Windows 10: Map network USB drives connected to my D link router

Discus and support Map network USB drives connected to my D link router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OK, like the title says I can't get my two USB drives to show up on my new 10 Pro 64 box we just built. It sees my win7 ultimate box fine and all it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dartman, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Dartman Win User

Map network USB drives connected to my D link router

OK, like the title says I can't get my two USB drives to show up on my new 10 Pro 64 box we just built. It sees my win7 ultimate box fine and all it's shares and my 7 box still sees the USB drives. My old 10 box with a I74960x saw the mapped drives too but this box refuses to see them. I have all the network share things enabled. Win10 Pro 64 21H1 19043.1165 32 gig pc4 Ryzen 3900x Anything I might have missed setting this up?

:)

Dartman, Aug 12, 2021

2. Can't access network drive plugged into the router USB port.

Hi Lionel,

It seems that your USB drive is not mapped on your other laptop that's why it can't see it. For me to properly assist you with this concern, please provide me the following information:

• Is this the first time you're trying to access the USB drive from the second laptop?
    • Have you tried adding or mapping the USB drive as a network drive?
    • Do you know the IP address of your router?

If the USB drive is already shared, then you can start mapping it on the second laptop. Please check out the link Map a network
    drive
    and follow the steps for Windows 10.

In case the above steps won't work, then you may have to access the USB drive using the router's IP address. If you don't know the router's IP, then you can check it from the
    Command Prompt. Just type in cmd in the Cortana search, then press Enter. Once the command prompt window opens, type in
    ipconfig, and press Enter. Whatever Default Gateway appears on the result is your
    router's IP address.

Map network USB drives connected to my D link router 2adff3da-ebdb-4f0d-adc3-4a4dda5e9154?upload=true.png

To access the USB drive using the router's IP, follow these steps:

1. Open the File Explorer.
    2. Click the Network Folder, then clear the path in File Explorer, and replace it with
      \\192.168.2.1 (or whatever router IP you have), then press
      Enter.

Map network USB drives connected to my D link router 689e83b8-12c2-4ed2-a7f0-f834044f8cdf?upload=true.png

3. The USB drive should now show as a shared folder. At this point, you can either
    pin the shared folder to Start, create a shortcut to the desktop, or
    map it as a network drive. You may follow the same steps from the link I provided above.

Please let me know how it goes so I can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 12, 2021
  3. JimD Win User
    Mapped Network Drive Disconnects and Will Not Reconnect

PC: Dell XPS8940
    Router: Netgear R7000 w/ TomatoUSB

• Nine of ten mapped network drives on my desktop PC behave normally! The tenth is a problem. It is mapped to the USB drive connected to my router.
    • Sometimes (days) I cannot connect to this mapped drive and it fails to reconnect. At that point I can still connect to this drive from ALL other devices on my Workgroup LAN. None of those devices have the drive mapped!
    • For a short time, using "Net Use" shows the drive trying reconnect. Later it says "Disconnected".
    • The only way I have found to reconnect to that drive is to perform:
      1. net use U: /delete
      2. net use U: \\HARENET-HD\data
    • This problem has started within the last several months. Maybe it's related to a Windows update??

Help would be appreciated!
    Jim ;{)

4. Map network USB drives connected to my D link router

Unable to Access USB Drive on Wifi Router from laptop

Hi Geonerd,

Giving access to the contents of a USB drive plugged into the USB port of your router to any computers connected to the network is possible.

Since you've mentioned that File Sharing is already enabled on the router page but you still don't have full access to the files on the USB drive, then you may need to map it on your laptop as a network drive. Please see the link
    Map a network drive for the detailed steps.

Let me know how it goes so I can assist you if further assistance is needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

Map network USB drives connected to my D link router

1. Map network USB drives connected to my D link router - Similar Threads - Map network USB

2. Mapping drive D to a directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapping drive D to a directory: Is there a way I can map drive D -- not drive X, Y, Z, or J -- to a directory?To avoid a misunderstanding, I am not asking how to map a drive. I know how to do that. I'm asking if there's a way to map a particular drive that is not in the File Manager > Computer > Map network...
  3. Mapping drive D to a directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapping drive D to a directory: Is there a way I can map drive D -- not drive X, Y, Z, or J -- to a directory?To avoid a misunderstanding, I am not asking how to map a drive. I know how to do that. I'm asking if there's a way to map a particular drive that is not in the File Manager > Computer > Map network...
  4. Mapping drive D to a directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't connect to mapped network drive

Can't connect to mapped network drive: Can't log into drive on another compter because it changed the user email to a different email with a name to an unkown PC that kind of has the correct name but the username on the other computer does not exist with all the junk in the email. When I remote into the other...
  6. Can't connect to mapped network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to mapped network drive: Can't log into drive on another compter because it changed the user email to a different email with a name to an unkown PC that kind of has the correct name but the username on the other computer does not exist with all the junk in the email. When I remote into the other...
  7. Can't connect to mapped network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. USB drive in router

USB drive in router: I notice this topic has come up before but my symptoms are a bit different. I have a USB stick in the port on my router. This is recognised and mapped on a desktop and two laptops. On one laptop, the drive is sometimes unavailable. Maybe for a couple of days. And then...
  9. Mapping a network drive

Mapping a network drive: I am trying to map a network drive from one Windows 10 PC to a shared USB drive on another Windows 10 PC. I have two USB drives in this PC. One I can share successfully. When I try to map to the other one it keeps asking for Windows credentials. I have password protected...
  10. Map Network drive

Map Network drive: Having an issue with mapping network drive with my local Netgear device. The id/password for attaching to the netgear device is local to the device and is not joined to a domain. My windows 10 laptop is joined to a domain. When I try to map a drive, such as...