Windows 10: Map drive to Sharepoint Online

Discus and support Map drive to Sharepoint Online in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We're using sharepoint online and would like to map a drive to a library which has a number of subfolders in it (5000+). When I map it I'm told the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aaron M. Reiff, May 21, 2019.

1. Map drive to Sharepoint Online

We're using sharepoint online and would like to map a drive to a library which has a number of subfolders in it (5000+). When I map it I'm told the folder is empty. I'm able to map directly to one of the subfolders and see files but not to the root of the Library. Is there a limitation on how many folders can be viewed in a Windows 10 share?

:)

Aaron M. Reiff, May 21, 2019

2. cannot map my sharepoint 365 as a network drive

I recently upgraded to Windows 10

Since the upgrade I am no longer able to map my SharePoint 365 drive as a network drive

Is this a problem with compatibility between Microsoft Edge and SharePoint 365?

Is there a way to map to the SharePoint 365 drive?

DanNierste, May 21, 2019
  3. TechDoran Win User
    Mapping a List with Sharepoint

I'm trying to map a List for a client from SharePoint to file explorer. The issue is that the link I was provided to map is not a folder or a document; it is a list page, and the normal usual method of mapping a shared drive through file explorer isn't working,
    because that method doesn't like the .aspx ending.

Other advice has been to go to SharePoint via Internet Explorer and I should see a tab labelled "Library" and from there I can open it in File Explorer etc. I can't see that Library tab, because this particular item isn't a document or a folder, it's a List.
    Elsewhere in SharePoint I can see the Library tab and can successfully open in File Explorer etc, because those other pages are actual documents.

Is there a way to connect to a List as a shared drive in File Explorer? My feeling is that this isn't a thing that can be done.

What you see when you are viewing a List:

Map drive to Sharepoint Online 402d52f2-177c-49dc-986f-19bbcd605e8b?upload=true.png

What you see when you're viewing a collection of documents:

Map drive to Sharepoint Online 51930b09-2479-4ba5-8016-fa30849c362a?upload=true.png

TechDoran, May 21, 2019
  4. Nic-2017 Win User

Map drive to Sharepoint Online

Mapping drive for Sharepoint library, Office 365 - error message Access Denied

Help please! I am trying to map drives for sharepoint libraries in Teamsites. They need to go on multiple computers and are being mapped by multiple users. We have made sure the site is in the Trusted Sites, we have logged into Office 365 and SharePoint
    using Internet Explorer (and other web browsers), but when we get to the point of adding the mapped drive to the file browser, most users get the following error message:

Access denied: Before opening files in this location you must first add the web site to your trusted sites list, browse to the web site and select the option to login automatically.

However, some users don't get this error message and have no problem mapping the drives. I can't see any difference between these users who can map the drives, and those who can't. I have compared the security settings of the Trusted Sites in Internet Options,
    and also checked everyone's permissions in SharePoint.

Does anyone know what might be happening? Thanks!

Nic-2017, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Map drive to Sharepoint Online

1. Map drive to Sharepoint Online - Similar Threads - Map drive Sharepoint

2. Installing an MSI from a mapped SharePoint drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing an MSI from a mapped SharePoint drive: Hello all,I have a situation where a customer needs software deployed to all machines, which we have put a GPO in place for, and works well, however, a few years ago they moved the majority of their files to Office 365 Sharepoint, and have moved the rest a couple of months...
  3. Maps are not showing online maps only offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maps are not showing online maps only offline: Hi! On my computer Maps only show a lightblue screen if I try to use online maps. I tried to download offline maps and then It worked. I removed the offline maps and the maps are not showing again. I have access to Internet and my computer does not think it is connected to a...
  4. Restore SharePoint mappings in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore SharePoint mappings in Windows Explorer: All In my company we use a selfmade tool which makes a backup of network mappings, installed network printers, specific user settings, custom files/folders, ... We are now in a transition to Office 365 and SharePoint. If you go via a web browser to a SharePoint Document...
  5. Issue with sharepoint activex services and drive mapping to sharepoint

Issue with sharepoint activex services and drive mapping to sharepoint: I have a user profilea which opens the Sharepoint "AllItems.aspx" url resulting in a blank page using Internet Explorer. All internet security setting have been reset. The company Sharepoint url is in Trusted Sites. I created a new user on the same computer and that user...
  6. One Drive and Sharepoint

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    One Drive and Sharepoint: I have my One Drive and work Sharepoint sites sync'd to my windows desktop. They show up in file explorer. However when i create new folders or try and move/save a file to an existing folder the new folder/file does not sync to one drive. It has resulted in my creating a lot...
  7. Create interactive staff map on Sharepoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create interactive staff map on Sharepoint: Hi All, After some advice on creating a map of the UK that shows all of the our sites to be used on our SharePoint intranet using SharePoint Designer 2013/Windows 10 Pro . When you look at the map it would show the locations of our sites and if you clicked on one of them you...
  8. Unable to map Sharepoint Documents library to Z: drive

Unable to map Sharepoint Documents library to Z: drive: Hi I'm trying to map a sharepoint documents library to my Z drive. Here's the library: [ATTACH] But Windows won't let me: [ATTACH] So I added the URL to my Trusted SItes List, which now reads: [ATTACH] HOWEVER, I can't work out what Microsoft mean by...
  9. Mobile Sharepoint online Color Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mobile Sharepoint online Color Change: Hi. My clients use their iPAD and iPhone a lot and right now the various Communication sites in Sharepoint Online I have created are all uniform on the desktop but on mobile the background show up as a wide range of colors (pink, purple, green and there seems to be no...
  10. Increase in SharePoint Online storage allocation

in Windows 10 News
    Increase in SharePoint Online storage allocation: Maybe - but Sharepoint itself is a bit of a cranky product. For instance it still has some features which only work with Internet Explorer - none of your new-fangled 'Edge' browsing! *Wink Yeah I know! Sometimes very frustrating, and some stuff didn't work properly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add sharepoint to windows explorer

2. add sharepoint folder shortcut to explorer

3. add sharepoint to file explorer windows 10

4. map a drive to sharepoint online,
  5. add sharepoint drive to explorer,
  6. sharepoint online site as mapped drive in explorer,
  7. mapping sharepoint windows 10,
  8. windows add sharepoint site to quick access,
  9. sharepoint site windows exploer,
  10. how to map sharepoint to drivers on computer on window 10 with sharepoint 2020,
  11. connect to Sharepoint online file explorer,
  12. How do i add sharepoint ares to quick access,
  13. add a sharepoint folder to file explorer,
  14. how to link teams to file explorer,
  15. how to add sharepoint link to quick access