Windows 10: Mapping a network drive using certificate but not a VPN - possible?

Discus and support Mapping a network drive using certificate but not a VPN - possible? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, I currently connect to our office server by way of an installed certificate onto my PC and then using a VPN which is first established before I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by scottvsaunders, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Mapping a network drive using certificate but not a VPN - possible?

Hey,

I currently connect to our office server by way of an installed certificate onto my PC and then using a VPN which is first established before I can map a shared drive and work with the files stores there.

Is there a easier way of doing this ? ideally looking for a way of keeping the shortcut on my desktop and having the ability to drop and drag files between the two without having to connect and then disconnect a VPN.

This possible at all?

Cheers

:)

scottvsaunders, Mar 12, 2016
  2. Ducky1327 Win User

Vpn and SMB issue

I use VPN and Network Shares SMB and eveything used to work flawlessly but since the Wannacry patch came out eveytime i connect to VPN my pc is no longer visible to Network unless i connect manually using the ip or pc name //IP //PCNAME this also removes
    any and all Network mapped drives associated to the pc using VPN on all the PC's that have the drives Mapped to them.

Ducky1327, Mar 12, 2016
  3. Mapping Network Drive over VPN

Hi Richard,

Your Windows 10 question is more complex than what is typically answered in the Microsoft Answers forums. It is better suited for the IT Pro audience on TechNet. To get an accurate resolution, please
    post your question in the TechNet Windows 10 Networking forum.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Mar 12, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Mapping a network drive using certificate but not a VPN - possible?

The only way to use a certificate, is if you are using a Domain. VPN is for remote file servers, not in house. If this is an issue with a remote share, then the troubleshooting needs to be done there, not at the other end.

bro67, Mar 13, 2016
Thema:

Mapping a network drive using certificate but not a VPN - possible?

1. Mapping a network drive using certificate but not a VPN - possible? - Similar Threads - Mapping network drive

2. Network drive mappings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network drive mappings: I have a vintage NAS: Blackarmor 220. I have to use drive mappings to access files on the drive because Microsoft decided I couldn't use what used to work. Periodically, a new version of Windows 11 is installed and all of my drive mappings to my NAS stop working. Often, I can...
  3. Mapping Network Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapping Network Drives: Both my PC and my Wife's laptop are running Win 11 with no problems.I managed to map the laptop C drive to my PC but when I tried the other way around I accidentally mapped my public drive to her laptop.I have unmapped it; however, when I try to map my C drive to her laptop,...
  4. Mapping a network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mapping a network drive: I'm trying to connect to a webdav server via the "map network drive feature". I feel like i've had success in the past with entering https://192.168.1.45:5201<---- thats not a real link I can connect to it everywhere else... submitted by /u/rexlx [link] [comments]...
  5. Mapping a network drive using a local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapping a network drive using a local network: Hi. I would like to map my network drive to my desktop from my laptop. I am using a wireless extender how can I map my network drive using my local network?...
  6. Map network drive using cmd

Map network drive using cmd: Hi! The command for folder mapping in cmd is the following: net use Y: \\Hostname\Share and it worked The command for mapping drive D in cmd is the following: net use Y: \\Hostname\D$ and it does not work Do you know why ? 172943
  7. Mapping a network drive

Mapping a network drive: I am trying to map a network drive from one Windows 10 PC to a shared USB drive on another Windows 10 PC. I have two USB drives in this PC. One I can share successfully. When I try to map to the other one it keeps asking for Windows credentials. I have password protected...
  8. Map Network drive

Map Network drive: Having an issue with mapping network drive with my local Netgear device. The id/password for attaching to the netgear device is local to the device and is not joined to a domain. My windows 10 laptop is joined to a domain. When I try to map a drive, such as...
  9. Map Network Drive

Map Network Drive: What to do with the following error: "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured: We can't sign you in with this credential because your domain isn't available. Make sure your device is connected to your organization's network...
  10. Map network drive results "the network folder is already mapped using....

Map network drive results "the network folder is already mapped using....: Map network drive results: the network folder is already mapped using..... Windows 10, no domain controller, all machines in "WORKGROUP" I can see the share from other PCs but not the new Win10 pc....