Windows 10: Map A Network Loction

Discus and support Map A Network Loction in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was mapping a network location I got as far up as the password because I put my password in but then it said "The specified network password is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThomasAltham, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Map A Network Loction

I was mapping a network location I got as far up as the password because I put my password in but then it said "The specified network password is incorrect" when it is the correct password.

Windows 10

:)

ThomasAltham, Nov 9, 2018
  2. richnich Win User

Network Map not showing all network machines

I have just upgraded 4 W7 machines to W10 to add to our 8 pc LAN. On checking the network map only the same 3 of the 8 are showing. I have pinged with IP and name and obtained a result, also checked advanced sharing settings and all correct and same as existing machines. The network is set to private. Any suggestions how I can get these machines to show the full network map

richnich, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    Map Network For Program with Clients

In order for your computers to have a successful file-sharing, a Homegroup is recommended. We also suggest that you do the following network commands found on this

link
    . And to make sure you are properly mapping the network drives across your computers, please follow the steps provided on this article:

Map a network drive.

Please keep us posted.

Nick Dich, Nov 9, 2018
  4. CraigS Win User

Map A Network Loction

Work Mapped drives not working at home.

Hello All.

I have a user at work that has a laptop as her main work use (docking station at work, then takes it home to work at home).
    we have a list of mapped network drives that we use here, including a personal drive.

however when this user gets home or off the network, the personal drive seems to become inactive/go missing.

there are no USB drives that interfere with the network drives, and i am lost looking for solutions.

any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

CraigS, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Map A Network Loction

1. Map A Network Loction - Similar Threads - Map Network Loction

2. Map network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Map network drive: I have been trying to mount one of my home directory on my computer. For that , I have to use Map network drive but I could not find in my file explorer. Now, what should I do to get that option back on my computer?...
  3. Network drive mappings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network drive mappings: I have a vintage NAS: Blackarmor 220. I have to use drive mappings to access files on the drive because Microsoft decided I couldn't use what used to work. Periodically, a new version of Windows 11 is installed and all of my drive mappings to my NAS stop working. Often, I can...
  4. Mapping Network Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapping Network Drives: Both my PC and my Wife's laptop are running Win 11 with no problems.I managed to map the laptop C drive to my PC but when I tried the other way around I accidentally mapped my public drive to her laptop.I have unmapped it; however, when I try to map my C drive to her laptop,...
  5. Mapping a network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mapping a network drive: I'm trying to connect to a webdav server via the "map network drive feature". I feel like i've had success in the past with entering https://192.168.1.45:5201<---- thats not a real link I can connect to it everywhere else... submitted by /u/rexlx [link] [comments]...
  6. Mapping a network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapping a network drive: I am trying to map a network drive from one Windows 10 PC to a shared USB drive on another Windows 10 PC. I have two USB drives in this PC. One I can share successfully. When I try to map to the other one it keeps asking for Windows credentials. I have password protected...
  7. network mapping

network mapping: How can I see device connections via routers and switches in Win10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-mapping/a0a09ab4-3d73-4824-b9fb-75140cfd7992
  8. map networking

map networking: how do I map network my music folder it says I don't have permission when I set it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/map-networking/e24cbbc4-1c76-43dc-b225-072d4e0e682e
  9. Map Network drive

Map Network drive: Having an issue with mapping network drive with my local Netgear device. The id/password for attaching to the netgear device is local to the device and is not joined to a domain. My windows 10 laptop is joined to a domain. When I try to map a drive, such as...
  10. Map Network Drive

Map Network Drive: What to do with the following error: "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured: We can't sign you in with this credential because your domain isn't available. Make sure your device is connected to your organization's network...