Windows 10: Mapped Drive

Discus and support Mapped Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have two mapped network drives, one is 1 tb, the other is 10tb. The issue is that when I go into This PC in the file explorer, windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichaelTuggle, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Mapped Drive

Hello,

I have two mapped network drives, one is 1 tb, the other is 10tb. The issue is that when I go into This PC in the file explorer, windows shows that they have 87.7mb free of 92.9mb. This is true for all drives mapped, no matter the size or what is on them. This hasn't been an issue in the past, but I am attempting to use a program that backs up my files and it is returning an error that there isn't enough space on the drive.

Why does windows think my drives are so small, and how can I fix it?

:)

MichaelTuggle, Dec 2, 2019
  2. rhegde Win User

Suggestions for Maps/Drive

Some more suggestions

- When you set a destination in drive, you should be able to set an address which is existing in the contact list

- You should be able to view all step by step navigations. right now you are not able to see complete direction steps.

rhegde, Dec 4, 2019
  3. CraigS Win User
    Work Mapped drives not working at home.

Hello All.

I have a user at work that has a laptop as her main work use (docking station at work, then takes it home to work at home).
    we have a list of mapped network drives that we use here, including a personal drive.

however when this user gets home or off the network, the personal drive seems to become inactive/go missing.

there are no USB drives that interfere with the network drives, and i am lost looking for solutions.

any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

CraigS, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Mapped Drive

Unable to disconnect Mapped drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned that you have removed the mapped drives through GPO and still the drive keeps appearing, I suggest you to try removing the mapped drive by running the Net use command in Command Prompt and see if that helps. Please follow the
    steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + S, and type Command Prompt.
    2. Right click on the Command Prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, type net use f: \\financial\public /delete
      (Replace f: \\financial\public with the drive name)

For more information on Net use command, you can refer the article
    Net use

If the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query in TechNet
    forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on the GPO and mapped drivers to assist you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Mapped Drive

1. Mapped Drive - Similar Threads - Mapped Drive

2. The solution to "Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The solution to "Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer": Microsoft closed at least one discussion concerning the above error message in quotes from one user.I had the same problem and not one of the suggestions Microsoft presented worked.What I did that created this problem was run the cmd shell as administrator.What I did to...
  3. The solution to "Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The solution to "Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer": Microsoft closed at least one discussion concerning the above error message in quotes from one user.I had the same problem and not one of the suggestions Microsoft presented worked.What I did that created this problem was run the cmd shell as administrator.What I did to...
  4. The solution to "Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer 2024

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer 2024: Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer - Microsoft CommunityI have the same issue on Windows 10 Azure. Followed the steps in the link above but non of them worked. Disk Management drives were not vissibleCMD net use drive location was vissibleVIA Internet broswer it was...
  6. Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer 2024

Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer 2024: Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer - Microsoft CommunityI have the same issue on Windows 10 Azure. Followed the steps in the link above but non of them worked. Disk Management drives were not vissibleCMD net use drive location was vissibleVIA Internet broswer it was...
  7. Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer 2024

8. Not able to map network drive or it keep dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to map network drive or it keep dropping: Hi, On some user when they log in they cant connect to an network drive but after 10 minutes its fine but for some user it will disconnect while they got documents open...
  9. Not able to map network drive or it keep dropping

Not able to map network drive or it keep dropping: Hi, On some user when they log in they cant connect to an network drive but after 10 minutes its fine but for some user it will disconnect while they got documents open...
  10. Not able to map network drive or it keep dropping

Users found this page by searching for:

1. losing mapped network drive when unplugged from docking station 2019