Windows 10: Mapped OneDrive

Discus and support Mapped OneDrive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been able to successfully map my OneDrive to a drive letter on my computer. I've decided to no longer have a drive letter for my OneDrive. I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JimFarrell2016, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Mapped OneDrive

I've been able to successfully map my OneDrive to a drive letter on my computer. I've decided to no longer have a drive letter for my OneDrive. I try using "Unmap Network Drive" and Windows 10 Home doesn't recognize it. How do I get rid of this?

:)

JimFarrell2016, Jul 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jul 18, 2020
  4. harrymc Win User

Mapped OneDrive

How to use two OneDrives?

You could map both your OneDrive Files folders to network shares on your computer, so you could directly access both.
    I admit that I don't know how well this will work with two OneDrive logins
    (see remarks below).

The following is adapted from the article
    How to Map OneDrive as a Network Drive to See All Your Files.

1. Use your browser to log into onedrive.live.com.
    2. Right-click on Files in the left-pane, and then click Copy link location (Firefox), Copy link address (Chrome) or Copy shortcut (Internet Explorer). This will copy to the clipboard the URL to Files.
    3. Open Notepad and paste the URL that you have copied in the above step. Select and copy the digits and letters following the cid= parameter (stop selecting before hitting a # or & character).
    4. In Windows Explorer, go to This PC.
    5. Click on the Computer tab then Map network drive.
    6. In the Folder field, enter https://d.docs.live.net/ followed by the CID you copied above.
    7. Check the Connect using different credentials box.

Mapped OneDrive 39J3H.png

1. Click Finish and enter your OneDrive login.

Mapped OneDrive qqNGa.png

Remark: Here is the part I don't know when mapping from two OneDrive accounts,
    whether it is a good idea to check the Remember my credentials box when
    connecting. You will have to try and see, and in case of a problem
    disconnect the mapped drive and try again.

harrymc, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Mapped OneDrive

1. Mapped OneDrive - Similar Threads - Mapped OneDrive

2. Issues with mapping Onedrive as a Network Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with mapping Onedrive as a Network Drive.: Hi all,I've been mapping a Onedrive location as a Network Drive on Win 11 for a while now, but recently the mapping has died. It coincides with changing the securities for the Microsoft account it is associated with. On the home PC, after I reverted the Microsoft account back...
  3. Issues with mapping Onedrive as a Network Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with mapping Onedrive as a Network Drive.: Hi all,I've been mapping a Onedrive location as a Network Drive on Win 11 for a while now, but recently the mapping has died. It coincides with changing the securities for the Microsoft account it is associated with. On the home PC, after I reverted the Microsoft account back...
  4. Mapping desktop out of OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapping desktop out of OneDrive folder: Hello, I am not a fan of automatic cloud backup and wanted to disable all onedrive connectivity. I noted that for windows 11, my desktop was automatically mapped to a onedrive folder. I had already turned off backup options and uninstalled the onedrive app. I followed the...
  5. Mapping desktop out of OneDrive folder

Mapping desktop out of OneDrive folder: Hello, I am not a fan of automatic cloud backup and wanted to disable all onedrive connectivity. I noted that for windows 11, my desktop was automatically mapped to a onedrive folder. I had already turned off backup options and uninstalled the onedrive app. I followed the...
  6. Onedrive Mapped network drive access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Mapped network drive access denied: Hello, I want to connect my Onedrive as a mapped network drive. When I try to login using folder: https://d.docs.live.net/CID, I am given a screen to login with username and password. I am assuming username is my email and password is email password. I input the details and...
  7. Onedrive Mapped network drive access denied

Onedrive Mapped network drive access denied: Hello, I want to connect my Onedrive as a mapped network drive. When I try to login using folder: https://d.docs.live.net/CID, I am given a screen to login with username and password. I am assuming username is my email and password is email password. I input the details and...
  8. All maps in windows 10 direct to OneDrive while i have uninstalled OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All maps in windows 10 direct to OneDrive while i have uninstalled OneDrive.: Hello,About a week ago my files i downloaded automatically saved to the onedrive. so in: C/users/my name/onedrive/downloadoads. i was struggeling for hours and didnt knew how to fix it. in the end i just removed the onedrive folder on my pc not that smart, and that led tho a...
  9. All maps in windows 10 direct to OneDrive while i have uninstalled OneDrive.

All maps in windows 10 direct to OneDrive while i have uninstalled OneDrive.: Hello,About a week ago my files i downloaded automatically saved to the onedrive. so in: C/users/my name/onedrive/downloadoads. i was struggeling for hours and didnt knew how to fix it. in the end i just removed the onedrive folder on my pc not that smart, and that led tho a...
  10. Not able to Map Network Drive to OneDrive -cannot access error

Not able to Map Network Drive to OneDrive -cannot access error: Map Network Drive to OneDriveWhy did I go down the rabbit hole? In a perfect world, Microsoft products might play nice together -HA!Wanted to easily get links to OneNote to be able to keep originals organized on OneDrive but reference in a OneNote page. Wanted to be able to...