Windows 10: Mapping a network drive using different login credentials - error code 0x8000700035

Discus and support Mapping a network drive using different login credentials - error code 0x8000700035 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I have a SMB file server with a folder that I would like to map as network drive. I clicked on "This PC", then "Map network drive" I checked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichardCJay, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Mapping a network drive using different login credentials - error code 0x8000700035

So I have a SMB file server with a folder that I would like to map as network drive.

• I clicked on "This PC", then "Map network drive"
    • I checked the box "Connect using different credentials"
    • Clicked on "browse"
    • Clicked on the correct server that appears

Then I get the error code 0x8000700035

Clicking on "diagnose" tells me that my Windows PC is configured correctly and that the server is not responding. I do not believe this to be the case because the server IS responding find to my Mac, Linux PC and android phone.

Any ideas how to get windows to access network folders without error?

:)

RichardCJay, Nov 23, 2020
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Saving credentials in network mapped drive

Hi Richard,

Credential Manager allows you to save and manage web and Windows credentials for circumstances like network drive mapping. If you have trouble logging in credentials every time you save/open/copy/edit files, kindly try these following methods:

Methods 1: Managing Credentials

• On the search box, search and open Credential Manager.
    • Click Windows Credentials and select Add a Windows Credential.
    • Fill in the required information and click OK.

Method 2: Allowing reconnection at log on.

• Open the File Explorer and select This PC.
    • Click Computer beside File tab on the upper-right corner and click Map network drive.
    • Browse to the drive that you want to remember your credentials and check
      Reconnect at sign-in.
    • Click Finish.

Note: If reconnect at sign-in does not work, try re-mapping the drive.

Also, if your PCs are not up-to-date, we recommend updating them because these issues may happen because of some bugs on Windows, and an updated PC may address this kind of issues.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Nov 23, 2020
  4. JC413 Win User

Mapping a network drive using different login credentials - error code 0x8000700035

Map Network drive

Having an issue with mapping network drive with my local Netgear device. The id/password for attaching to the netgear device is local to the device and is not joined to a domain. My windows 10 laptop is joined to a domain. When I try to map a drive, such
    as \\10.1.12.35\share01, with "Connect using different credentials" enabled I get multiple login prompts. The first pop up is for Windows Security - Enter network credentials - Enter your credentials to connect to: 10.1.12.35. If I enter my login credentials
    I get prompted a second time with another pop up for Windows Security - Connect to 10.1.12.35. If I enter my credentials again it just keeps prompting me.

JC413, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Mapping a network drive using different login credentials - error code 0x8000700035

1. Mapping a network drive using different login credentials - error code 0x8000700035 - Similar Threads - Mapping network drive

2. Windows remembers credentials for mapping network drives even when "Remember Credentials"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows remembers credentials for mapping network drives even when "Remember Credentials"...: There must be hundreds of posts complaining about Windows asking for credentials for various reasons: despite the fact that password protected sharing is turned off, for example.I am having the opposite problem. Windows is saving credentials for my network shares and...
  3. Map network drive asking for credentials when none are used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Map network drive asking for credentials when none are used: I cannot get a third profile to map to a network drive on my laptop. Me, The administrator is mapped and working fine. 1 profileI created a new profile for my daughter and mapped the drive with no issues. 2nd profileI created a new profile for my son 3rd profile and when I...
  4. Map network drive asking for credentials when none are used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Map network drive asking for credentials when none are used: I cannot get a third profile to map to a network drive on my laptop. Me, The administrator is mapped and working fine. 1 profileI created a new profile for my daughter and mapped the drive with no issues. 2nd profileI created a new profile for my son 3rd profile and when I...
  5. Map network drive asking for credentials when none are used

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Mapping a network drive using a local network

Mapping a network drive using a local network: Hi. I would like to map my network drive to my desktop from my laptop. I am using a wireless extender how can I map my network drive using my local network?...
  7. Map network drive using cmd

Map network drive using cmd: Hi! The command for folder mapping in cmd is the following: net use Y: \\Hostname\Share and it worked The command for mapping drive D in cmd is the following: net use Y: \\Hostname\D$ and it does not work Do you know why ? 172943
  8. vanishing logon credentials and mapped network drives

vanishing logon credentials and mapped network drives: I have Dell Vostro desktop with Win10 Pro and Office Professional 2019. After each restart I have to remap all network drives using Synology software. Outlook 2019 logon credentials keep disappearing many times a day even though there duly saved during email account...
  9. Mapping a Network Drive fails at login / credentials: Error: A specified logon session does...

Mapping a Network Drive fails at login / credentials: Error: A specified logon session does...: Error: A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated I receive the above error when attempting to map a network location. I have a NAS RAID on a static IP subnet and when I attempt to connect via the static port on my laptop I cannot get...
  10. Network share folders or mapping to drive - user credentials

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network share folders or mapping to drive - user credentials: Hi, I'm trying to understand how Win10 works with credentials for accessing shared folders. In my case I have a NAS which has a few shared folders. There are two way I can access them, one via network share (i.e. \\mynas\folder1, \\mynas\folder2) or as a network drive (i.e....