Windows 10: map networking

Discus and support map networking in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do I map network my music folder it says I don't have permission when I set it up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jeffreycheung1, Jan 27, 2019.

1. map networking

how do I map network my music folder it says I don't have permission when I set it up

:)

jeffreycheung1, Jan 27, 2019
  2. richnich Win User

Network Map not showing all network machines

I have just upgraded 4 W7 machines to W10 to add to our 8 pc LAN. On checking the network map only the same 3 of the 8 are showing. I have pinged with IP and name and obtained a result, also checked advanced sharing settings and all correct and same as existing machines. The network is set to private. Any suggestions how I can get these machines to show the full network map

richnich, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    Map Network For Program with Clients

In order for your computers to have a successful file-sharing, a Homegroup is recommended. We also suggest that you do the following network commands found on this

link
    . And to make sure you are properly mapping the network drives across your computers, please follow the steps provided on this article:

Map a network drive.

Please keep us posted.

Nick Dich, Jan 27, 2019
  4. map networking

Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

map networking

1. map networking - Similar Threads - map networking

2. Unable to map network drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to map network drive: I was recently having troubles with sshfs-win. Explorer just sometimes begins to hang, without any change to anything.I then ran the command `net use Y: /delete`. It removed the sshfs mapped drive. Now I cannot re-map the drive.How can I use the drive letter Y: again?The...
  3. File Explorer crashes or freezes while accessing Mapped Network Drives

in Windows 10 News
    File Explorer crashes or freezes while accessing Mapped Network Drives: [ATTACH]If File Explorer crashes or freezes while accessing Mapped Network Drives on your Windows 11/10 system, this post may help you fix it. This issue prevents users from accessing the data inside the mapped network drives because every time users try to access them, File...
  4. Mapping a network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapping a network drive: I have been having a particular issue trying to connect any of the 10 laptops in our office to the shared drive over the network. Mapping network drive will not work if the laptop was set up as a "work or school account" when setting it up new. It will, however, map net work...
  5. Mapped Network Drive keep getting disconnect

Mapped Network Drive keep getting disconnect: i bought a new MS Surface 3 and do all the update. Map my network drive and start using it. When I restart my laptop next day I can no longer access the network work drive from file explorer. It keep prompting me drive is not accessible or it is in use?I am able to access the...
  6. Map network USB drives connected to my D link router

Map network USB drives connected to my D link router: OK, like the title says I can't get my two USB drives to show up on my new 10 Pro 64 box we just built. It sees my win7 ultimate box fine and all it's shares and my 7 box still sees the USB drives. My old 10 box with a I74960x saw the mapped drives too but this box refuses to...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 - Unable to map network drive USB drive attached to Linksys...

Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 - Unable to map network drive USB drive attached to Linksys...: Help Please!!!Why is my PC running ...Windows 10 ProVersion 20H2Installed on ‎7/‎21/‎2021OS build 19042.1165Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0Unable to see the USB Drive attached to my Linksys EA9300 Max-Stream AC4000 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router? This is...
  8. Network drive not reconnecting yet files accessible via mapped drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network drive not reconnecting yet files accessible via mapped drive: My backups to a NAS drive haven't worked for a couple of weeks after several year's of working successfully and it looks like a network problem. Here's the gist:I am able to view files contained on my NAS drive by using a Mapped drive in File Explorer - yet it doesn't appear...
  9. Why does windows explorer fail to show mapped local network storage when the internet...

Why does windows explorer fail to show mapped local network storage when the internet...: I have several PC's on a Local network, and that network is also connected to the internet modem. When the internet is down for any reason, the local network is still functional. So why does windows explorer not show mapped drives to the network storage devices when the...
  10. Can't map a network drive

Can't map a network drive: I'm having issues mapping a network drive on a computer only with a certain user. If I log on as another user it works fine. Both profiles have admin privileges. I've never seen this happen before...