Windows 10: Mapping issues with Windows 10

Discus and support Mapping issues with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Has there been a fix to the mapping drive not reconnecting after rebooting in Windows 10? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dpayne1272, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Mapping issues with Windows 10

Has there been a fix to the mapping drive not reconnecting after rebooting in Windows 10?

Thanks

:)

Dpayne1272, Apr 4, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 4, 2019
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Apr 4, 2019
  4. Mapping issues with Windows 10

Windows 10 maps

To narrow down your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Have you tried using another USB in saving your offline maps?
    • Were you able to update your drivers? We suggest that you check if your drivers are up to date by following the steps on this
      link.

For your reference, below are the steps to save Offline Maps to USB:

• Click on Start; then, Settings.
    • Select Maps; then, Storage Locations.
    • Click on the Change where you store offline maps drop down menu and choose the
      new location.

We will be waiting for your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Mapping issues with Windows 10

1. Mapping issues with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mapping issues

2. Windows 11 Drive Mapping Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Drive Mapping Issue: Has anyone encountered issues with Windows 11 drive mapping not staying mapped after logging off or rebooting? We are starting to push out a couple Windows 11 machines and noticed that drive mappings are no longer staying mapped.I updated all the Windows 11 to version 23H2...
  3. Windows 11 Drive Mapping Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Drive Mapping Issue: Has anyone encountered issues with Windows 11 drive mapping not staying mapped after logging off or rebooting? We are starting to push out a couple Windows 11 machines and noticed that drive mappings are no longer staying mapped.I updated all the Windows 11 to version 23H2...
  4. SMB file share Mapped drive Issue on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SMB file share Mapped drive Issue on file explorer: Hello Everyone,I hope your doing well,We have setup an Azure File share for one of my department, and i used the identity based access on it there are three options we can use to achieve this So i went with 3rd option called Microsoft Entra Kerboros which is working fine and...
  5. SMB file share Mapped drive Issue on file explorer

SMB file share Mapped drive Issue on file explorer: Hello Everyone,I hope your doing well,We have setup an Azure File share for one of my department, and i used the identity based access on it there are three options we can use to achieve this So i went with 3rd option called Microsoft Entra Kerboros which is working fine and...
  6. Is anyone else having the issue on Fortnite right now where your controller mapping gets...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is anyone else having the issue on Fortnite right now where your controller mapping gets...: So I noticed about a day or two ago that when I play a different gamemode then try to play battle royale non of my controls work and it messes everything up so I have to always restore everything to default it’s really annoying I hope it’s a glitch and that I’m not the only...
  7. Is anyone else having the issue on Fortnite right now where your controller mapping gets...

Is anyone else having the issue on Fortnite right now where your controller mapping gets...: So I noticed about a day or two ago that when I play a different gamemode then try to play battle royale non of my controls work and it messes everything up so I have to always restore everything to default it’s really annoying I hope it’s a glitch and that I’m not the only...
  8. Issues with mapping Onedrive as a Network Drive.

Issues with mapping Onedrive as a Network Drive.: Hi all,I've been mapping a Onedrive location as a Network Drive on Win 11 for a while now, but recently the mapping has died. It coincides with changing the securities for the Microsoft account it is associated with. On the home PC, after I reverted the Microsoft account back...
  9. Issues with mapping Onedrive as a Network Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with mapping Onedrive as a Network Drive.: Hi all,I've been mapping a Onedrive location as a Network Drive on Win 11 for a while now, but recently the mapping has died. It coincides with changing the securities for the Microsoft account it is associated with. On the home PC, after I reverted the Microsoft account back...
  10. Mapped Drive Issue after update!

Mapped Drive Issue after update!: Hello,Network drives on some computers randomly disconnect after upgrading to Windows 11. Users must restart their computer to fix the issue. We have a firewall rule that restricts SMB traffic to the domain profile only.Any Help from you would be appreciated.Thanks.Paul....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drive mapping issues windows 10

2. maps windows 10 issues