts and immediately ban them from...
  4. System Idle Process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Idle Process: Hi,Using Process Explorer, I have noticed that system idle process is using over 90% of my CPU. Why is this happening?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-idle-process/97a55810-9d63-4918-b9f6-a868910d5b98
  5. System Idle Process

System Idle Process: Hi,Using Process Explorer, I have noticed that system idle process is using over 90% of my CPU. Why is this happening?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-idle-process/97a55810-9d63-4918-b9f6-a868910d5b98
  6. System Idle Process high cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Idle Process high cpu: Lately my pc lagging alot And I checked it In task manager And I found System Idle Process get high cpu can you pls help me to solve it I reset the pc but still the same isue...
  7. System Idle Process high cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Idle Process high cpu: Lately my pc lagging alot And I checked it In task manager And I found System Idle Process get high cpu can you pls help me to solve it I reset the pc but still the same isue...
  8. System Idle Process while CPU under load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Idle Process while CPU under load: I understand why Task Manager / Details will show System Idle Process taking a large share of the the CPU activity when the CPU activity is very low. But that is not what I am experiencing at the moment.I am currently running some Excel VBA macros, which will take a few hours...
  9. System Idle Process while CPU under load

System Idle Process while CPU under load: I understand why Task Manager / Details will show System Idle Process taking a large share of the the CPU activity when the CPU activity is very low. But that is not what I am experiencing at the moment.I am currently running some Excel VBA macros, which will take a few hours...
  10. System Idle Process while CPU under load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging