Windows 10: mapped drives does not stay connected

Discus and support mapped drives does not stay connected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all I need some help with the network drives. I set up a user who will be working from home. The machine has local account, I created VPN and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by manpreetkaur6, Nov 20, 2019.

1. mapped drives does not stay connected

Hi all

I need some help with the network drives. I set up a user who will be working from home. The machine has local account, I created VPN and mapped drives. The drives do not stay connected after the reboot. They just disappear. The machine has windows 10 1903 version.

Thanks

Manpreet

:)

manpreetkaur6, Nov 20, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Map Network Drive in Windows 10

Hello cognus, mapped drives does not stay connected :)

I find the best way to keep a mapped drive always available is to use OPTION ONE and select Reconnect at sign-in at step 5.

The (Remains connected after next logon) command in the other options should work for you as well though.

It's normal for the mapped drive to have a red X on it after not being used for a while, but clicking on the drive should have it be automatically connected again after a short wait sorta like waiting for a HDD to spin back up after being turned off when idle.

I'm not aware of a way to keep a mapped drive to always stay active.

Brink, Nov 20, 2019
  3. LuvMyPC Win User
    mapped drives do not stay mapped upon boot

Am attempting to keep my mapped drives connected. Think the PC boots too fast for network card to connect before mapped drives try. Have tried slowing boot down but that does not help. Have also changed Function Discovery services to no avail.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

LuvMyPC, Nov 20, 2019
  4. rhegde Win User

mapped drives does not stay connected

Suggestions for Maps/Drive

Some more suggestions

- When you set a destination in drive, you should be able to set an address which is existing in the contact list

- You should be able to view all step by step navigations. right now you are not able to see complete direction steps.

rhegde, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

mapped drives does not stay connected

1. mapped drives does not stay connected - Similar Threads - mapped drives does

2. Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives: I can no longer access NAS devices. I have 2 NAS: Synology DS420+ and WDEX4100, that I have been using for several years, mapped to Y and Z respectively. A couple days ago, I lost connectivity. Came in to my office in the morning and the drives were gone from File Explorer. I...
  3. Hard drive will not stay connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive will not stay connected: Dell XPS 8950 - purchased new in April 2023Windows 11 HomeI have 1 SSD C: and 2 HDD D: & J: drives installed. The J: drive keeps disconnecting; sometimes while I am working, and sometimes it won't connect when I boot. I have not been able to detect any particular pattern to...
  4. Hard drive will not stay connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive will not stay connected: Dell XPS 8950 - purchased new in April 2023Windows 11 HomeI have 1 SSD C: and 2 HDD D: & J: drives installed. The J: drive keeps disconnecting; sometimes while I am working, and sometimes it won't connect when I boot. I have not been able to detect any particular pattern to...
  5. Samba Share/ Legacy Drive Mapping not staying Connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samba Share/ Legacy Drive Mapping not staying Connected: Hello All, I have an issue where we need to map a network drive to Windows 10/11 Pro Laptops. For the Windows 10 Pro laptops, I can successfully Map the Drive letter Q: to the machine useing a net use cmd script as such. net use Q: \\192.xxx.xx.x\etc\etc /user:uname pw...
  6. Samba Share/ Legacy Drive Mapping not staying Connected

Samba Share/ Legacy Drive Mapping not staying Connected: Hello All, I have an issue where we need to map a network drive to Windows 10/11 Pro Laptops. For the Windows 10 Pro laptops, I can successfully Map the Drive letter Q: to the machine useing a net use cmd script as such. net use Q: \\192.xxx.xx.x\etc\etc /user:uname pw...
  7. Samba Share/ Legacy Drive Mapping not staying Connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. PC does not stay Internet Connected

PC does not stay Internet Connected: My machine is Intel QuadCore i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 32 GB RAM, running MS Windows 10 Home v. 1803, build 17134.228 on an MSI B75MA-P45 motherboard with a SAMSUNG SSD main drive.It has RealTek High Definition Audio and a SAMSUNG U28D590D VDU driven by an NVIDIA QUADRO K620...
  9. Unable to connect to mapped drives

Unable to connect to mapped drives: I am having trouble connecting to previously accessible mapped drives. Other office PCs are able to connect without difficulty. I am on a wired Ethernet connection and don't have any difficulty connecting to internet or networked printers. I can RDP to the server that the...
  10. Unable to connect to mapped drives

Unable to connect to mapped drives: Well, not exactly. I have NAS drives and mapped them just like I did on my Windows 7 laptop. It all works fine and the NAS drives show up just fine in network link too. Everything is Ethernet connected. But I see anomalies. If I reboot my machine, or even turn it off and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mapped drive wont stay connected