Windows 10: Many Windows functions not working, unable to install

Discus and support Many Windows functions not working, unable to install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Windows 10 is having major problems. So many that I would rather just remove the entire thing. I found a website that said you can revert to your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jss367, Aug 9, 2015.

1. jss367 Win User

Many Windows functions not working, unable to install

My Windows 10 is having major problems. So many that I would rather just remove the entire thing. I found a website that said you can revert to your previous OS in settings, but my problem is I cannot even get there. The entire task bar and start menu are not working, although I can see them. I saw in another post that Windows Logo Key + I opens up settings, but my Windows Logo Key doesn't do anything. I also cannot click on the notification icon to open up the settings. The few things I can do: double click on desktop icons to open them, right-click on desktop, and Ctrl + Alt + Delete. Task Manager freezes when I open it (Ctrl + Shift + Esc). How can I remove Windows 10 given these constraints?
    Also, the time on the taskbar is also not changing from when I turned the computer on, in case this gives anyone an idea.

Edit: After several restarts the windows button started working, so I took the opportunity to remove Windows 10. I have no idea what happened so I can't provide much help for someone else with this problem, unfortunately.

:)

jss367, Aug 9, 2015

2. windows 10upgrade, many functions seem to not work/programs refuse to run

just installed windows 10, spent the first hour skipping around getting used to the new layout. The "run as administrator" does not seem to work at all, orgin app does not seem to want to work at all. i am currently going to go through and check all my
    programs and games to see what works and what does not while i wait for a response to this post. until i went to play dragon age inquisition, i was liking what ive seen of windows 10 so far.

lott youngdale, Aug 9, 2015
  3. windows 10upgrade, many functions seem to not work/programs refuse to run

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• What happens when you try to open apps?
    • Which all apps are you facing issues with?
    • Do you receive any error message or Code?
    • Are you able to access Windows Store?
    • Are you logged in with Microsoft Account?
    • What happens when you try to play Dragon Age Inquisition?
    • Are you able to open the game?
    • Is the issue persists with this particular game?
    Reply with the necessary information to help you troubleshoot the issue. I will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 9, 2015
  4. letmein Win User

Unplug any extras to your computer ( a 2nd monitor, camera, microphone, printer, any usb devices including a flash drive. remove anything in the dvd drive... )

letmein, Aug 9, 2015
  5. letmein Win User
    The most common thing that causes these issues is extras left connected before the upgrade. Also running programs need to be shut off and removed including all security tools.

letmein, Aug 9, 2015
  6. jss367 Win User
    OK. I have lots of other things that you mentioned, so whenever I feel brave enough to try it again I'll keep this in mind. Thanks for letting me know.

jss367, Aug 9, 2015
  7. letmein Win User
    letmein, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Many Windows functions not working, unable to install - Similar Threads - Many functions working

2. Many things not working upon windows 11 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Many things not working upon windows 11 install: Just purchased a new lenovo legion 5 that has win 11, the taskbar/ start menu isnt working outside of opening edge and opera, settings will not open with the windows button+I command, clicking on the settings wheel in the bottom right corner tells me i need a new app to open...
  3. Many things not working upon windows 11 install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Many things not working upon windows 11 install: Just purchased a new lenovo legion 5 that has win 11, the taskbar/ start menu isnt working outside of opening edge and opera, settings will not open with the windows button+I command, clicking on the settings wheel in the bottom right corner tells me i need a new app to open...
  4. Unable to get a clean, fully functional install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to get a clean, fully functional install of Windows 10: HelloCouple of days ago I decided to go and try to create a dual boot setup Windows 10 + Ubuntu for my PC for work purposes. For some unknown reason, I could notinstall Ubuntu, but it would always crash during install giving a variety of errors. During this process, which...
  5. Many Windows functions missing

Many Windows functions missing: Had a major BCD Boot error . I seriously wanted to avoid having to totally reset my disk from the Windows 8 upgrade disks I found I had . Eventually , I found my way to using those disks to a very minimal DOS cmd window on x:\ , which I could change to c:\ and happily find...
  6. Many functions not accessible after Windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Many functions not accessible after Windows update: I updated my windows and when i checked my settings there were only 6 options and most of the other settings were missing. I cant access my display settings, network settings etc. I also discovered i cant access a USB drive. It says i dont have access. Any ideas how to fix...
  7. Windows functions not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows functions not working: Several Windows 10 functions are not working for me. The problems seem to be related. Here are the ones I've observed so far. They are hard to explain. 1 I can't type in the search bar. Sometimes it will let me type a single character, but then I can't get the cursor to...
  8. Unable to open many programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open many programs: For about the last 2 or so weeks, my ability to open programs has decrease. After scanning for bugs and malware with nothing found I tried 3 things recommended online 1. I disabled Windows Firewall and Anti-virus 2. Updated registry for .exe and exefile to "1%"% (typing...
  9. Unable to install printer. Cannot complete this function

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to install printer. Cannot complete this function: Hello Everyone. I have an issue regarding my HP Deskjet 2540 Printer. Whenever I install the printer it says the printer was unable to be installed correctly. I then do it USB way, still same thing... I finally then proceed to manually install the printer using Windows, it...
  10. Unable to install after many tries.

Unable to install after many tries.: I have attempted to install window 10 a number of times without success, while I did errors initially I was able to solve those issues. My last attempt lasted 24 hours with no results. I am hoping that I can get some help in order to have a successful installation before July...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. many functions are not installed in my window 10