Windows 10: Mapped drives only connect when accessed Windows 10 PRO

Discus and support Mapped drives only connect when accessed Windows 10 PRO in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After every reboot I have to access all mapped drives manually to make them connect.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cyberpitboss1, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Mapped drives only connect when accessed Windows 10 PRO

After every reboot I have to access all mapped drives manually to make them connect.

:)

cyberpitboss1, Jun 22, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 22, 2021
  3. fatpat Win User
    Mapped Drives Issues

To clarify .... the issue is the Windows 10 OS. It is with Windows File Explorer. The Mapped drives used to appear in File Explorer's left panel list of drives and folders. Two days ago File explorer stopped show the mapped drives. so not they don;t appear in the list of Drives and folders.

- - - Updated - - -

I did, it has no effect. I also check the NAS devices they support SMB 2.0. Also I have several other computers on my home network they work fine with the mapped drives and They do not have SMB 1 turned on. So it is something that happened to the computer in question.

fatpat, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Aera Rua Win User

Mapped drives only connect when accessed Windows 10 PRO

Windows 10 Pro Build 1709 forgets Drive Mappings internittently.

Hello John,

There are several factors to consider why you are having this kind of issue. This may disconnect due to unstable network connection or some settings within the router, the PC, the network drive that needs to be configured.
    For us to refer you to the correct channel or provide you the most applicable troubleshooting, we would like to know the following:

• Which build and version of Windows are you using? To know, press
      Windows + R to open the Run window. Type winver and press Enter. A new window will open showing
      the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • Is your device and your network drive connected on a company domain?
    • Are you able to view your network drive on a different device or is it just one PC?
    • Is your computer able to detect other computers?
    • Are you connected through Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you re-create the map for your network drive as guidance you may follow the steps in this

article
    and if you’d already performed the same steps mention on the link, you can run the
    Network troubleshooter for accessing files and folders
    as an initial troubleshooting.

We’ll be waiting for your response.

Aera Rua, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Mapped drives only connect when accessed Windows 10 PRO

1. Mapped drives only connect when accessed Windows 10 PRO - Similar Threads - Mapped drives connect

2. Mapped drives reconnecting only to local account: Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapped drives reconnecting only to local account: Windows 10: On my desktop running Windows 10Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Installed on ‎8/‎6/‎2020 OS build 19042.1466 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 I log in using a local account and my husband using his Microsoft account to log in.We were having an...
  3. Mapped drives reconnecting only to local account: Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapped drives reconnecting only to local account: Windows 10: On my desktop running Windows 10Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Installed on ‎8/‎6/‎2020 OS build 19042.1466 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 I log in using a local account and my husband using his Microsoft account to log in.We were having an...
  4. Mapped drives reconnecting only to local account: Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Only 1 Mapped Network Drive?

Only 1 Mapped Network Drive?: I'm noticing that I'm only able to map one network drive to my backup storage (it's a portable drive connected to a router). If I want to connect with another user, I have to disconnect the current connection, otherwise I get a message "Access is denied". Is there a way to...
  6. Mapping a Windows XP Pro drive

Mapping a Windows XP Pro drive: I am working with a Windows 10 Pro PC and failing to map a Windows XP drive. For years, it has worked, but, now, attempts to open that drive locks up File Explorer. I unmapped it and find that I cannot re-map it. Did something change with a Windows 10 update? How can I...
  7. Unable to connect to mapped drives

Unable to connect to mapped drives: I am having trouble connecting to previously accessible mapped drives. Other office PCs are able to connect without difficulty. I am on a wired Ethernet connection and don't have any difficulty connecting to internet or networked printers. I can RDP to the server that the...
  8. Windows 10 workstation fails to connect to mapped drives

Windows 10 workstation fails to connect to mapped drives: After the Windows 10 update on July 24 KB 4340917 build number 17134.191, Dell Precision 3420 computer will no longer map the network drives. All Dell hardware drivers are up to date. When we roll back the update, drives map normally again. Is anyone else experiencing...
  9. Mapped Drives on Windows 10 Pro x64

Mapped Drives on Windows 10 Pro x64: Good day! OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 under domain Ms Server 2016 i just want to ask a small favor if anyone can help me. we are using domain in out network and we have all security and policy. when the user login to his laptop all has been set but there's one thing...
  10. Unable to connect to mapped drives

Unable to connect to mapped drives: Well, not exactly. I have NAS drives and mapped them just like I did on my Windows 7 laptop. It all works fine and the NAS drives show up just fine in network link too. Everything is Ethernet connected. But I see anomalies. If I reboot my machine, or even turn it off and...