Windows 10: Mapped network drives show wrong disk space

Discus and support Mapped network drives show wrong disk space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, So I have mapped two network drives, one for my OneDrive and one for a web server, but they do not show available space correctly, they seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ahmad Ziad Zain Aldeen, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Mapped network drives show wrong disk space

Hi,

So I have mapped two network drives, one for my OneDrive and one for a web server, but they do not show available space correctly, they seem to mimic my physical drive only.

Mapped network drives show wrong disk space 9254e01b-6ca6-4c5e-9339-cc3c9eeb79bf?upload=true.png

they mimic it to the byte!

```

DeviceID : C:
    DriveType : 3
    ProviderName :
    FreeSpace : 131462619136
    Size : 495866343424
    VolumeName : Windows

DeviceID : Y:
    DriveType : 4
    ProviderName : \\d.docs.live.net@SSL\DavWWWRoot\***
    VolumeName :

DeviceID : Z:
    DriveType : 4
    ProviderName : \\***@SSL@2078\DavWWWRoot
    VolumeName :
    ```

I looked on the internet and I didn't seem to find a solution or someone else with the same problem.

If anyone knows a solution I'd be thankful.

:)

Ahmad Ziad Zain Aldeen, Mar 17, 2019

2. Cannot add/change drive letter in disk management or map network drive.

I need to connect portable HDD to my PC but the drive is not showed up.(Another PC worked normally) When I try to assign drive letter in drive management.(Volume is appeared in Disk Management as NTFS but no drive assigned) Drive letter list is greyed out except
    "Mount in the following empty NTFS folder" and map network drive also, drive list is empty. So, i don't really know what to do at this
    problem.

Yos Panagorn, Mar 17, 2019
  3. NDarkstar Win User
    Mapped drives not showing up on Explorer

Wanted to mention that I'm experiencing this same issue. Environment here is a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain with network shares and printers mapped by GPO. GPO drive mappings are not on a per-user basis and instead are global for all users.

Affected user can not access mapped drives via explorer, yet NET USE shows drives mapped as expected. Attempting to remap network drives via explorer results in a prompt stating that the connection is already mapped to that drive letter, do I want to disconnect and reconnect it?

Oddly, using applications that provide an 'open document' dialogue can see and access mapped network drives normally. For example, open Word, file -> open -> browse: Left pane shows network shares, clicking on network share shows share contents. Clicking on 'This PC' shows all mapped drives which are navigable and documents can be opened normally. Doing this does not correct the issue with Explorer. Similarly, a command prompt also operates as expected, so it's possible to change to a mapped network drive by the associated letter and to list / copy / delete files normally.

Issue appears to be limited to a single user profile on the workstation displaying the described symptoms. Logging in as another user results in the drives being mapped and accessible as usual. Symptoms persist through reboot. User account with symptoms does not have admin access locally or on the domain.

NDarkstar, Mar 17, 2019
  4. richnich Win User

Mapped network drives show wrong disk space

Network Map not showing all network machines

I have just upgraded 4 W7 machines to W10 to add to our 8 pc LAN. On checking the network map only the same 3 of the 8 are showing. I have pinged with IP and name and obtained a result, also checked advanced sharing settings and all correct and same as existing machines. The network is set to private. Any suggestions how I can get these machines to show the full network map

richnich, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

Mapped network drives show wrong disk space

1. Mapped network drives show wrong disk space - Similar Threads - Mapped network drives

2. Map Drive not showing on network computers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Map Drive not showing on network computers.: Hi,I'm trying to add a mapped drive on a pc that we are using as a basic file server. The pc already has shared folders which are accessible from all pc's without issue. The only reason we require the mapped drive is that one item of software is having issues without...
  3. Map Drive not showing on network computers.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Map Drive not showing on network computers.: Hi,I'm trying to add a mapped drive on a pc that we are using as a basic file server. The pc already has shared folders which are accessible from all pc's without issue. The only reason we require the mapped drive is that one item of software is having issues without...
  4. Map Drive not showing on network computers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. "Map network drive" button not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Map network drive" button not showing: I want to add a network drive. So I open Windows Explorer, click "This PC" and "the three dots".But I see no option for adding a drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/map-network-drive-button-not-showing/1dd7d87b-033f-4c89-afef-4f46a7187b78
  6. "Map network drive" button not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Map network drive" button not showing: I want to add a network drive. So I open Windows Explorer, click "This PC" and "the three dots".But I see no option for adding a drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/map-network-drive-button-not-showing/1dd7d87b-033f-4c89-afef-4f46a7187b78
  7. Disk Partition showing wrong space.

Disk Partition showing wrong space.: I have 292GB space in a disk partition Manual, not system. I have no backups and no malwares. Only 4.61GB is occupied by all files and hidden files combined. And the size on disk is 4.62 GB. What's the difference between this? In another partition the difference between size...
  8. Disk Space Wrong!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Space Wrong!: I tried to download a game today, after a Windows update, and I couldn't. Widows thinks my C: drive only has 26.2 GB from of 465 GB, when I should have 1TB. I don't know what to do. submitted by /u/Dark-Lark [link] [comments]...
  9. Mapped Network Drive Not Showing in File Explorer

Mapped Network Drive Not Showing in File Explorer: Why aren't Mapped Network Drive Not Showing in File Explorer and how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapped-network-drive-not-showing-in-file-explorer/d3932ee6-2c7d-4ff5-90b6-ff7c596ddc2f
  10. insufficient disk space on mapped drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    insufficient disk space on mapped drive: User Desktop: Windows 10 Server: Windows Server 2012R User is getting "insufficient disk space" when trying to copy files to his Desktop. Have checked the server which had tons of space and no user profile quotas are setup so no sure why this is occurring.. Yesterday did...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network drives showing same capacity

2. Windows 10 mapped drives wrong size

3. mapped drive shows volume spave

4. Mapped drive show full drive space,
  5. windows insider incorrect space maooed drives