Windows 10: Map network drive results "the network folder is already mapped using....

Discus and support Map network drive results "the network folder is already mapped using.... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Map network drive results: the network folder is already mapped using..... Windows 10, no domain controller, all machines in "WORKGROUP" I can see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paul Andonian, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Map network drive results "the network folder is already mapped using....

Map network drive results: the network folder is already mapped using.....

Windows 10, no domain controller, all machines in "WORKGROUP" I can see the share from other PCs but not the new Win10 pc.

:)

Paul Andonian, Sep 19, 2018
  2. richnich Win User

Network Map not showing all network machines

I have just upgraded 4 W7 machines to W10 to add to our 8 pc LAN. On checking the network map only the same 3 of the 8 are showing. I have pinged with IP and name and obtained a result, also checked advanced sharing settings and all correct and same as existing machines. The network is set to private. Any suggestions how I can get these machines to show the full network map

richnich, Sep 19, 2018
  3. How to map a network drive

Hi Reese,

For concerns such as mapping a network drive, we have an article that you can follow. Just refer to the steps from this thread:

Map a network drive.

Regards.

Marque Lor, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Try3 Win User

Map network drive results "the network folder is already mapped using....

The mapped name of a folder is stuck

I have never had to do anything else to remove an old network drive mapping. [The mapped drives I have are all listed even though they are not currently connected].

If I understand the situation correctly -
    • You have mapped \\TOWER\0 SYNCHRONIZ and that is confirmed by HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Network
    • But File explorer insists that you have mapped to a [removable?] drive you have called 0 SYN that is connected to the network computer called T instead
    1 Does HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Network contain an entry for 0 SYN or \\T at all?
    2 Does HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Portable Devices\Devices contain 0 SYN as a 'FriendlyName' entry?
    3 Can 0 SYN be found in your Registry elsewhere [such as HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Shares]?

Denis

Thema:

Map network drive results "the network folder is already mapped using....

1. Map network drive results "the network folder is already mapped using.... - Similar Threads - Map network drive

2. Network drive mappings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network drive mappings: I have a vintage NAS: Blackarmor 220. I have to use drive mappings to access files on the drive because Microsoft decided I couldn't use what used to work. Periodically, a new version of Windows 11 is installed and all of my drive mappings to my NAS stop working. Often, I can...
  3. Mapping Network Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapping Network Drives: Both my PC and my Wife's laptop are running Win 11 with no problems.I managed to map the laptop C drive to my PC but when I tried the other way around I accidentally mapped my public drive to her laptop.I have unmapped it; however, when I try to map my C drive to her laptop,...
  4. Map network folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Map network folder: I have a shared folder over a network, I am able to get to that folder by running //192.168.0.xxx in the windows search bar which pulls it right up, but I ned to be able to map it to a drive which when I go through the regular process of right clicking network and add network...
  5. Mapping a network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mapping a network drive: I'm trying to connect to a webdav server via the "map network drive feature". I feel like i've had success in the past with entering https://192.168.1.45:5201<---- thats not a real link I can connect to it everywhere else... submitted by /u/rexlx [link] [comments]...
  6. Mapping a network drive using a local network

Mapping a network drive using a local network: Hi. I would like to map my network drive to my desktop from my laptop. I am using a wireless extender how can I map my network drive using my local network?...
  7. Mapping a network drive

Mapping a network drive: I am trying to map a network drive from one Windows 10 PC to a shared USB drive on another Windows 10 PC. I have two USB drives in this PC. One I can share successfully. When I try to map to the other one it keeps asking for Windows credentials. I have password protected...
  8. Map Network drive

Map Network drive: Having an issue with mapping network drive with my local Netgear device. The id/password for attaching to the netgear device is local to the device and is not joined to a domain. My windows 10 laptop is joined to a domain. When I try to map a drive, such as...
  9. Map Network Drive

Map Network Drive: What to do with the following error: "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured: We can't sign you in with this credential because your domain isn't available. Make sure your device is connected to your organization's network...
  10. Unable to map network drive (apparently already mapped)

Unable to map network drive (apparently already mapped): So I want to map a network drive on windows 10 and were able to in the past, but now when I try to log in my server I get the message: The network folder specified is currently mapped using a different user name and password. To connect using a different user name and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant map windows network drive because it says it is already mapped

2. windows 10 network location already mapped

3. how do i view already mapped network drives in win10?

4. network folder is already mapped,
  5. Unable to map network drive (apparently already mapped),
  6. drive is already mapped using different credentials,
  7. windows says network location is already mapped