Windows 10: Many things not working

Discus and support Many things not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 Pro . So earlier i was going across regedit and i was setting permissions to a group , nvm so later my screen just refreshed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LazarLeo, Dec 5, 2018.

1. LazarLeo Win User

Many things not working

I am using Windows 10 Pro . So earlier i was going across regedit and i was setting permissions to a group , nvm so later my screen just refreshed and actually i couldn't see half of my taskbar , it was like invisible . I could point the mouse to that and it would eventually say its name like ex. Microsoft Edge. But when i click on it it says Explorer.exe : Class Not Registered.My Windows Start Menu isn't loading . I click on it and it does nothing. Same as Cortana , i click on it multiple times=nothing. And i noticed my sound wasn't working too. I don't know what i did but please tell me what should i do. Thanks!

:)

LazarLeo, Dec 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Many things not working

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Many things not working

1. Many things not working - Similar Threads - Many things working

2. Many things not working upon windows 11 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Many things not working upon windows 11 install: Just purchased a new lenovo legion 5 that has win 11, the taskbar/ start menu isnt working outside of opening edge and opera, settings will not open with the windows button+I command, clicking on the settings wheel in the bottom right corner tells me i need a new app to open...
  3. Many things not working upon windows 11 install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Many things not working upon windows 11 install: Just purchased a new lenovo legion 5 that has win 11, the taskbar/ start menu isnt working outside of opening edge and opera, settings will not open with the windows button+I command, clicking on the settings wheel in the bottom right corner tells me i need a new app to open...
  4. Cant update windowsTried many things

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant update windowsTried many things: I can't update windows. It shows the "Something went wrong, try to reopen settings later" message. I tried running some commands in the command prompt, tried starting the windows update service which showed an error code 1058 I believe , and now the service has dissappeared,...
  5. Help so many things not working!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help so many things not working!: Ok so there’s many things where if I click them they don’t open or do anything, I’ll list them now: Settings won’t open Can’t use search bar in left corner When I click the windows icon on desktop in left corner nothing happens Can’t open display settings Sea of thieves...
  6. Many important things not opening!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Many important things not opening!: Hello! Today I was watching some YouTube videos on how to make my laptop faster and I tried many things to make it faster. After those steps I wanted to open the task manager but it wouldn't open. Then I tried opening it by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete and it still didn't...
  7. why so many things wrong

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why so many things wrong: why is it things in the program list open but disappear without me being able to use them such as camera, calculator, feedback hub and others and why is it windows 10 freezes up after about 20 minutes and has to be restarted only to have webpages not load completely and why...
  8. Changed computer name and now many glitches and things not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changed computer name and now many glitches and things not working: Yesterday, my son was updating Windows 10 and all at once he was being asked for a user name and password that he had not set. In researching this issue for him, I came across instructions for a fix. The initial instruction was to Run: netplwiz to bring up user...
  9. So many things wrong

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    So many things wrong: I recently bought a HP Pavilion desktop and i'm starting to have problems after I updated it. I can't open the task manager even with shortcuts. I can only open Chrome by clicking it on the desktop There are no apps on the taskbar, and when I click anything on it nothing...
  10. So many things don't work

in Windows 10 Support
    So many things don't work: Brand new Dell XPS 8900 with Windows 10 and IE 11. Tried everything I could find on Google to no avail. - Can't eliminate the initial password sign-in - Can't get Control Panel to stay with Large Icons - Can't get Google to be my default browser in lieu of Bing - Can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. many things not working after 1809 update