Windows 10: mapped drive disconnects after reboot in windows 2004

Discus and support mapped drive disconnects after reboot in windows 2004 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] after windows 2004 update from 1909 mapped drive is disconnecting all the time after reboot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Niresh Karmacharya, Jul 27, 2020.

1. mapped drive disconnects after reboot in windows 2004

mapped drive disconnects after reboot in windows 2004 0a9676a2-ae58-45c8-ab1f-c5e688218531?upload=true.jpg

after windows 2004 update from 1909 mapped drive is disconnecting all the time after reboot.

:)

Niresh Karmacharya, Jul 27, 2020

2. Mapped drive disconnected after reboots

Since fall creators update I am seeing one of my mapped NAS drives always in a disconnected state after a reboot. It’s easily fixed by clicking the drive displaying the red x in explorer to establish the connection. But it seems strange that this has only started after fall creators and is the only one of three mapped drives doing this. And this same mapped drive is mapped in identical state to another machine running fall creators with no such issue. Any ideas on how to fix this? Or why it is happening. It’s only a minor niggle and can live with it as there are no pressing dependencies on the mapped drive but would be nice if there was an easy quick fix

thanks, Wayne

Scottyboy99, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Petereye Win User
    windows 10 forgetting mapped drives after reboot after 2004 update

Windows 10 32bit 2004
    After update all my mapped drives lost connections, I disconnected each drive and re mapped andI can access all drives
    normally. After a reboot all connections fail , i can remap drives and they all work until the next reboot all all are marked to reconnect. Ran SFC and Dism no problems . I ended up reverting back to 1909 and everything working ok.
    I have a couple other Pc's 64bit that have not been updated and now I am afraid of the same issue with them .
    Any Advice?

Petereye, Jul 27, 2020
  4. mapped drive disconnects after reboot in windows 2004

Mapped drive is disconnected after reboot

Hello,

I have a computer that runs Windows 10, I have a mapped drive to a network share, after I reboot my PC Windows Explorer display a red "X" on the icon of the mapped drive. However, if I try to access or
    browse the mapped drive, it reconnects quickly. It is not a big problem for me but I do have backup software running and when drive is disconnected I get an error message. What can I do to prevent my network drive from disconnecting?

TeckTheKid, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

mapped drive disconnects after reboot in windows 2004

1. mapped drive disconnects after reboot in windows 2004 - Similar Threads - mapped drive disconnects

2. Windows 10 disconnects drive mappings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 disconnects drive mappings: Roughly weekly, all of my drive mappings to my NAS device get wiped out by Windows 10. My NAS is a Seagate Blackarmor 220, and runs a Linux-based OS. I can ping the address fine, and I was able to map folders on it until recently. It refused to let me access any of the...
  3. SMBv1 mapped drive disconnect after restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SMBv1 mapped drive disconnect after restart: This is the same symptoms as described in: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapped-drive-disconnects-after-reboot-in-windows/32bbc026-97a9-4583-9f6e-2a9198351c4f But since it is locked, i am "resurrecting" it here. I have two mapped drive to a windows...
  4. Mapped Drives Disconnect on reboot

Mapped Drives Disconnect on reboot: We have several workstations running Windows 10 on the same domain. Each workstation has mapped drives to access common shared folders on the Domain Server. We purchased several new Dell Workstations and configured the mapped drives the same way they are configured on the...
  5. Mapped Drive will not connect after reboot

Mapped Drive will not connect after reboot: After a recent windows update I have had multiple issues with my network drives on my home network. Some of these were caused by my router which I have replaced. Now I have all but one drive working correctly. I cannot figure out the one remaining problem. If I map the...
  6. windows 10 forgetting mapped drives after reboot after 2004 update

windows 10 forgetting mapped drives after reboot after 2004 update: Windows 10 32bit 2004 After update all my mapped drives lost connections, I disconnected each drive and re mapped andI can access all drives normally. After a reboot all connections fail , i can remap drives and they all work until the next reboot all all are marked to...
  7. windows 10 forgetting mapped drives after reboot after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 forgetting mapped drives after reboot after 2004 update: Windows 10 32bit 2004 After update all my mapped drives lost connections, I disconnected each drive and re mapped andI can access all drives normally. After a reboot all connections fail , i can remap drives and they all work until the next reboot all all are marked to...
  8. Mapped drive "Disconnected"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mapped drive "Disconnected": So I'm having a issue where a mapped drive Windows 10 is showing Disconnected with the red X sometimes when powering on.. Even though it's saying it's disconnected I can still access all the files in it.. The main part of the issue is a software is pulling data from the...
  9. Unable to disconnect Mapped drive

Unable to disconnect Mapped drive: I used to have all the network drives mapped using a GPO, however, I have now moved all the network files into the cloud (G Suite). Therefore, I have removed the GPO that mapped the drives and use Google's File Stream, which automatically maps the G: drive. Whenever, I log...
  10. Mapped drive disconnected after reboots

Mapped drive disconnected after reboots: Since fall creators update I am seeing one of my mapped NAS drives always in a disconnected state after a reboot. It’s easily fixed by clicking the drive displaying the red x in explorer to establish the connection. But it seems strange that this has only started after fall...