Windows 10: Mapping a Network Drive fails at login / credentials: Error: A specified logon session does...

Discus and support Mapping a Network Drive fails at login / credentials: Error: A specified logon session does... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Error: A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated I receive the above error when attempting to map a network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by D4nny_B0, Sep 18, 2020.

1. D4nny_B0 Win User

Mapping a Network Drive fails at login / credentials: Error: A specified logon session does...

Error: A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated
    I receive the above error when attempting to map a network location. I have a NAS RAID on a static IP subnet and when I attempt to connect via the static port on my laptop I cannot get windows to accept the credentials - even thought they are correct. I can access via the web browser but not map a drive. I have attempted from a colleagues laptop and it mapped the drive successfully so clearly an issue with my system. Any ideas how to resolve?

:)

D4nny_B0, Sep 18, 2020
  2. fzybunny Win User

Windows 10 Map Network Drive 'A specified logon session does not exist.'

I recently obtained a new computer, and I've been trying to map a network drive so that I can access it from This PC, similar to a normal hard drive. The network drive is a Seagate GoFlex Home connected to a router via ethernet, and the computer is running Windows 10 Home and connected wirelessly. I've tried connecting using the wizard in This PC. After I enter the credentials, I get this message:

I'm certain that the credentials are correct. I do have a second computer, which has both Windows 7 and 10 installed, and it can connect fine when running either OS.

One thing that I noticed is that on the dual-boot computer, the drive is listed in Network as a computer, even if it's not mapped. It does appear in the new computer's Network folder, but as a storage device and media device. I can access it from here, but only image and sound files are listed.

I can also connect by entering the drive's IP address into a web browser. I can access all of the files from here, but it's a bit inconvenient. If I enter the IP address into Explorer instead of the device name (\\\\192.168.1.2 instead of \\\\GOFLEX_HOME), I'm able to see the shared folders, but if I try to enter one, it asks for credentials, and after I enter them, I get the same error message.

I've tried chnging the IP address; I've tried making the workgroups of the drive and computer the same; I'm not really sure what else to try. It's worked fine for several years with the other computers, but it doesn't work from the new one.

Any suggestions?

fzybunny, Sep 18, 2020
  3. plugs Win User
    Map Network drive whilst signed via Azure Directory issue

Folks I'm long standing Windows user and up to Windows 7 all has been absoluley fine. I'm now on a Windows 10 and I am pulling my hair out trying to connect to a drive or even to use workgroups. Its driving me crazy.

So simple example on windows 7 this works for map networked drive \\192.168.1.4\share

Asks for userid and password , I supply save credentials and from there on fab.

On Windows 10
    • I have tried setting up credentials for 192.168.1.4 and get a message that the file or folder is invalid
    • I have used the option to connect using other credentials
    • I created a "local" account and this delighfully obliterated my Azure acount settings so I could not switch between logons. But the local account did work and the Map Drive was fine worked a treat.
    • So complete wipe and replace to get back to Azure as per my companies needs.
    • Map Network fails again
    • Checked all required services - seems fine
    • Even tried net use y: \\192.168.1.4\share /user:xxx password and this just gets the message A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.

So how does one Map a local network drive in a Azure authenticated system.

plugs, Sep 18, 2020
  4. wolf2009 Win User

Mapping a Network Drive fails at login / credentials: Error: A specified logon session does...

Mapped network drives do not connect at logon in vista with automatic logon enabled

I have vista x64 . I have some mapped network drives . They get connected when i enter the password at logon screen. Now i enabled automatic logon in vista and they do not connect anymore . I have to double click on them and enter the password manually .

Windows displays the message "Could not connect to all drives" at logon .

They used to connect automatically in xo with automatic logon enabled.

My logon password is the same as the administrator password with which i can connect to these drives .

wolf2009, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Mapping a Network Drive fails at login / credentials: Error: A specified logon session does... - Similar Threads - Mapping Network Drive

2. “A specified logon session does not exist. it may already have been terminated”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “A specified logon session does not exist. it may already have been terminated”: I just got a coworker a new computer. I setup her computer using her Office365 account. I am trying to connect the computer to our Shared Drive. This shared drive is on a computer in my office. I believe the computer is on a domain under the name example.localThe located of...
  3. “A specified logon session does not exist. it may already have been terminated”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “A specified logon session does not exist. it may already have been terminated”: I just got a coworker a new computer. I setup her computer using her Office365 account. I am trying to connect the computer to our Shared Drive. This shared drive is on a computer in my office. I believe the computer is on a domain under the name example.localThe located of...
  4. vanishing logon credentials and mapped network drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    vanishing logon credentials and mapped network drives: I have Dell Vostro desktop with Win10 Pro and Office Professional 2019. After each restart I have to remap all network drives using Synology software. Outlook 2019 logon credentials keep disappearing many times a day even though there duly saved during email account...
  5. Mapping a network drive using different login credentials - error code 0x8000700035

Mapping a network drive using different login credentials - error code 0x8000700035: So I have a SMB file server with a folder that I would like to map as network drive. I clicked on "This PC", then "Map network drive" I checked the box "Connect using different credentials" Clicked on "browse" Clicked on the correct server that appears Then I get the...
  6. Windows 10 sharing folders: A specified logon session does not exist.

Windows 10 sharing folders: A specified logon session does not exist.: After updating today my remote computer I now get this error: A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated. I created a password and now I can access a shared folder from other PCs but I have one PC that cannot access running Windows 10....
  7. Xbox Beta App - A specified logon session does not exist

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox Beta App - A specified logon session does not exist: I've tried every solution I've found online, even tried to uninstall and reinstall the app. Nothing has worked. Even did: Close all Xbox apps Navigate to %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBrokerin file explorer Delete all...
  8. Keep getting "Specified logon session does not exist" error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep getting "Specified logon session does not exist" error: I keep on getting this error whenever I try to login to my University email in Outlook on my PC. I have also started getting this error when I try to login to OneDrive on this device. Please help! [ATTACH]...
  9. Access share over wifi only "A specified logon session does not exist"

Access share over wifi only "A specified logon session does not exist": As of a couple days ago I can no longer access my Buffalo NAS share. I have't had any connectivity issues before. The odd thing is if I use a wired connection I have no problems access the share, but over wifi I get this error: \\Your-Drive is not accessible. You might...
  10. Mapping network drive fails

Mapping network drive fails: Hi, My wife and I have our computers networked to each other, until recently there were no problems, she asked to print some photos for her, told me where they were, so I went to the S: drive (her mapped drive) and up popped a window asking to enter network credentials....