Windows 10: Mapped drive to Synology NAS transfer speeds

Discus and support Mapped drive to Synology NAS transfer speeds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Does anyone have s Synology NAS? I have one and mapped it to a drive letter and could see all the files on it without problems. However when i try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaveHook, Apr 13, 2020.

1. DaveHook Win User

Mapped drive to Synology NAS transfer speeds

Does anyone have s Synology NAS? I have one and mapped it to a drive letter and could see all the files on it without problems. However when i try to do a backup to it ot transfer files the transfer speed is single digit kbs. I must be doing something wrong. Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks

:)

DaveHook, Apr 13, 2020
  2. yanard3 Win User

Why can't I map my synology nas network drive?

I used to be able to see my drives in windows explorer but now they do not show up so I can't map the drives. I have to use the 'Synology Assistant' to find and map my NAS .. Why?? Also it was much easier to map everything and now I must map each folder
    separately using the 'Synology Assistant' so there are several drives instead of one.

yanard3, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer cannot access Synology NAS

I am using a HP laptop with Windows 10 Home and suddenly over the last several days a Synology NAS cannot be accessed from the laptop.

More information:

The version of Windows 10 Home - 1803

I have two other PC in the house and both can access the Synology NAS

I also have several Android tablets - they can access the NAS

On the laptop (with the issue) I also have a Synology management software product - It CAN access the NAS and open files

I originally mapped the NAS several months ago on the laptop and the mapped drives worked as expected until yesterday,

Yesterday I started getting messages saying "… the network path was not found." every time I tried to access/map the NAS

After several reboots of the laptop (yesterday) I was finally able to map the NAS, but only by typing in "\\ (NAS Name) \" before I started the mapping process.

This morning the same mapping (that worked yesterday evening) is not working and giving the same error message I saw yesterday morning.

Just to recap

Running laptop - windows 10 Home (1803)

Mapped NAS drives worked fine until yesterday

Synology management software on same PC can access the NAS and open files

Several other PCs can open files

I was able to re-establish connections yesterday by specifying the NAS name when I restarted the mapping

Today the mapping does not work (again).

WilliamToombs, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Mapped drive to Synology NAS transfer speeds

Synology NAS drive dosen't appear in Explorer

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand that the Synology NAS drive doesn't appear in File Explorer.

I suggest that you post this query in our dedicated TechNet Forum
    for better resolution. Click on the following link to post your query.

Technet forums - Windows 10 Networking

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Mapped drive to Synology NAS transfer speeds

1. Mapped drive to Synology NAS transfer speeds - Similar Threads - Mapped drive Synology

2. File Transfer Speed from Windows 11 to Synology NAS is VERY SLOW vs. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Transfer Speed from Windows 11 to Synology NAS is VERY SLOW vs. Windows 10: I have a new Windows 11 PC and I'm noticing that the file sharing to my Synology NAS is very slow vs when I transferred files from my older Windows 10 PC. File Transfer Speeds:Windows 11 to NAS DS1520+ = 11.5 MB/s Windows 11 to Windows 10 = 112 MB/s much fasterFile size =...
  3. File Transfer Speed from Windows 11 to Synology NAS is VERY SLOW vs. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Transfer Speed from Windows 11 to Synology NAS is VERY SLOW vs. Windows 10: I have a new Windows 11 PC and I'm noticing that the file sharing to my Synology NAS is very slow vs when I transferred files from my older Windows 10 PC. File Transfer Speeds:Windows 11 to NAS DS1520+ = 11.5 MB/s Windows 11 to Windows 10 = 112 MB/s much fasterFile size =...
  4. Access Synology NAS on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Synology NAS on network: When attempting to access the folders and files on my Synology DS418play I'm confronted with "You do no have permission to access\\DS418Play Contact your administror to obtain permission."I've seen reference on the web to this predicament many times in an attempt to solve...
  5. Map NAS Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Map NAS Drive: I just purchased a new computer and would like to map my NAS drive. I was able to do this with my old computer but for some reason, the NAS does not show up as a computer on the new one. I can see the NAS drive as a media and other device but cannot map the drive from here....
  6. Unable to map NAS drive

Unable to map NAS drive: I have a NAS drive (WD My Cloud Mirror) that was originally set up and mapped to an older laptop of mine. I have not used this NAS drive in a while. I recently dusted off the drive and tried to connect it to my new laptop when I ran into difficulties. The NAS drive is...
  7. WIN10 / SYnology NAS

WIN10 / SYnology NAS: Howdy, A couple months ago I had an update and suddenly every time the PC goes to "sleep" I lose connection to My NAS. The odd thing is I can see the folders even though the show as a mapped drive they show an with an X. Once I try to access a file it says it can't find...
  8. NAS transfer speeds

NAS transfer speeds: Whats a good speed for transferring files from PC to NAS? I am currently transferring a single large file from the PC to the NAS and its getting a speed of around 20mb/s. The connection between me and the NAS is powerline 1200 with gigabit ports and cat 6 cables. The route...
  9. Can't connect to Synology NAS

Can't connect to Synology NAS: I hope you can help, thanks... I don't have the password for our new Sysnology NAS (I suffered from a stroke just as I was re-installing the NAS last June). Is there anyway to get access to the data that was copied into the NAS please? Thanks! 75145
  10. MediaMonkey and (Synology) NAS Problem

MediaMonkey and (Synology) NAS Problem: I noticed that Macrium Reflect Free had stared to fail on scheduled backups and in fact was unable to connect to my NAS nor could file explorer, both using the server name. Connection could be made using the IP address. I could see the NAS as a media device but not as a...