Windows 10: Many windows apps can't open

Discus and support Many windows apps can't open in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; My windows app can't be opened, such as calculator, photos, maps and get help. Like the photos when try to open will show this app didn't start. I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by thyk123, Oct 6, 2019.

1. thyk123 Win User

Many windows apps can't open

My windows app can't be opened, such as calculator, photos, maps and get help. Like the photos when try to open will show this app didn't start.
    I already follow any instruction on internet, such as delete and reinstall again, do DISM, clear registry, reset the App, reset the WSStore, but still doesn't work

I already read many of instruction from this forum, and many of them the problem never be resolved, so please Microsoft do something.

:)

thyk123, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Many windows apps can't open :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 6, 2019
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Many windows apps can't open - Similar Threads - Many apps can't

2. many apps won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    many apps won't open: many third party apps won't open after windows 11 updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/many-apps-wont-open/90c32d7f-dfc9-4fc3-98ae-0f7bd731bcba
  3. many apps won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    many apps won't open: many third party apps won't open after windows 11 updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/many-apps-wont-open/90c32d7f-dfc9-4fc3-98ae-0f7bd731bcba
  4. many windows open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    many windows open: How do I close a lot of open windows? Thousands! Is there a method to close all the windows at once, without moving from one window to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/many-windows-open/f9bfee1e-768b-4511-b65c-2f65ff6c5072
  5. many windows open

many windows open: How do I close a lot of open windows? Thousands! Is there a method to close all the windows at once, without moving from one window to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/many-windows-open/f9bfee1e-768b-4511-b65c-2f65ff6c5072
  6. many windows open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows App can't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows App can't open: I have recently received an update, so I updated it, knowing that nothing will happen as I didn't experience anything previously. After restarting, some apps turned gray and have underlined. They can't be open, so can anyone tell me what the problem is....
  8. Many pre-installed apps Not Opening

Many pre-installed apps Not Opening: Many preinstalled apps like Microsoft store, location, microphone etc are not opening. i by mistakely moved the app data folder to other drive. then i tried re installing windows 10. but they are not working. when i reinstalled windows 10 then it was not showing the apps but...
  9. Many Windows apps can't be opened

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Many Windows apps can't be opened: Hello! Today when I logged into my account,I found that I can't open many programs which are located in drive Cwindows drive For example,when I tried to open Task Manager,this box appeared: [ATTACH] Also I couldn't use many windows features such as settings,seatch...
  10. "This app can't open" for Windows apps

"This app can't open" for Windows apps: Not sure when this started, as I don't use Windows Apps very often, but currently I cannot access Windows Store or Windows apps except, apparently Edge and Calendar. On my start menu, other apps' tiles and the Store tile are greyed out with an exclamation point: [img]...