Windows 10: map drive

Discus and support map drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Desktop win 10 updates all done. My dlink DIR880L router has two WD usb drives attached. I need to map these drives. On file explorer- This PC the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PEGravett, Oct 23, 2018.

1. PEGravett Win User

map drive

Desktop win 10 updates all done.

My dlink DIR880L router has two WD usb drives attached. I need to map these drives.

On file explorer- This PC the router shows but not the drives. A double click on the router gives me four folders, one is browse folders that will open to show the five partitions of the two hdd's.

However, nothing so far gives me a choice to map. Network Discovery and File and Printer sharing are on.

:)

PEGravett, Oct 23, 2018
  2. rhegde Win User

Suggestions for Maps/Drive

Some more suggestions

- When you set a destination in drive, you should be able to set an address which is existing in the contact list

- You should be able to view all step by step navigations. right now you are not able to see complete direction steps.

rhegde, Oct 23, 2018
  3. CraigS Win User
    Work Mapped drives not working at home.

Hello All.

I have a user at work that has a laptop as her main work use (docking station at work, then takes it home to work at home).
    we have a list of mapped network drives that we use here, including a personal drive.

however when this user gets home or off the network, the personal drive seems to become inactive/go missing.

there are no USB drives that interfere with the network drives, and i am lost looking for solutions.

any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

CraigS, Oct 23, 2018
  4. map drive

Mapped Drives

Hi DarlaSansoucie,

There are several reasons for this issue. It could be due to a corrupted registry file, a software conflict or an issue with your network connection. I'd like to get more information regarding this so we could further check and provide a more established
    workaround. Kindly answer the following:

1. Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    2. What is the exact error message that you're receiving?
    3. Do you have a 3rd party anti-virus installed on your computer?
    4. Are you getting the same issue on a different user profile?
    5. Is your mapped drive connected to a company domain?

In the meantime, try reconnecting it by following the steps provided in this
    article

Here are the other troubleshooting steps that you may try:

• Install all the latest Windows cumulative and security updates.
    • Install all the latest device drivers.
    • Temporary disable your anti-virus to check if the issue persists.
    • Contact your IT department to check for any Group Policy issues.
    To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Gemzon Mar, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

map drive

1. map drive - Similar Threads - map drive

2. The solution to "Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The solution to "Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer": Microsoft closed at least one discussion concerning the above error message in quotes from one user.I had the same problem and not one of the suggestions Microsoft presented worked.What I did that created this problem was run the cmd shell as administrator.What I did to...
  3. The solution to "Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The solution to "Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer": Microsoft closed at least one discussion concerning the above error message in quotes from one user.I had the same problem and not one of the suggestions Microsoft presented worked.What I did that created this problem was run the cmd shell as administrator.What I did to...
  4. The solution to "Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer 2024

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer 2024: Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer - Microsoft CommunityI have the same issue on Windows 10 Azure. Followed the steps in the link above but non of them worked. Disk Management drives were not vissibleCMD net use drive location was vissibleVIA Internet broswer it was...
  6. Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer 2024

Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer 2024: Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer - Microsoft CommunityI have the same issue on Windows 10 Azure. Followed the steps in the link above but non of them worked. Disk Management drives were not vissibleCMD net use drive location was vissibleVIA Internet broswer it was...
  7. Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer 2024

8. Not able to map network drive or it keep dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to map network drive or it keep dropping: Hi, On some user when they log in they cant connect to an network drive but after 10 minutes its fine but for some user it will disconnect while they got documents open...
  9. Not able to map network drive or it keep dropping

Not able to map network drive or it keep dropping: Hi, On some user when they log in they cant connect to an network drive but after 10 minutes its fine but for some user it will disconnect while they got documents open...
  10. Not able to map network drive or it keep dropping