Windows 10: Mapped network drives don't work in Windows 10 version 1809

Discus and support Mapped network drives don't work in Windows 10 version 1809 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Symptoms You experience the following issues in Windows 10, version 1809: In Windows Explorer, a red X appears on the mapped network drives. Mapped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Compumind, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Compumind Win User

Mapped network drives don't work in Windows 10 version 1809

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-version-1809

:)

Compumind, Nov 16, 2018
  2. CraigS Win User

Work Mapped drives not working at home.

Hello All.

I have a user at work that has a laptop as her main work use (docking station at work, then takes it home to work at home).
    we have a list of mapped network drives that we use here, including a personal drive.

however when this user gets home or off the network, the personal drive seems to become inactive/go missing.

there are no USB drives that interfere with the network drives, and i am lost looking for solutions.

any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

CraigS, Nov 16, 2018
  3. AmirGh1 Win User
    Windows 10 mapped drives not reconnecting after updating to 1809

We have a few mapped network drives. These have worked until the Windows 10 1809 update. Now, none of the drive letters will automatically connect- the folders are all listed with their associated drive
    letters and each has a red cross. If I click on the red cross, they all connect OK and stay mapped while the PC is in use. After a restart, it’s the same.

Anyone any idea how to cure this?

AmirGh1, Nov 16, 2018
  4. CD[#]KM Win User

Windows 10 mapped drives not reconnecting after updating to 1809

This is definitely an issue with the 1809 update, as here is what we see and have done:

1. First, this is only affecting drives we have mapped to 2012 servers. It is not affecting a couple drives mapped to an old 2003 server (for testing).

2. If I create a new logon/profile, and map a drive, it connects fine. But after logging off and back on, it has the red x and needs to be opened to refresh. This happens if I map from Explorer and using the net use command.

3. Since the mapping to the old 2003 server works (SMB1.0), it is not likely a network or DNS issue. Plus the systems on my network that I have not installed the 1809 update on do not have the issue, just the few I updated.

4. I also tried mapping with the FQDN of the share and it still does the same thing with the red X's

5. Three patches/updates to 1809 update just came out, and I installed them, and they do not resolve the issue.

This issue is not listed as a known issue on the Windows 10 Update History/info page, so I am not confident that Microsoft is aware of this issue and is working on fixing it: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4464619/windows-10-update-history

CD[#]KM, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Mapped network drives don't work in Windows 10 version 1809 - Similar Threads - Mapped network drives

2. Windows 10: Map a network drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Map a network drive.: Hi Greg, I read your reply on 'Map a network drive'. It is helpful, but my question, about mapping a network drive, is a little different. Am helping a colleague map a network drive. Have granted Full Access to that colleague's account.While browsing and selecting the drive,...
  3. Windows 10: Map a network drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10: Map a network drive.: Hi Greg, I read your reply on 'Map a network drive'. It is helpful, but my question, about mapping a network drive, is a little different. Am helping a colleague map a network drive. Have granted Full Access to that colleague's account.While browsing and selecting the drive,...
  4. Mapping a network drive windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapping a network drive windows 10: Hi All, I have tried to map an old network drive to my PC which hasn't been connected since win 10 update, it is a Lenovo/EMC product that is no longer supported and Lenovo EMC storage manager (On my old pc)) doesn't appear to be working. (Says the device if offline). I...
  5. Map network drive not working in windows 10 solution

Map network drive not working in windows 10 solution: I have done the solution of windows 10. download MediaCreationTool1809 from windows website and install it after that restart your system and make sure your firewall is on condition.
  6. Windows 10 map network Drive

Windows 10 map network Drive: I got the solution of WIndows 10 map network drive connect. Please install MediaCreationTool1809 and switch on firewell setting. then restart your system. You’ll got activate your map network drive....
  7. Mapped network drives not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Mapped network drives not working in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Mapped Network Drives are very useful when you need to connect to a drive which is on a different computer, or on an external storage. It makes accessing files easy. However, if your mapped network drives don’t work in Windows [...] This post Mapped network drives...
  8. Mapped Network Drives issue in Windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 News
    Mapped Network Drives issue in Windows 10 version 1809: If you run a Windows 10 PC with mapped network drives you may want to hit the brakes to make sure that the Windows 10 October 2018 Update is not deployed on the device. Microsoft released, re-released to be precise, the latest feature update for Windows 10 two days ago after...
  9. Network drive don't work?

in Windows 10 Support
    Network drive don't work?: I have 2 computer a Windows 7 and Windows 10. The Windows 7 computer can see the WD MY BOOK 2TB network drive but windows 10 error message is (This IP address is not accessible. You might not have permission to us this network resource. Contact the administrator of this...
  10. Map Network Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Map Network Drive in Windows 10: How to: Map Network Drive in Windows 10 How to Map Network Drive or Disconnect Network Drive in Windows 10 When you map a network drive, you are creating a shortcut in This PC to a shared folder or computer on your network. A mapped network drive has the following...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 ip based drive mapping

2. windows 1809 network drives ip not working