Windows 10: Map printer for all users on a single windows 10 computer

Discus and support Map printer for all users on a single windows 10 computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a printer attached locally to a computer and shared through the network. The shared printer is mapped to a computer but only one user is able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Map printer for all users on a single windows 10 computer

I have a printer attached locally to a computer and shared through the network. The shared printer is mapped to a computer but only one user is able to access it on that computer. I want the printer that is already mapped on the computer to just be available automatically to all the users on the computer. Every user in question have already had domain profiles loaded on the local machine prior to the printer being mapped.

The drivers are already there, the permissions are set properly, and the computer already knows the printer exists and can print to it.

So why does every single user have to go through the process of mapping the printer when the computer already knows every piece of information it needs to use the printer?

Why would a GPO even be necessary at this point? All the information is already present and properly configured, so it should just be available to all users at startup.

:)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, Sep 5, 2019

2. Printer spooler issue in Windows 10 with Canon printer

Hello,

User profile corruption is one of the possible reasons why you are encountering issues with your printer in Windows 10. We suggest adding a new user account on your computer and see if the same issue will occur on a new user profile. To do this, simply follow
    the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family & other people > Add
      someone else to this PC

• Type a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

You can also try and check the printer manufacturer's website to see if they have released any updated drivers for Windows 10.

Once you are done with the steps, get back to us with the result.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Setting Default Printer via Startup Script

This looks like a good solution, and similar to some of the VB scripts I tried.. but it is a logon script. I would need something that works as a startup script. We are not mapping printers to users as they move around too much, but rather mapping to each computer.

The Link that W1ZZARD posted is good information. Sadly however, I have tried utilizing most of the commands that are available. The /c command is indeed interesting, but we are trying to map them when a computer starts up (prior to logon screen) versus just mapping them remotely. The purpose would be if we had a lab that needed the default printer changed, sure we could just send the remote command to each machine, or even remote into them ourselves and manually do it, but I was looking for a smoother alternative.

It seems like its just something that will have to be done manually and with user education.

Thanks for all the suggestions though.

Wastedslayer, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Map printer for all users on a single windows 10 computer

Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Map printer for all users on a single windows 10 computer

1. Map printer for all users on a single windows 10 computer - Similar Threads - Map printer users

2. Map network drive to computer without user sign in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Map network drive to computer without user sign in: Hello all,I need to map a cloud drive to the file server. It works when I manually map it but it needs to be available after the server restarts without requiring user sign in. I created a PowerShell script and works when I run it with a regular user and maps the drive. The...
  3. Map network drive to computer without user sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Map network drive to computer without user sign in: Hello all,I need to map a cloud drive to the file server. It works when I manually map it but it needs to be available after the server restarts without requiring user sign in. I created a PowerShell script and works when I run it with a regular user and maps the drive. The...
  4. Map network drive to computer without user sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All user on computer locked

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    All user on computer locked: All user on computer locked.Please suggest how do unlock admin user.Please Reply with Resolution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-user-on-computer-locked/33f7cc8d-05e3-43fd-8168-bafbdf6de59c
  6. How to list all the installed Printers on Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 News
    How to list all the installed Printers on Windows 10 computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You can install multiple printers on a Windows computer. Now when you have installed many Printer, you may want to list all the installed printers. Today we will show you how to carry out this task using different. methods. List [...] This post How to list...
  7. Remote Desktop printer mapping with Windows 10 Home

Remote Desktop printer mapping with Windows 10 Home: I set up Remote Desktop on a brand new Windows 10 Home computer to attach to a Remote Desktop server at work. The session attaches to the server with no problem, but no local printers are showing up at all. And yes, the "Printers" check box is checked for using local...
  8. Pinning Device/Printers for all users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinning Device/Printers for all users: in bold the line i put in my xml to have "Device and Printers" for all user: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <LayoutModificationTemplate xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/Start/2014/LayoutModification"...
  9. How to Set a Printer as the Default for All Users on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Set a Printer as the Default for All Users on Windows 10: I need to set a network printer as the default printer for all users (several thousand) on a particular workstation. Thoughts?...
  10. Map network drive for all users?

Map network drive for all users?: Is there a way to map a network drive for all users? Thanks in advance for any and all insight. 84094

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 map pinter for all users