Windows 10: Map app gets updated map engine in Windows 10 Creators Update

Discus and support Map app gets updated map engine in Windows 10 Creators Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 Creators Update: What’s new with Maps? In the Windows 10 Creators Update, we’ve revamped the Windows Maps platform. Our updated data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Map app gets updated map engine in Windows 10 Creators Update

Source: Feedback Hub

:)

Brink, Mar 23, 2017

2. Massive map data quality downgrade will happen in upcoming Creators Update

Another Microsoft
    bad joke
    about the map data.

Petr Vones, Mar 23, 2017
  3. TomBrad95 Win User
    HERE Maps disappeared from the store?

Since here maps was released on Android I've noticed that they haven't been updating the apps as often I contacted them on Twitter about their windows phone apps to receive no reply, fortunately the maps on windows 10 look to have most of the features
    that here maps had that people liked unfortunately it looks like the 920 or 620 won't be getting the windows 10 update.

TomBrad95, Mar 23, 2017
Thema:

Map app gets updated map engine in Windows 10 Creators Update

1. Map app gets updated map engine in Windows 10 Creators Update - Similar Threads - Map app gets

2. Maps App has Outdated Maps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maps App has Outdated Maps: Is it possible to update the maps/satellite imagery in the Windows Map App? When compared to the data on bing.com/maps, the Windows Map App is woefully out of date....
  3. windows 10 map app

windows 10 map app: Unable to see street view https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-map-app/f8a35a15-a22a-45cf-877b-ee6a42a5a99b
  4. Maps app

Maps app: I have problems with the maps app, it doesn't work. When it opens it doesn't show me the location, it doesn't show anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maps-app/c612800e-2c03-4e91-9269-56ca31402c78
  5. WinGo Maps, third-party unofficial Google Maps for Windows 10 gets a big update

in Windows 10 News
    WinGo Maps, third-party unofficial Google Maps for Windows 10 gets a big update: Microsoft has been struggling to deal with the lack of apps in the Windows Store for several years now, but slowly and steadily the app gap situation is getting better. For example, Progressive Web Apps initiative is helping Microsoft Store (Windows Store) to grow and it’s...
  6. Map App

Map App: I tried to install the following App serveral times over the course of several days : Map (Microsoft Corporation) but always I get the error message: "couldn't Install. We 'll retry shortly". I use Windows 10 Home Edition (fully Upgraded). Is this app obsoleted? 100662
  7. SSD drive not mapped after Windows 10 Creator update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD drive not mapped after Windows 10 Creator update: Finally bit the bullet against my better judgement and updated to Creator last night. Low and behold, my internal Samsung Evo 850 SSD is now not mounting. I checked the BIOS as well as ran Samsung Magician utility and the drive is there. It also shows up in Disk Management...
  8. Maps and one note apps updated

Maps and one note apps updated: Updates for maps and one note came tumbling down the pipe when I checked this evening. Not sure what's changed - Probably more updates for the sake of updates. If your update settings for apps are set to manual like mine then head on over to the store to grab them 50756
  9. finding saved maps in Map app

finding saved maps in Map app: I read the thread which explained how to download offline maps. That not the problem, and I've downloaded 2 maps. Unfortunately the thread didn't answer the question regarding using those maps. I see that they are downloaded in the Settings section, but I don't see any menu...
  10. New Map Control features in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    New Map Control features in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: The Maps team has been busy making improvements and adding new features to the Maps platform for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. In addition to performance and visual improvements to the 3D engine, we are introducing features requested by users, like the ability to...