Windows 10: Mapped File too big

Discus and support Mapped File too big in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was trying to figure out why forza horizon 4 was crashing so much and I read that it didn't drop standby memory like other games did and that was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hayez77, Jan 6, 2019.

1. hayez77 Win User

Mapped File too big

I was trying to figure out why forza horizon 4 was crashing so much and I read that it didn't drop standby memory like other games did and that was causing it. So I went on RAMmap and the "mapped file" is taking up more than 2 gigs of standby RAM, and the total standby RAM is more than 3 gigs. There is only 30 mb of "free" RAM available as well. I don't know much about this stuff so can someone help me?

:)

hayez77, Jan 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 maps

To narrow down your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Have you tried using another USB in saving your offline maps?
    • Were you able to update your drivers? We suggest that you check if your drivers are up to date by following the steps on this
      link.

For your reference, below are the steps to save Offline Maps to USB:

• Click on Start; then, Settings.
    • Select Maps; then, Storage Locations.
    • Click on the Change where you store offline maps drop down menu and choose the
      new location.

We will be waiting for your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Windows Maps App.

Hi, Peter

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, I understand your concern and will try to assit you in the best way we can.

Have you tried restarting your system and check if you are able to find the app in your computer. If not then I would suggest that you do so and check if you are able to locate the app.

I would also suggest that you go to your c: drive locate Program Files open WindowsApps and check if the app is present there.

If you still cant find the app in your system then follow the steps mentioned below to remove and re-install Maps.

• On the search bar, type “Powershell” right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
    • Copy and paste the command stated below
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsMaps* |remove-appxpackage

• This will remove Maps from your system, you can install the app again from Store. But it will required to close Windows Store (if opened) to reinstall Maps.

Hope this information helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 6, 2019
  4. mbrett Win User

Mapped File too big

Map Loader problem

The big problem with your suggestion is that I have already tried uninstalling all Nokia files twice and nothing has changed.

The other problem would be that Nokia Map Loader encounters the same problem. Therefor after installing the latest software using the .sis file as suggested I would be unable to update the maps using Nokia Map Loader.

mbrett, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Mapped File too big

1. Mapped File too big - Similar Threads - Mapped File too

2. Too Big, How?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too Big, How?: Hi,I have downloaded a file zipped from google drive to add to a usb.The file is 7.01GB in size zipped.I have 2 usb's @ 32gb, both never used until today, the first totally empty, and the one same capacity with 13gb Free.Yet I am getting the attached when trying to copy or...
  3. Too Big, How?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too Big, How?: Hi,I have downloaded a file zipped from google drive to add to a usb.The file is 7.01GB in size zipped.I have 2 usb's @ 32gb, both never used until today, the first totally empty, and the one same capacity with 13gb Free.Yet I am getting the attached when trying to copy or...
  4. Notepad is too big

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad is too big: Hi, I just created a script with AutoHot Key and don't like the Notepad window display on the screen. It used to me a manageable window but now takes up the entire desktop and I can't reduce the size of it. Is there anything I can do to make the window smaller? Thanks...
  5. System files too big

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System files too big: Hello, I have a bootcamp partition on my Mac for Windows 10. I allocated approx. 1000 GB for Windows. As of today, the System Files folder is 847 GB, and I can't understand why I have tried searching for the largest files on my system, and for some reason, I can't make...
  6. system file is way too big

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    system file is way too big: i built a new PC 2 days ago and my system file has somehow grown to 92 GB. it is taking up way too much space as my old PC it was only about 20. how can i reduce it? submitted by /u/jaboolean [link] [comments]...
  7. Display is TOO big

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display is TOO big: Am I the only person with this problem?? I've hunted everywhere! I recently got a new computer with Windows 10. I also got a new monitor. The monitor I got is a 32" very wide screen. I don't know if my issue is due to the screen or W10. I've adjusted my size to as low...
  8. File too big for recycle bin

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File too big for recycle bin: [img] Apparently all files are too big for the recycle bin. How can I reset this? 112946
  9. fonts are too big

in Windows 10 Support
    fonts are too big: My wife hit something and now my fonts are too big. I'd like to get the letters back to the smaller version as they are waaaay too big. Can anyone help? 105368
  10. Screen too Big!

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen too Big!: My laptop is connected to my HD TV via an HDTV cable. But the blown-up screen encroaches beyond the 42"HD frame, so I have a difficult time scrolling, getting to the bottom and top bars. I want to settings and display, but I couldn't figure out how to shrink the screen enough...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update file too big Forza Horizon 4