Windows 10: Mapped Network Drive keep getting disconnect

Discus and support Mapped Network Drive keep getting disconnect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i bought a new MS Surface 3 and do all the update. Map my network drive and start using it. When I restart my laptop next day I can no longer access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KW Loh, Aug 28, 2021.

1. KW Loh Win User

Mapped Network Drive keep getting disconnect

i bought a new MS Surface 3 and do all the update. Map my network drive and start using it. When I restart my laptop next day I can no longer access the network work drive from file explorer. It keep prompting me drive is not accessible or it is in use?I am able to access the admin page from IP address from laptop. Sometime I try to delete the drive and map again. But I have to restart a few time for File explorer to detect the drive. My Macbook Pro and phone can access the drive do not have this problem. Dun understand why only my new Surface have this problem.Anyway I can solve this?

:)

KW Loh, Aug 28, 2021
  2. JimD Win User

Mapped Network Drive Disconnects and Will Not Reconnect

PC: Dell XPS8940
    Router: Netgear R7000 w/ TomatoUSB

• Nine of ten mapped network drives on my desktop PC behave normally! The tenth is a problem. It is mapped to the USB drive connected to my router.
    • Sometimes (days) I cannot connect to this mapped drive and it fails to reconnect. At that point I can still connect to this drive from ALL other devices on my Workgroup LAN. None of those devices have the drive mapped!
    • For a short time, using "Net Use" shows the drive trying reconnect. Later it says "Disconnected".
    • The only way I have found to reconnect to that drive is to perform:
      1. net use U: /delete
      2. net use U: \\HARENET-HD\data
    • This problem has started within the last several months. Maybe it's related to a Windows update??

Help would be appreciated!
    Jim ;{)

3. Unable to disconnect from mapped network drive

I receive the following error when I try to disconnect from a self mapped network drive: "network connection does not exist"

The network drive icon appears with a bid red x and says it is disconnected, yet I can double click on it to enter the mapped folder. Doing this does not reconnect the folder, and remains disconnected. This causes problems because programs that pointed
    to this path are unable to read the files. I am unable to remap this drive because the associated drive letter (EMapped Network Drive keep getting disconnect :) and mapping no longer shows up in the list.

I've tried all the typical suggestions including:

--I tried to do it via the command prompt with the net use delete command, but it can't be found in there.

--Tried to above with the actual network path instead of the drive letter, did not work

--Tried to delete the registry entries from:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2

HKEY_USERS\. Default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Mountpoint2\

None of these solutions worked. Though deleting the registry entries momentarily hid the disconnected drive, the drive letter was still not available for mapping. I tried to force the drive letter (EMapped Network Drive keep getting disconnect :) to map to my optical drive, which worryingly, pointed
    back to the mapped network location on the NAS instead of to the optical drive.

How do I get rid of this? Reformatting the computer is not an option.

RMI_Howard, Aug 28, 2021
  4. Mapped Network Drive keep getting disconnect

Windows 10 Drive Mapping showing Disconnected Network Drive

I have a NAS (WD My Cloud) on my home network and I have always added a drive on my networked computers using drive M as their Music drives. But recently My Network drive went down and I had to reinstall all the files on it's replacement drive. I gave
    the new network drive4 the same IP address on the network and everything else (All the other drive mappings for my Documents Drive, my Downloads drive, my Pictures drive, etc. Nut my music drive keeps showing Disconnected Network Drive. But now I cannot delete
    the drive mapping. It tells me Network drive does not exist. I have tried all of the suggestions from other threads including using Command prompt commands and everything else I have seen but it still shows up as a Disconnected Network drive. I can rename
    the drive as Music again and I can always access the drive4 even when it is listed as Disconnected Netowork Drive but I cannot add any more files to it and I cannot manipulate any of the files on the drive. I can listen to the music files through most of my
    players but I cannot edit any of the metadata on the files. How do I get my drive fully functional again?

Trent Perez, Aug 28, 2021
Thema:

Mapped Network Drive keep getting disconnect

1. Mapped Network Drive keep getting disconnect - Similar Threads - Mapped Network Drive

2. Drive keeps getting disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive keeps getting disconnected: I have a new Dell XPS 8950 that has several issues. One of these is that one of my drives often disconnects and I cannot access any of the data. This is a drive specifically for my photographs. Some times while working on a photo within an app, I go to save some edits and I...
  3. Drive keeps getting disconnected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive keeps getting disconnected: I have a new Dell XPS 8950 that has several issues. One of these is that one of my drives often disconnects and I cannot access any of the data. This is a drive specifically for my photographs. Some times while working on a photo within an app, I go to save some edits and I...
  4. Keep getting disconnected to network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting disconnected to network: I have strong connection and I dont have issue on other devices. This desktop keeps getting disconnected no matter what. Every 10 minutes or earlier it will disconnect from network. I have LAN connection so I un plug and plug back in the cable but the issue still the same....
  5. Keep getting disconnected to network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep getting disconnected to network: I have strong connection and I dont have issue on other devices. This desktop keeps getting disconnected no matter what. Every 10 minutes or earlier it will disconnect from network. I have LAN connection so I un plug and plug back in the cable but the issue still the same....
  6. Keep getting disconnected to network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Mapped Network Drive Disconnects and Will Not Reconnect

Mapped Network Drive Disconnects and Will Not Reconnect: OS:Windows 10 V20H2 PC: Dell XPS8940 Router: Netgear R7000 w/ TomatoUSB Nine of ten mapped network drives on my desktop PC behave normally! The tenth is a problem. It is mapped to the USB drive connected to my router.Sometimes (days) I cannot connect to this mapped drive and...
  8. Mapped drive "Disconnected"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mapped drive "Disconnected": So I'm having a issue where a mapped drive Windows 10 is showing Disconnected with the red X sometimes when powering on.. Even though it's saying it's disconnected I can still access all the files in it.. The main part of the issue is a software is pulling data from the...
  9. Windows 10 Drive Mapping showing Disconnected Network Drive

Windows 10 Drive Mapping showing Disconnected Network Drive: I have a NAS (WD My Cloud) on my home network and I have always added a drive on my networked computers using drive M as their Music drives. But recently My Network drive went down and I had to reinstall all the files on it's replacement drive. I gave the new network drive4...
  10. Unable to disconnect from mapped network drive

Unable to disconnect from mapped network drive: I have two mapped drives in my network locations mapped to Q: and V:. I can access their contents, but I cannot disconnect them. When I attempt to disconnect either drive, I receive an error stating that "the system cannot find the file specified." I attempted to...