Windows 10: mapped network drives not reconnecting

Discus and support mapped network drives not reconnecting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a NAS box with folders mapped as X, Y, Z. Windows 10 Home 20H2 build 19042.630 I've followed the steps here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by johnerrington1, Dec 2, 2020.

1. mapped network drives not reconnecting

I have a NAS box with folders mapped as X, Y, Z.

Windows 10 Home 20H2 build 19042.630

I've followed the steps here

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4471218/mapped-network-drive-may-fail-to-reconnect-in-windows-10-version-1809

The drives still fail to connect.

:)

johnerrington1, Dec 2, 2020
  2. fatpat Win User

Mapped Drives Issues

I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 OS Build 18362.900. This is my home computer running in a work group. I have two NAS devices on the network. All of my home computers have mapped drives pointing to the two NAS devices. All of the computers except my main machine have no issues with the mapped drives.

On may Main machine the mapped drives would never reconnect when I booted the machine. The drives would appear windows explorer's left hand frame with a red X. If I clicked on the either of the two drives, Windows would pop-up a message saying there was an error reconnecting but then would proceed to connect and display the drive contents in the right hand frame of Windows Explore. After that the red X would disappear and they would function as normal.

Two days ago Windows explore stopped displaying the mapped drives. I can ping the drives. I see the drives under the network tab. If I right click on the NAS drive and then click open the drive folders display in Windows Explore. If I try to re-map the drives, Win Explore says they are already mapped and displays them in the mapped list. If i use the "Net Use" command it displays the two mapped drives indicating that they are already mapped. I've tried the "disconnect network drive" option and then re-added the network drives.

I still can't get the drives to list in the the left hand drive list in Windows Explorer. It's a real pain to go thru the network devices -> right click -> open sequence every time I need to access the NAS drives.

How can I fix this issue?

fatpat, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mapped network drives don't work in Windows 10 version 1809

Yep. *Wink

Mapped drives issue now resolved. See "Current Status" table on first post for more details.

*Arrow Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809 Now Re-Released - Windows 10 Forums

[table][tr][td]Date[/td] [td]Current Status[/td] [td]Affected Platforms[/td] [td]Details[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]December 5, 2018 3:00 PM PT[/td] [td]Resolved[/td] [td]
    • Windows 10, version 1809
    • Windows Server 2019
    • Windows Server, version 1809
    [/td] [td]Mapped drives may fail to reconnect after starting and logging onto a Windows device. Symptoms include:
    • In File Explorer, a red "X" appears on the mapped network drives.
    • Mapped network drives show as "Unavailable" when you run the net usecommand from a command prompt.
    • In the notification area, a notification displays, "Could not reconnect all network drives."
    Resolved: KB4469342 addresses the issue that may cause mapped drives to fail to reconnect after starting and logging onto a Windows device. This supersedes KB4471218 for workaround scripts to automatically reconnect a mapped network drive when you log on to the device.[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Brink, Dec 2, 2020
  4. mapped network drives not reconnecting

Reconnecting an unconnected driver

Hi Quad,

Looks like your S Drive has been disconnected. In order to reconnect to the drive, let's map that specific drive again. Follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows key and select File Explorer.
    • Click This PC.
    • On the top, click the Computer tab, then select Map network drive.
    • Once the Map Network Drive wizard opens, choose a letter for the drive, and browse or type in the path to the drive.
    • Make sure also to check the box Reconnect at sign-in.
    • Click Finish.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

mapped network drives not reconnecting

1. mapped network drives not reconnecting - Similar Threads - mapped network drives

2. reconnect network drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reconnect network drives: I have a NAS box that provides three network drives X,Y,Z at 192.168.1.24if its not abvailable at start up the drives dont get connected. I have a batch file as follows that connects them if I run it when the NAS is on;@ECHO OFF net use * /d /yECHO reconnectingnet use X:...
  3. reconnect network drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reconnect network drives: I have a NAS box that provides three network drives X,Y,Z at 192.168.1.24if its not abvailable at start up the drives dont get connected. I have a batch file as follows that connects them if I run it when the NAS is on;@ECHO OFF net use * /d /yECHO reconnectingnet use X:...
  4. reconnect network drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network drive not reconnecting yet files accessible via mapped drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network drive not reconnecting yet files accessible via mapped drive: My backups to a NAS drive haven't worked for a couple of weeks after several year's of working successfully and it looks like a network problem. Here's the gist:I am able to view files contained on my NAS drive by using a Mapped drive in File Explorer - yet it doesn't appear...
  6. Mapped Network Drive Disconnects and Will Not Reconnect

Mapped Network Drive Disconnects and Will Not Reconnect: OS:Windows 10 V20H2 PC: Dell XPS8940 Router: Netgear R7000 w/ TomatoUSB Nine of ten mapped network drives on my desktop PC behave normally! The tenth is a problem. It is mapped to the USB drive connected to my router.Sometimes (days) I cannot connect to this mapped drive and...
  7. Mapped Samba drive does not reconnect

Mapped Samba drive does not reconnect: Out of the 15 computers i have in our office, 4 do not reconnect to our UNIX server via Samba upon log on I have SMB 1.0/CIFS Client and Server enabled on all machines. 4 do not reconnect on startup, not sure why only 4, but that is the case. This is a public drive on our...
  8. Windows 10 Not reconnecting mapped network drives post October Update

Windows 10 Not reconnecting mapped network drives post October Update: Hi, Since upgrading my win 10 pro machines in the office to the October update their mapped drives (controlled by group policy) are not automatically reconnecting on login. The users are having to manually double click the mapped drives to get them to reconnect. The...
  9. a network drive will not reconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    a network drive will not reconnect: I cannot reconnect a network drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/a-network-drive-will-not-reconnect/9208f7b9-da0b-4542-b1b4-f5831b1fab30
  10. Mapping OneDrive: Could Not Reconnect to All Network Drives

Mapping OneDrive: Could Not Reconnect to All Network Drives: I've mapped OneDrive to use it as a backup storage per instruction here, but I get the said error every time I reboot. So I wrote a simple batch script to remap automatically when I logon to Windows. Usage: MapOneDrive.cmd [Number of checks] "[IPv4 to ping]" "[Drive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reconnect map driver no response