Windows 10: Map Network Drive Missing after Windows 11 22H2 Update

Discus and support Map Network Drive Missing after Windows 11 22H2 Update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,"Map Network Drive" is no longer an option under This PC after the Windows 11 22H2 update. I'm using a Dell XPS 9710 if that matters.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by 614ever, Oct 1, 2022.

1. 614ever Win User

Map Network Drive Missing after Windows 11 22H2 Update

Hello,"Map Network Drive" is no longer an option under This PC after the Windows 11 22H2 update. I'm using a Dell XPS 9710 if that matters.

:)

614ever, Oct 1, 2022

2. Can't map network drive on windows 11

Hi Next. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, specializing in Installation, Performance, Troubleshooting and Activation, here to help you.

Make sure you're following the correct procedure to map network drive in Windows 11 here:

https://www.howtogeek.com/755213/how-to-map-a-n...

Try these fixes for failing to map network drive in Windows 11:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/unable-to-map-ne...

https://10scopes.com/fix-windows-cant-access-ne...

https://www.anyrecover.com/hard-drive-recovery-...

https://www.technipages.com/what-to-do-if-windo...

Please report back results for each step in each link, so I know what else to suggest. I will keep helping you until this is resolved.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Oct 1, 2022
  3. fatpat Win User
    Mapped Drives Issues

To clarify .... the issue is the Windows 10 OS. It is with Windows File Explorer. The Mapped drives used to appear in File Explorer's left panel list of drives and folders. Two days ago File explorer stopped show the mapped drives. so not they don;t appear in the list of Drives and folders.

- - - Updated - - -

I did, it has no effect. I also check the NAS devices they support SMB 2.0. Also I have several other computers on my home network they work fine with the mapped drives and They do not have SMB 1 turned on. So it is something that happened to the computer in question.

fatpat, Oct 1, 2022
  4. DMyr Win User

Trouble Mapping Network Drive

I have a WD NAS drive connected to my router and have mapped it on three of my computers. I just setup another laptop with Windows 10 and have updated it to 1809 and when I tired Mapping a network drive nothing is displayed in the browse window except the
    computer I am currently using. The drive is shown under network locations in File Explorer but not when you select map network drive and browse. I right clicked on the drive and selected properties and noted the IP address and went back into Map network drive
    but instead of selecting browse I entered the IP address but it still does not map the drive. The strange part is if I go to any of the computers that already has the network drive mapped and select Map network drive and select browse none of those computers
    show the drive either but you can select the mapped drive in the drive list in file explorer and it works just fine.

I have read several articles both here and elsewhere and tried the suggestions but nothing works. Network discovery is turned on as is file sharing and also checked if all three boxes under SMB file sharing support in Windows features were also checked and
    they are. I have mapped several computers to several different drives over the years and anytime the drive was not listed it was always easy to go into Network Sharing Centre and find the problem but everything seems to be as it should so would appreciate
    if someone can suggest something I may have overlooked.

Thank you

DMyr, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

1. Map Network Drive Missing after Windows 11 22H2 Update - Similar Threads - Map Network Drive

2. Issue with Map Network Drive Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Map Network Drive Windows 11: For my company, we have a main UPS computer that all other computers connect to remotely on the network.We have always make a Map Network Drive to the UPS Computer. We have been doing this for years. But when I tried it yesterday on our newest computer, the new computer can...
  3. Map Network Drive Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Map Network Drive Windows 11: I need some help, I'm trying to resolve a Map Network Drive issue. Windows can't communicate with the device or resource xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. The computer or service you are trying to reach might are temporarily unavailable.When I try to map a resource on my windows 11 laptop I'm...
  4. Map Network Drive Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Map Network Drive Windows 11: I need some help, I'm trying to resolve a Map Network Drive issue. Windows can't communicate with the device or resource xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. The computer or service you are trying to reach might are temporarily unavailable.When I try to map a resource on my windows 11 laptop I'm...
  5. excel file is not opening from mapped drive after windows 11 22h2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    excel file is not opening from mapped drive after windows 11 22h2 update: red hat shared drive is mapped in windows 11.we are using Microsoft 365 App for Bussiness.after 22H2 update excel and word file are not opening from mapped drive, but same file is coppied to desktop it opens....
  6. excel file is not opening from mapped drive after windows 11 22h2 update

excel file is not opening from mapped drive after windows 11 22h2 update: red hat shared drive is mapped in windows 11.we are using Microsoft 365 App for Bussiness.after 22H2 update excel and word file are not opening from mapped drive, but same file is coppied to desktop it opens....
  7. File explorer issues in Windows 11 Map Network Drive missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer issues in Windows 11 Map Network Drive missing: Is there a way to restore File Explorer? Mine seems to have several issues in Win 11:1 Under the ribbon, there are two buttons with three dots: one next to the View button, and one all the way to the right. The one on the right doesn't do anything: if i click on it the mouse...
  8. File explorer issues in Windows 11 Map Network Drive missing

File explorer issues in Windows 11 Map Network Drive missing: Is there a way to restore File Explorer? Mine seems to have several issues in Win 11:1 Under the ribbon, there are two buttons with three dots: one next to the View button, and one all the way to the right. The one on the right doesn't do anything: if i click on it the mouse...
  9. Map Network Drive Missing after Windows 11 22H2 Update

Map Network Drive Missing after Windows 11 22H2 Update: Hello,"Map Network Drive" is no longer an option under This PC after the Windows 11 22H2 update. I'm using a Dell XPS 9710 if that matters. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/map-network-drive-missing-after-windows-11-22h2/b154c559-8481-4c0e-897d-8bbe8a52750a
  10. mapped network drives inaccessible after windows updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mapped network drives inaccessible after windows updates: [ATTACH] So, so frustrated. Every time Windows updates, I can't access my NAS. Once I discovered that uninstalling security updates fixed the problem, I started uninstalling updates every week. Now Windows won't allow me to uninstall, so I'm stuck....