Windows 10: Mapped Drives not Connecting all the time

Discus and support Mapped Drives not Connecting all the time in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; SO after ditching SMB to use mapped drives I find it to be faster all around. But one thing, when I start my computer up I can see the mapped drives,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AirPower4ever, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Mapped Drives not Connecting all the time

SO after ditching SMB to use mapped drives I find it to be faster all around. But one thing, when I start my computer up I can see the mapped drives, but they do not connect right away. Sometimes it take maybe 10 minutes or more while other time one will connect while the other does not.

If I click on the mapped drive it then connects so I may be missing some services or something

Is there a way or script that says "as soon as you boot up CONNECT!!"

I have Windows 10 build 1903, May update only

I read the first 10 pages here and do not see any threads on this. Please help. Thank you

:)

AirPower4ever, Jun 18, 2019
  2. rhegde Win User

Suggestions for Maps/Drive

Some more suggestions

- When you set a destination in drive, you should be able to set an address which is existing in the contact list

- You should be able to view all step by step navigations. right now you are not able to see complete direction steps.

rhegde, Jun 18, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Map Network Drive in Windows 10

Hello cognus, Mapped Drives not Connecting all the time :)

I find the best way to keep a mapped drive always available is to use OPTION ONE and select Reconnect at sign-in at step 5.

The (Remains connected after next logon) command in the other options should work for you as well though.

It's normal for the mapped drive to have a red X on it after not being used for a while, but clicking on the drive should have it be automatically connected again after a short wait sorta like waiting for a HDD to spin back up after being turned off when idle.

I'm not aware of a way to keep a mapped drive to always stay active.

Brink, Jun 18, 2019
  4. CraigS Win User

Mapped Drives not Connecting all the time

Work Mapped drives not working at home.

Hello All.

I have a user at work that has a laptop as her main work use (docking station at work, then takes it home to work at home).
    we have a list of mapped network drives that we use here, including a personal drive.

however when this user gets home or off the network, the personal drive seems to become inactive/go missing.

there are no USB drives that interfere with the network drives, and i am lost looking for solutions.

any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

CraigS, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

Mapped Drives not Connecting all the time

1. Mapped Drives not Connecting all the time - Similar Threads - Mapped Drives Connecting

2. Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives: I can no longer access NAS devices. I have 2 NAS: Synology DS420+ and WDEX4100, that I have been using for several years, mapped to Y and Z respectively. A couple days ago, I lost connectivity. Came in to my office in the morning and the drives were gone from File Explorer. I...
  3. Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives: I can no longer access NAS devices. I have 2 NAS: Synology DS420+ and WDEX4100, that I have been using for several years, mapped to Y and Z respectively. A couple days ago, I lost connectivity. Came in to my office in the morning and the drives were gone from File Explorer. I...
  4. Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't connect to mapped network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to mapped network drive: Can't log into drive on another compter because it changed the user email to a different email with a name to an unkown PC that kind of has the correct name but the username on the other computer does not exist with all the junk in the email. When I remote into the other...
  6. Can't connect to mapped network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to mapped network drive: Can't log into drive on another compter because it changed the user email to a different email with a name to an unkown PC that kind of has the correct name but the username on the other computer does not exist with all the junk in the email. When I remote into the other...
  7. Drive mapping GPO take time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Drive mapping GPO take time: Dear all, I've a drive mapping GPO. It takes more than 1 minute to logon. I've try several options (create/update/recreate) reconnect or not & wait network & logon without success. Now I've enable the GPO trace on my windows 10 laptop. I see more than 1 minute for...
  8. Unable to connect to mapped drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to mapped drives: I am having trouble connecting to previously accessible mapped drives. Other office PCs are able to connect without difficulty. I am on a wired Ethernet connection and don't have any difficulty connecting to internet or networked printers. I can RDP to the server that the...
  9. Map network drive for all users?

Map network drive for all users?: Is there a way to map a network drive for all users? Thanks in advance for any and all insight. 84094
  10. Unable to connect to mapped drives

Unable to connect to mapped drives: Well, not exactly. I have NAS drives and mapped them just like I did on my Windows 7 laptop. It all works fine and the NAS drives show up just fine in network link too. Everything is Ethernet connected. But I see anomalies. If I reboot my machine, or even turn it off and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why dont mapped drives show up all the time

2. windows 10 reconnect mapped drives