Windows 10: Many Windows 7 users are still not upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support Many Windows 7 users are still not upgrading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is no longer releasing security updates for Windows 7 and the company encourages everyone to upgrade to Windows 10. Windows 10 upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 7, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Many Windows 7 users are still not upgrading to Windows 10

Microsoft is no longer releasing security updates for Windows 7 and the company encourages everyone to upgrade to Windows 10.

Windows 10 upgrade efforts aren’t as aggressive as they were back in the days when Microsoft launched Windows 10. In January, Microsoft said it has installed a Windows 7 update on some PCs to help users make the switch to the new OS.

Windows upgrade notification is supposed to take care of the update process and it also helps in kicking off the installation of Windows 10.

Despite Windows 7 has reached the end of support and Microsoft is reminding users with full-screen notifications, Windows 7 continues to be the second most-used desktop operating system from Microsoft. It’s been two months since Windows 7 support ended and things have barely changed.

We have entered March, but a solid core of Windows 7 aren’t willing to upgrade to Windows 10 despite the security and privacy risks. February data provided by NetMarketShare revealed that Windows 7 fell to just 25.20 percent of the desktop market, while Windows 10 is on 57.39 percent of PCs.

This is a living proof that core Windows 7 audience is not willing to upgrade to Windows 10 anytime soon and market share may not change significantly in the coming months.

The post Many Windows 7 users are still not upgrading to Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 7, 2020
  2. Uplink10 Win User

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users but not Enterprise users

Uplink10, Mar 7, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User

In what could be a fundamental shift in how Microsoft monetizes its flagship product, the Windows operating system, the company decided to offer its upcoming Windows 10 as a free upgrade for existing users of Windows 8.1 and Windows 7. This offer will be applicable only for the first year following Windows 10 launch (after which, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 users will have to pay to upgrade to Windows 10). Windows 10 will see the return of the Start Menu, a productive Desktop environment, and cutting-edge new API features such as DirectX 12.

Many Windows 7 users are still not upgrading to Windows 10 116a_thm.jpg

Source: The Verge

btarunr, Mar 7, 2020
  4. TRWOV Win User

Note that it says "pay to upgrade" not "pay to use".

TRWOV, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Many Windows 7 users are still not upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Many users are

2. can i still upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i still upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7?: dear microsoft employees i am here to ask if i can still upgrade my windows 7 home prem to a windows 10 becuase i got this for christmas from my grandparents and i did not know it was out of date and i need a quick solution to upgrade this to windows 10 for free with no money...
  3. can i still upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i still upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7?: dear microsoft employees i am here to ask if i can still upgrade my windows 7 home prem to a windows 10 becuase i got this for christmas from my grandparents and i did not know it was out of date and i need a quick solution to upgrade this to windows 10 for free with no money...
  4. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?: I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-to/6024c546-7331-4237-8ad5-89c4751790d5
  5. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?: I got one Windows 7, but I don't know, if I can upgrade it to Windows 10 for free any more.I just want confirmation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-still-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-to/6024c546-7331-4237-8ad5-89c4751790d5
  6. Is it still possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can windows 7 still free upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can windows 7 still free upgrade to Windows 10: Dear Experts, Can i confirm that , as of now are we still able free upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 ... i just tested a few machines, used the product key from the sticker Windows 7 Product Key and try activate, it was success .... is this the right way or please...
  8. Still possible to upgrade to 10 using Windows 7 key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Still possible to upgrade to 10 using Windows 7 key?: I want to set up my laptop to dual boot have Windows 7 already on it and I have the key. I downloaded Windows 10 ISO went through the install, but it won't accept my Windows 7 product key. I know the free upgrade offer is long past, but have seen websites that say it is still...
  9. Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10. Is it still legal?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10. Is it still legal?: Hello guys/Microsoft, I have a question which I hope someone may help us with. As a business, we currently run Windows 7 with a planned upgrade to Windows 10 on the horizon. A 'grey area' that I can't find an answer to is upgrading an existing PC from Windows 7 to...
  10. upgrading from Windows 7, switch user, how many accounts are kept?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    upgrading from Windows 7, switch user, how many accounts are kept?: I used Windows 10.iso to upgrade from Windows 7 sp1 to Windows 10. I chose to keep all the apps and settings. Upon finishing upgrading, I was confronted with a logon screen and a user name. Unfortunately, I could not log in. I'm sure I know the password but it just doesn't...