Windows 10: Mapped Drives Issues

Discus and support Mapped Drives Issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 OS Build 18362.900. This is my home computer running in a work group. I have two NAS devices on the network.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fatpat, Jul 3, 2020.

1. fatpat Win User

Mapped Drives Issues

I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 OS Build 18362.900. This is my home computer running in a work group. I have two NAS devices on the network. All of my home computers have mapped drives pointing to the two NAS devices. All of the computers except my main machine have no issues with the mapped drives.

On may Main machine the mapped drives would never reconnect when I booted the machine. The drives would appear windows explorer's left hand frame with a red X. If I clicked on the either of the two drives, Windows would pop-up a message saying there was an error reconnecting but then would proceed to connect and display the drive contents in the right hand frame of Windows Explore. After that the red X would disappear and they would function as normal.

Two days ago Windows explore stopped displaying the mapped drives. I can ping the drives. I see the drives under the network tab. If I right click on the NAS drive and then click open the drive folders display in Windows Explore. If I try to re-map the drives, Win Explore says they are already mapped and displays them in the mapped list. If i use the "Net Use" command it displays the two mapped drives indicating that they are already mapped. I've tried the "disconnect network drive" option and then re-added the network drives.

I still can't get the drives to list in the the left hand drive list in Windows Explorer. It's a real pain to go thru the network devices -> right click -> open sequence every time I need to access the NAS drives.

How can I fix this issue?

:)

fatpat, Jul 3, 2020

2. Permission issue, shared drive Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can understand your concern. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the exact error message?
    2. Have you shared all hard drives or any particular folder within the particular hard drive?

Since you have mentioned that you are getting error related to permission issue, please refer to the troubleshooting steps provided by “Azee N” dated June 2nd 2010 on
    Providing permission to drive and try
    providing permission to the drive.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to re-map the drive.

1. Disconnect the drive by right click on the drive and select disconnect (if the drive is mapped).
    2. Then re-map the drive by referring to Map a network drive
      and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Mapped Drives Issues [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Mapped Drives Issues

little cat, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Mapped Drives Issues

1. Mapped Drives Issues - Similar Threads - Mapped Drives Issues

2. Windows 11 Drive Mapping Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Drive Mapping Issue: Has anyone encountered issues with Windows 11 drive mapping not staying mapped after logging off or rebooting? We are starting to push out a couple Windows 11 machines and noticed that drive mappings are no longer staying mapped.I updated all the Windows 11 to version 23H2...
  3. Windows 11 Drive Mapping Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Drive Mapping Issue: Has anyone encountered issues with Windows 11 drive mapping not staying mapped after logging off or rebooting? We are starting to push out a couple Windows 11 machines and noticed that drive mappings are no longer staying mapped.I updated all the Windows 11 to version 23H2...
  4. Issues with mapping Onedrive as a Network Drive.

Issues with mapping Onedrive as a Network Drive.: Hi all,I've been mapping a Onedrive location as a Network Drive on Win 11 for a while now, but recently the mapping has died. It coincides with changing the securities for the Microsoft account it is associated with. On the home PC, after I reverted the Microsoft account back...
  5. Issues with mapping Onedrive as a Network Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with mapping Onedrive as a Network Drive.: Hi all,I've been mapping a Onedrive location as a Network Drive on Win 11 for a while now, but recently the mapping has died. It coincides with changing the securities for the Microsoft account it is associated with. On the home PC, after I reverted the Microsoft account back...
  6. Mapped Drive Issue after update!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapped Drive Issue after update!: Hello,Network drives on some computers randomly disconnect after upgrading to Windows 11. Users must restart their computer to fix the issue. We have a firewall rule that restricts SMB traffic to the domain profile only.Any Help from you would be appreciated.Thanks.Paul....
  7. Mapped Drive Issue after update!

Mapped Drive Issue after update!: Hello,Network drives on some computers randomly disconnect after upgrading to Windows 11. Users must restart their computer to fix the issue. We have a firewall rule that restricts SMB traffic to the domain profile only.Any Help from you would be appreciated.Thanks.Paul....
  8. mapping/mapped drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mapping/mapped drives: I have a Windows 10 Pro fully updated computer that has three folders on a second drive not the boot drive. I created three usernames/passwords on this computer and gave rights to each user for each folder. When I go to any one of the computers 8-10 on the network workgroup I...
  9. Map Network Drive issue

Map Network Drive issue: I have three NAS units attached to my LAN. Their names differ only in the first letter. I Map network drives for example NET USE A: \\Aserver\x /Persistent:Yes NET USE B: \\Bserver\x /Persistent:Yes or by the Map Network Drive in the GUI This is all OK. However, when...
  10. Mapping Network Drive Issues

Mapping Network Drive Issues: We have a external hard drive attached to our router that is accessible to our small business on our network. We have 3 other computers (2 Windows and 1 Mac) that are accessing it now. But we got 2 new computers that were just added to the network and I can not find the drive...