Windows 10: Mapped Drives Freezing/crashing on Log in when not connected to internet/domain

Discus and support Mapped Drives Freezing/crashing on Log in when not connected to internet/domain in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am working on a laptop for one of the clients at my work, and for there job they require to have a mapped drive specific to there department on there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alexandre_P_Tavares, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Mapped Drives Freezing/crashing on Log in when not connected to internet/domain

I am working on a laptop for one of the clients at my work, and for there job they require to have a mapped drive specific to there department on there machine to save and access files while working either at there desk or onsite location. this laptop is not out of the ordinary just one of many we have, all have mapped drives and do not have this issue. for some reason this laptop when started up without access to the server, the laptop will sign in properly but will show a blank screen and the taskbar for 30min to up to 1hr before it shows icons and works properly. the laptop has barely any f

:)

Alexandre_P_Tavares, Dec 6, 2021

2. How can I get this mapped drive to reauthenticat at login

I'm trying to get this mapped drive on an xp machine to reauthenticate when the computer reboots or is logged back in. The account the user uses is on a domain that is currently unavailable (server failure). The physical drive being mapped is on the other server which has the other domain here.

Now i can login as another user i create on the domain, check reconnect at login no problem. But the next day files won't open unless she clicks the drive and enters the user password there. its not a big intervention, but id like it to be seemless.

Suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Dec 6, 2021
  3. I can't log in and domain problems

Hi Tucker,

There are several factors which might have affected the log in issue, namely: a restriction set by the network domain administrator, if your computer is connected to a network domain; or a recent update or program installed prior to the issue. To help you
    resolve the log-in issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Were there any changes made prior to the issue, or before the PC was reset?
    • Are you using a PC connected to a network domain?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have done in an attempt to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your prompt response.

Vanessa Oca, Dec 6, 2021
  4. peach1971 Win User

Mapped Drives Freezing/crashing on Log in when not connected to internet/domain

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

Mapped Drives Freezing/crashing on Log in when not connected to internet/domain

1. Mapped Drives Freezing/crashing on Log in when not connected to internet/domain - Similar Threads - Mapped Drives Freezing

2. Mapped Drives Freezing/crashing on Log in when not connected to internet/domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapped Drives Freezing/crashing on Log in when not connected to internet/domain: I am working on a laptop for one of the clients at my work, and for there job they require to have a mapped drive specific to there department on there machine to save and access files while working either at there desk or onsite location. this laptop is not out of the...
  3. Mapped Drives Freezing/crashing on Log in when not connected to internet/domain

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mapped Drives Freezing/crashing on Log in when not connected to internet/domain: I am working on a laptop for one of the clients at my work, and for there job they require to have a mapped drive specific to there department on there machine to save and access files while working either at there desk or onsite location. this laptop is not out of the...
  4. File Explorer crashes or freezes while accessing Mapped Network Drives

in Windows 10 News
    File Explorer crashes or freezes while accessing Mapped Network Drives: [ATTACH]If File Explorer crashes or freezes while accessing Mapped Network Drives on your Windows 11/10 system, this post may help you fix it. This issue prevents users from accessing the data inside the mapped network drives because every time users try to access them, File...
  5. Unable to connect to mapped drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to mapped drives: I am having trouble connecting to previously accessible mapped drives. Other office PCs are able to connect without difficulty. I am on a wired Ethernet connection and don't have any difficulty connecting to internet or networked printers. I can RDP to the server that the...
  6. Laptop freezes when connected to the internet

Laptop freezes when connected to the internet: My laptop freezes when connect to the internet via Wifi even though the connection is still. This happens only when opening a site; there autamatically several tabs are opened andthen suddenly laptop is freezed. No problem with updating apps, virus scans etc.and email....
  7. No internet and cannot connect to domain

No internet and cannot connect to domain: I have several Lenovo N23 computers and I am having serious issues with our internet connectivity. Recently, all the computers are unable to join the domain and have no connectivity to the internet. The problem is further compounded because these computers do not have an...
  8. Browsers crash and freeze up - but only when joined to domain.

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers crash and freeze up - but only when joined to domain.: We have just upgraded from 8.1 to 10 Enterprise at the school were I work. In many classrooms we started receiving reports of browsers crashing and freezing up momentarily. This happens most often with Chrome but I have seen it with Firefox and Edge. We tried...
  9. Internet connection freezes

Internet connection freezes: Like the title says, my internet connection has been freezing constantly and I haven't been able to fix it through the basic Device Manager options. It's only this PC that gets this problem, my phone and other devices don't get this. I use speedtest.net to check for...
  10. Unable to connect to mapped drives

Unable to connect to mapped drives: Well, not exactly. I have NAS drives and mapped them just like I did on my Windows 7 laptop. It all works fine and the NAS drives show up just fine in network link too. Everything is Ethernet connected. But I see anomalies. If I reboot my machine, or even turn it off and...