Windows 10: Mapped drive disconnected after reboots

Discus and support Mapped drive disconnected after reboots in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since fall creators update I am seeing one of my mapped NAS drives always in a disconnected state after a reboot. It’s easily fixed by clicking the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Scottyboy99, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Mapped drive disconnected after reboots

Since fall creators update I am seeing one of my mapped NAS drives always in a disconnected state after a reboot. It’s easily fixed by clicking the drive displaying the red x in explorer to establish the connection. But it seems strange that this has only started after fall creators and is the only one of three mapped drives doing this. And this same mapped drive is mapped in identical state to another machine running fall creators with no such issue. Any ideas on how to fix this? Or why it is happening. It’s only a minor niggle and can live with it as there are no pressing dependencies on the mapped drive but would be nice if there was an easy quick fix

thanks, Wayne

:)

Scottyboy99, Oct 21, 2017
  2. BTR63 Win User

Windows 10 losing access to network drives

This worked for me. For about 10 minutes, rebooting my cable modem resolved the issue but then my mapped drives disconnected again and wouldn't reconnect. Then I tried:

sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend=bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi

sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start=disabled

reboot

and that resolved my problem for now anyway - we'll see how it goes after a while.

BTR63, Oct 21, 2017
  3. TJNoffy Win User
    W10 Home: Can only map ONE WD My Book Live share at a time??

I have some wonky things going on with my new Dell Inspiron 13 7000 running Windows 10 Home. When I map a share on my 3TB WD My Book Live network storage, it works fine. When I attempt to map a second share with different credentials on the same WD storage
    device, Windows comes up with an error that the share requires a different user name or password. This happens for any of several shares on the WD device, and I am certain that I am using the correct credentials... I even accessed the WD unit's admin portal
    and reset the passwords, with no luck.

However, once I disconnect the first successfully mapped drive, I can map another share (but only one other share).

Related to this glitch...

• With one network drive properly connected, and after unsuccessfully attempting to map a second drive (with different credentials), i rebooted Windows 10 Home. When it booted back up, the network drive that was successfully mapped and connected before the
      reboot had a red X and I couldn't access it. It prompted me for a user name and password when I tried to open it, and the user name for the OTHER share (that I had tried unsuccessfully to map for the reboot) was in the credential dialog that came
      up.

• When I tried to unmap/disconnect the mapped drive that I could no longer access (right-click/Disconnect), no error for disconnecting came up - it acted as if the disconnect was successful. However the drive (still with the red X) stayed listed in Windows
      Explorer (left and ride sides under This PC). When I tried to open it, it said that the drive was not connected, yet it was still listed.
    • Even when I disconnect a network drive that is properly connected in Windows Explorer, the drive disappears from the right side listing of drives under This PC, but isn't removed from the left side list of items under This PC.
    Windows 10 Home is apparently having trouble keeping credentials straight for mapped drives, as would be indicated in my first bullet, above. It seems that when one attempts to map a second network drive, even though that process prompts for user credentials
    for the second network share, Windows seems to use the credentials for the first, successfully mapped share instead, which is, of course, unsuccessful.

Additionally, as my second and third bullets point out, adding/removing network shares in Windows Explorer is just wonky and needs some bugs fixed. Removing share drives should remove their icons from both sides of Windows Explorer and not leave a remnant
    icon behind.

Anyway, are these known issues in Windows 10 Home? If so, are they slated to get fixed? Or, am I doing something wrong?

Thank you

TJNoffy, Oct 21, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Mapped drive disconnected after reboots

Remove it and then reboot and see if you can map it again. It should have reconnect at login checked. You can always do it from the Command Window.

bro67, Oct 22, 2017
Thema:

Mapped drive disconnected after reboots

1. Mapped drive disconnected after reboots - Similar Threads - Mapped drive disconnected

2. Windows 10 disconnects drive mappings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 disconnects drive mappings: Roughly weekly, all of my drive mappings to my NAS device get wiped out by Windows 10. My NAS is a Seagate Blackarmor 220, and runs a Linux-based OS. I can ping the address fine, and I was able to map folders on it until recently. It refused to let me access any of the...
  3. Windows 10 disconnects drive mappings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 disconnects drive mappings: Roughly weekly, all of my drive mappings to my NAS device get wiped out by Windows 10. My NAS is a Seagate Blackarmor 220, and runs a Linux-based OS. I can ping the address fine, and I was able to map folders on it until recently. It refused to let me access any of the...
  4. Mapped Network Drive Disconnects and Will Not Reconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped Network Drive Disconnects and Will Not Reconnect: OS:Windows 10 V20H2 PC: Dell XPS8940 Router: Netgear R7000 w/ TomatoUSB Nine of ten mapped network drives on my desktop PC behave normally! The tenth is a problem. It is mapped to the USB drive connected to my router.Sometimes (days) I cannot connect to this mapped drive and...
  5. SMBv1 mapped drive disconnect after restart

SMBv1 mapped drive disconnect after restart: This is the same symptoms as described in: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapped-drive-disconnects-after-reboot-in-windows/32bbc026-97a9-4583-9f6e-2a9198351c4f But since it is locked, i am "resurrecting" it here. I have two mapped drive to a windows...
  6. Mapped Drives Disconnect on reboot

Mapped Drives Disconnect on reboot: We have several workstations running Windows 10 on the same domain. Each workstation has mapped drives to access common shared folders on the Domain Server. We purchased several new Dell Workstations and configured the mapped drives the same way they are configured on the...
  7. mapped drive disconnects after reboot in windows 2004

mapped drive disconnects after reboot in windows 2004: [ATTACH] after windows 2004 update from 1909 mapped drive is disconnecting all the time after reboot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapped-drive-disconnects-after-reboot-in-windows/32bbc026-97a9-4583-9f6e-2a9198351c4f
  8. Mapped Drive will not connect after reboot

Mapped Drive will not connect after reboot: After a recent windows update I have had multiple issues with my network drives on my home network. Some of these were caused by my router which I have replaced. Now I have all but one drive working correctly. I cannot figure out the one remaining problem. If I map the...
  9. Mapped drive "Disconnected"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mapped drive "Disconnected": So I'm having a issue where a mapped drive Windows 10 is showing Disconnected with the red X sometimes when powering on.. Even though it's saying it's disconnected I can still access all the files in it.. The main part of the issue is a software is pulling data from the...
  10. Unable to disconnect Mapped drive

Unable to disconnect Mapped drive: I used to have all the network drives mapped using a GPO, however, I have now moved all the network files into the cloud (G Suite). Therefore, I have removed the GPO that mapped the drives and use Google's File Stream, which automatically maps the G: drive. Whenever, I log...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 network drive disconnected after reboot